anyone else... (TMI warning) - need advice

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2010, 07:35 PM
CaseyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to CaseyM
Okay so here's the deal. AF came to visit from the 7th to the 13th of this month. Normal as far as normal goes. This was the 3rd visit from AF since I had Matt. Then everything was hunky-dorry...Then Sunday (21st) DH and I dtd and then I starting spotting...Nothing to worry about. But then Monday I started another AF....still there on Wed, so I called the doc and they had me take a hpt (????I'm getting an extra AF not none...whatever) (negative BTW) and then go in Thurs for a cervix check. Check was fine. She said that it was ovulation bleeding and that she could tell I was actually Oing.....She said that this happens sometimes, but not usually as heavy as a normal AF. But here it is Friday night and I'm still having it.....The doc just told me to let them know if the next couple of months didn't get back to normal. I'm really confused....any ideas?????

Love to share pics on my facebook....

casey cochran melanson
March 27th, 2010, 02:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My friend had that once and went to the doc. I honestly don't have any advice other then it's definitely good to keep a close eye on it like they said because if it happened again it is probably worth getting some further testing to rule out any problems with the ovaries etc. My same friend had cervical dysplasia so even with one lot of bleeding between periods they wanted to do some further testing (all turned out fine). KUP!

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
March 30th, 2010, 04:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I know after having Nathan I would have periodic breakthrough bleeding once in a while. I was bfing and supplementing so I guess thats why. Are you still nursing? It could be off from that especially if his eating changes. Sometimes it just takes awhile for our bodies to get back to normal.

March 30th, 2010, 05:42 PM
No. I'm not BFing....that didn't last very long...he was having issues latching on and I wasn't getting any sleep between pumping and feedings, so we decided to stop. This was my 3rd AF since he was born, and then I got a week off and then started again...i think after today though i'm finally totally done...now i'm wondering if i'm going to start again next week like i'm supposed to or if it'll be another 28 days...i'm confused.....but it was really weird...i started getting the cramps the last few days...but they went away finally.....

casey cochran melanson
March 30th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ah Casey, don't you love trying to figure out our bodies? . Sorry bfing didn't work out, it's so much tougher than given credit for. I never, despite my best efforts, produce enough to support a baby, so I supplement. It has worked well for me, but I know how tough it can be. Matt seems to be growing bigger and more handsome everyday, so he is thriving. I didn't mean to bring it up if it bothers you. I wished I could do it full time, but it's just not in the cards. Please know that I didn't say that to hurt your feelings. Last thing I wanted to do. My babes are mostly formula fed and are just as loved .

Okay. Back to the period. What a pain! I've heard it can take about 6 months for them to regulate themselves. I have also taken a herb called Vitex to help regulate my period after giving birth and it seemed to help. Other than that......I never figured my body out.

March 31st, 2010, 05:30 AM
Mari....you didn't hurt my feelings at all. I was a little diapponted but I'm over it now....He's growing and healthy that's what is important!

As for the body...who knows...lol

casey cochran melanson
March 31st, 2010, 07:13 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
No advice! Just wanted to say I hope it gets better!

April 7th, 2010, 04:41 PM
So here it is the 7th of April and I'm still having AF...This is week #3 in a row. When do you think I should think about calling the docs back? It's not heavy now, but it's still there..........

casey cochran melanson
April 7th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I mean it seems too late after birth for it to be anything like retained products of conception after the birth... but 3rd week in a row of af - I'd be going back now just personally. Something has to be going on!!

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
April 8th, 2010, 07:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I know it can take awhile for our body to get back to "normal", but this doesn't make sense. I could understand it if it was your first AF since delivery, but it's not. So, I would definately go back to the doctor. Explain to them that this just isn't right for your body and you are trusting your instincts....even tho a lot of docs think they are always right get pushy is necessary.

April 8th, 2010, 07:48 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
I agree go back to the doctor! I'd sit on them until they listen to you!

April 8th, 2010, 04:31 PM
trainermom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Definitely go to your doctor. KUP!

April 8th, 2010, 05:40 PM
Well, (hope I'm not jinxing myself) but it finally stopped. Nothing today. What a relief. But now I don't know if I'm in my cycle now or what. So I guess it's a good thing that I'm not charting right now....lol...If it comes back I'll call the doc...but it seems weird that it stopped when I stopped taking my Ultrim meds.....maybe that had something to do with it? Or maybe it has something to do with the u/s I'm having next week on my liver. My organic phosphates level has been very very very screwy since Matt was born and never went down like it was supposed to so the doc is having me get an u/s on my liver...so we'll see after that....

casey cochran melanson
April 9th, 2010, 05:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
You definately have some things going on Casey! Keep and eye on it and Good Luck with the liver issue....I went thru months of that stuff with my mom.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search