Weekly updates 3/21 to 3/27

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2010, 12:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Okay, let's see/hear those updates from our preggos, our mamas, etc. How's everyone feeling? Latest appointments? How are the LO's growing? Pictures please!

Thought I'd get this going for the week cause it's Tuesday afternoon my time .

I'm going along well. 36 weeks today and 3 weeks until my c-section. It seems so close and exciting but I'm nervous about the c-section too, but telling myself I can only be positive as that's the only way this baby is coming out!

I thought that I've had a harder time at the end of this pregnancy than compared to my previous pregnancies, and put it down to my age. However my dh was saying how much bigger I am (belly-wise) and was asking my how much I weighed. I took much more notice the other times (never been weighed at my doctor's), so I had no idea.

Anyway I was a bit down to find at 35 weeks I weighed 7kgs (just over 15lbs) more than at 35 weeks in my previous pregnancies. I'm not giving birth to a toddler so I can't attribute it to being 'all baby'!!! I think I was about 2 kilos (just over 4lbs) heavier when I fell pregnant this time but that's still a difference of 5kgs (11lbs)....sigh... I know it shouldn't matter but I guess I'm just disappointed in my myself that I musn't have been eating well enough/exercising enough.

Phew sorry for the big rant ladies!! The baby is kicking along well and really that is ALL that matters to me in the end .

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!

Last edited by mum74; March 23rd, 2010 at 12:09 AM.
March 23rd, 2010, 10:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Lenore ~ You are on the final stretch. Don't fret about the weight. It could be mostly fluids. I know the last few weeks I retained water like I was a camel preparing for a long desert trek.

AFM ~ Katie had her four month check up today. She weighs 14 lb 9 oz and is 24 3/4 inches long. She had two vaccinations and one oral vaccine. The poor little doll is resting right now because she has had a really rough day. I took a video of her and DH in the exam room while we were waiting for the doctor to come see her (I still haven't figured out why they insist that the baby be dressed in only the diaper if they are going to make him/her wait for half an hour to see the doctor). Anyhow, that is my rant about making my little girl hang out in a cold exam room wearing nothing but her diaper.

March 23rd, 2010, 02:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That does seem odd. I'm sure they want the baby in a diaper so they can check for any rashes etc before the vaccinations, but it doesn't take that long to strip a baby off once they're in the dr's office.. Hope Katie does okay after her needles .

I hadn't thought of fluid retention - though my ankles, legs etc aren't swollen and I don't know if that is how you can tell? Anyway doesn't matter, 3 more weeks til my baby and that's what counts!

March 23rd, 2010, 07:45 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad we don't have doctors do vaxes in our province-today I took the three young kids for their shots, the nurse does them-we were in and out within 45 mins including three shots for each of the twins, five for E, and assessments for all. We only see our doc if sick or for their health checks on their birthdays once they turn one.

Marie's five kids are now 7,5,4,4 &2!
March 23rd, 2010, 07:46 PM
trainermom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aw Lenore, don't fret about the weight. You are almost there -enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!

Beth - hugs to Katie as she recovers from her shots. Poor babe -it is always hard to watch them go through those. I'm with you on the whole baby in diaper thing. It's annoying.

AFM - not much to report here. I braved Wal-Mart today with all three kiddos. I'm feeling pretty competent. I'm cautiously adding that Carson has let us sleep through the night the past 4 nights. (I'm afraid I'm jinxing it right now!) It feels good to sleep!

March 23rd, 2010, 08:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Go Carson - that is awesome....hope he can keep it up!!

March 24th, 2010, 06:01 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to BeckyM
Go Carson!!! I'm keeping my crossables crossed, that it continues Heather.

Lenore - Whoo Hoo!!! 3 more weeks (less now) till we get to meet your LO!!! And I agree, don't worry about the weight sweetie.

Beth - big huggies for Katie. I didn't know about the wanting the LOs in diapers only. That seems so odd.

Marie - your siggy just makes me smile every time I see it!! So adorable!!

AFM - this week has been a so-so one for me. I'm not sure when I've updated last here. My feet/lower legs really started swelling last Tuesday and the doctor was a little concerned when I went in for my appt. Everything else was fine at the appt, although little Mark was stubborn and wouldn't move until the last 5 minutes of the NST. He passed though so that was a relief and it was fun hearing his heartbeat during that time. With the doc being a little concerned, they recommended I do the 24 hour urine collection (lucky me) just to rule out the possibility of pre-e. She said it was unlikely as I'm not having any other symptoms, but they just want to err on the side of caution. I did the 24 hour collection on Sunday, and dropped it off at the doctor's office Monday morning and they did some bloodwork as well. The tech said I should have results yesterday or today, so hopefully I'll get a phone call from the office today. My next regular appts with the Peri & the regular OB are next Tuesday, March 30th. The Peri will include another u/s, which is fun to see. If Mark cooperates, we'll get some more 3D images to share.

As far as how I'm feeling, I hate the thought of complaining, but to be honest it's getting a bit uncomfortable. I feel like Mark has dropped and everyone who sees me says my "shelf" is lower now. Isn't this a bit early for that to happen? He's putting ALOT of pressure on my pelvic area now and it hurts in so many positions let alone the extra pressure on the bladder. Trying to put on pants or even take them off is a challenge these days, and I won't even mention how ungraceful I am with socks. My legs/feet and even my hands are swelling daily, and I'm keeping them propped & increasing my fluid intake as much as I can. I'm also doing longer (but much slower pace) walks several times a day as I am getting stiff when I don't move and that too seems to help the swelling. My sugar levels have been within range for the most part, but do have some peaks. They seem to be increasing though lately to the upper part of the normal range, so not sure if Peri will be happy with that or if she'll want to make additional changes or add medication. I fax the logs to her weekly on Fridays. The Peri at last appt said I showed no signs of pre-term delivery, my cervix was nice long & closed, and my uterus didn't show any contractions. The OB though said they don't feel I'll make it to May and that they expect me to have an April baby. There's a pool going around here at work, and it'll be funny to see who "wins" that one. I'm loving feeling and seeing him move all around my belly, and know that I'm going to miss my belly when it's gone.

With work, it's still so busy and that is also overwhelming to me. I feel so exhausted, and don't know now if it's realistic of me to expect to work up to delivery. That was my original plan, but now I'm just not so sure. The docs so far haven't placed any restrictions or made any recommendations regarding work for me. So, right now I'm taking it day by day.

Sorry for the long winded message here, & so sorry for not being here that often. I'm going to try to be more diligent of getting online. I miss you ladies & think of you all often!!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
March 24th, 2010, 07:55 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Heather- YAY Carson!!! please come and talk to CJ!

Lenore - I can't believe it's only 3 more weeks!! Woo-Hoo!!!

Beth - Silly to require the babies to be in diaper only. Makes me thankful that mine only takes them down to a onsie.

Marie - Any news on Jackson ( i think that is his name)

Becky- Sorry you are dealing with all the swelling! It is hard to work up to delivery, I made it to the week of, but was miserable for the previous few weeks.

AFM- CJ has a little virus, nothing serious just daycare ick. Kept him home yesterday and went to the doctor because he wasn't eating, which worried me. Today he is still congested, but he's back to being my little piglet.
We survived our first trip this past weekend, went to my parents CJ did awesome in the car.
Also celebrating CJ's soon to be best buddy's birth last night. Our neighbor/ somehow related by marriage to DH's step sister gave birth to Charlie last night at 9:15. Can't wait for the boys to meet! It will be awesome having another little boy his age he can play with!

oh and work sucks- hate legislative season.....especially the budget hearing portion

March 24th, 2010, 11:24 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
ugh sorry i've been so MIA...things have been CRAZY...I'll explain below but first let me make sure I remember everyone:

Lenore - don't fret the weight...it could well be fluid retention...post pregnancy it turned out about 10lbs+ of mine was (and sweating it out is gross, just as a warning).

Beth - sorry about Katie's shots (i'm not looking forward to Savannah's either)...sounds like the appt was otherwise a great one though, yay!

Marie - wow the kids look so darn cute in your siggy photo! The twins have gotten so much bigger too...

Heather - how awesome that Carson's turned a corner sleeping! it's amazing how good it feels to get a decent night's rest isn't it?? I hope this is a permanent change in his routine...

Becky - omg you are so close to meeting your LO!! I had the same terrible swelling and it started right around 32-33 weeks...prepare yourself for it to possibly get worse (sorry) but it does get better a couple weeks after you give birth. Sorry you're in pain though...swelling is really really miserable, and I hope it's just that and not a symptom of Pre-E.

Sam - aww poor CJ! I hope he feels better soon! I had to laugh at the piglet reference....Savannah's got a wicked cold too and her stuffed up snorts do sound just like a piglet now that I think of it

AFM...wow where to begin...Savannah's been sick with a terrible cold for past week that now has her also coughing, but so far Dr isn't concerned and she's still able to go to daycare. Meanwhile, we've been house hunting for the past month (and dragging poor sick baby with us) and our offer was just accepted yesterday so we're buying a house (!!!) with an accelerated close date just to add a litle more chaos into the next few weeks....and then when it seemed like there couldn't be any additional craziness, we find out that DH needs surgery (knee) next week Wed, so in and around home inspections and everything else I also have to go with him for his surgery and he'll then be on crutches for a couple of weeks I think.

But as a bright spot, it's Savannah's 4 Monthday today (yay!!) and we take her in for her 4 month appt on Friday to see just how big our little munchkin has gotten...I will be sure to report back and share her stats!

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
March 24th, 2010, 12:53 PM
loving the updates!

I hired a half time babysitter for four hour mornings from Tues to Thurs!!! I am so excited-she's got a degree in music, teaches piano in the afternoons, and wants to make some$$ while dh works all the time-we're so happy! DH is currently on a 6 12 hour day stretch, so he's never home, and its hard to take the big kids to lessons and classes, or get my hair colored She's so great, and I love that she can teach piano lessons here to Noley and I

March 24th, 2010, 03:24 PM
kimberley228's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to kimberley228
Hi Ladies,

I love reading your updates, although I'm at work and don't have time to respond to them all.

Becky... I did the pee colection on Sunday too!

AFM- I'm 17 weeks now. I had my 16-20 week appt. yesterday. I got to hear the h/b for the first time which was cool. I found out that I failed the 1 hr glucose test, so now I have to do the three hour test and take a GD class.

Hope you all have a great week!

March 24th, 2010, 10:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow Marie - Babysitter sounds like an awesome way to go to enable you to get out more easily to get things done - especially with dh working the long days and hours!

Becky I have to dangle my underwear in front of me and try to get a leg in that way !!! Thankfully it's still hot here so I don't need to worry about socks and mostly wear slip on sandals so no bending down for that either!! I hope your latest tests come back fine - they always seem to be taking such good care of you (though I know all the testing etc must take a lot of your time up).

Hope the sick babies get well soon. We are coming into the cooler weather now so I have a sick 3yo...the change of seasons really seems to knock so many people around!

Kimberley are you going to find out the gender at your scan?

AFM, it suddenly hit me today that it was a year ago I went to my dr's appt to be told there was no h/b when they did a scan. I'm actually okay about it - I guess it just took me back to how much life s*ucked a year ago and how devastated I was, but really I have just been so focused on this baby and excited at how soon he/she is due that it just hasn't been something that I have dwelled on. I am actually just grateful for what I have as I know that a lot of women have these sad anniversaries go by and aren't pregnant again.

Anyway I should end on a high note by posting some pics but I can't be bothered putting them onto photobucket at the moment!

March 25th, 2010, 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mum74 View Post
Kimberley are you going to find out the gender at your scan?
Heck yeah! DH and I can't wait!

March 25th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies! I don't have time to comment to each of you, but love reading the updates, I hope next week to have a little more time. But I have to say....Marie, I'm jealous of you getting a little morning help, I would love that! Enjoy!

AFM, doing good, trucking along, and will be 32 weeks tomorrow. I have an appt tomorrow, I havent' been in in 4 weeks, so I think we go to every two weeks now, which gets to be hard, but worth it. I've been feeling really really good, especially for the 3rd trimester. I felt really icky most of the 2nd, so I'm hoping mine were just switched around. I had to take a nap yesterday, the first in I don't know how long, and could take one today. She might be in a growth spirt. Otherwise all seems well. I'm pretty sure she is still laying at a funny angle in there. I keep telling her head down honey......I hope she gets it soon. Dr. said my uterus is getting older and a little overused, that it doesn't get better with experience, so I'm crossing my fingers this old body can still get her in the right position.

Andy has been working out of town again this week. We've had 4 weeks of it. It's tough. I hate to complain, because after 7 months unemployed, we need a job, it's just tough having him gone. He leaves Monday morning at 4 am and gets home Friday night about 8pm. All week I'm Mommy, Daddy, Teacher, and Homemaker. All that on top of being pretty pg is tough. Plus with spring coming we are looking at getting our garden in and getting baby calves and pigs. Sometimes I wonder how I will get it all done. I know God will give me the strength, but that doesn't stop me from worrying.

Wow, sorry that got long! Hope everyone has a good week/weekend!

March 25th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Mari, It can be a long week when my dh is away for work and I only have two children, no farm to run, he's not away back to back weeks etc!! You are definitely allowed to be exhausted with all that is on your plate at the moment - on the up side that is great that your dh is getting some work. Hopefully he will find some closer to home soon!

March 25th, 2010, 03:42 PM
((hugs)) Mari

March 26th, 2010, 05:17 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to BeckyM
Sam - I completely understand budget season. Yuck!! Ours will be finalized at the end of May, but it doesn't look that great right now. Hopefully this will all improve in the near future. And hope little CJ is all better now.

Lara - 4 months already! Wow!! Sorry little Savannah is sick though. Poor Dear! Congrats on getting your offer accepted & I can't wait to hear more about your new home. I also hope your DH's surgery & recovery goes well. Keep us posted!!

Marie - your babysitter sounds wonderful!!! I hope this works out for you perfectly and can't wait to hear all about it.

Kimberley - good to "see" you sweetie! So you had to do the pee collection too. Lucky us!! I hope you got great results. Sorry you failed the 1 hour GD test. I know how that feels too. When is your 3 hour one? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you pass that one and don't have the GD. Also can't wait to hear what you find out with the gender!!! Hope your LO cooperates. Mark kept his legs tightly closed at first at his ankles, but at the end of the scan just let it all hang out.

Lenore - glad I'm not the only one with wardrobe "challenges" right now. (Misery loves company!!) I do the dangle thing with my undies as well and DH just finds that soooooo funny. He's such a goofball.

Hugs, Mari!! It has got to be so difficult with your DH not around during the week and I don't know how you manage. You are an amazing & strong woman. Glad this 3rd trimester is going well for you though. I hope your little girl decides to get head down soon.

AFM - first - Happy Friday ladies! I'm still here, just not had much time to post lately as it's been extra busy at work. I got 2 more big projects dumped on me this week and I'm frantically trying to get them done or at least started enough to pass on to someone else. I had to remind the managers that I could have this baby and be out of work in as little as 3 weeks. I don't think they get it at all sometimes. And with the almost non-stop swelling now of my feets & hands, and also my sugar levels starting to creep up, I'm a little worried that my doctors will start placing some work restrictions on me when I go in for my Tuesday appointments. My initial plan was to work up to delivery, hopefully I can still do that. I've got so much going on here at work. The sugar levels are in the normal range for the most part (with a few high peaks) but they've gone from the lower to mid range to mainly at the higher range of normal. With my feet in particular, I'm walking around every half hour, propping them up in between, chugging so much water I feel swishy and spending lots of time in that bathroom. I'm even soaking them at night in epson salt which is helping some and at least relieves the pain & tightness feeling enough so I can get to sleep. I feel naked without wearing my wedding ring, but just can't handle anything on my fingers right now with the puffiness. Oh the joys of pregnancy . . .

On the funny side though, at our budget meeting yesterday, everyone stopped and just started staring at my belly. I look down, and it looked like Mark was doing the Wave. He was moving from side to side and it was so cute. Everyone got a big kick out of seeing it. He gave us something to chuckle over as the budget is quite depressing.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
March 26th, 2010, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyM View Post
Kimberley - good to "see" you sweetie! So you had to do the pee collection too. Lucky us!! I hope you got great results. Sorry you failed the 1 hour GD test. I know how that feels too. When is your 3 hour one? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you pass that one and don't have the GD. Also can't wait to hear what you find out with the gender!!! Hope your LO cooperates. Mark kept his legs tightly closed at first at his ankles, but at the end of the scan just let it all hang out.
My 3-hour test will be on April 8... the same day as my u/s.

March 26th, 2010, 03:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Becky I stopped wearing my wedding ring a couple of days ago too! It was very hard to get off and I had to put it under water and I am funny with things like that - if I can't get a ring off straight away I get a bit panicky...can't stand the constrictive feeling! (don't have my ears pierced, don't wear much jewellery besides my wedding rings!).

March 26th, 2010, 06:24 PM
Love the new sitter! I gave her another quick orientation this morning, spent 30 mins with her cleaning the kids after breakfast, then I ran uptown for errands. And I got to have lunch with hubby!! We haven't done that since before the twins!! I have her every tues-thurs from 9 to 1pm, I can't wait! I'm gonna try to get the kids in music classes with her to help take them at least once a week, they need to get out, and its so hard to take them myself. DH works a rotating schedule, so he's not regularly available. This is already relieving so much of my stress!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search