Weekly Update 3/28-4/3

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2010, 07:52 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Whats up?? Updates on pregnancy, appointments and out little ones. Pictures please!!

I'm the worst for pictures, as I can not post them from work.
Still have a sick baby, we went to urgent care yesterday morning, because DH was worried his was turning into strep, and CJ had now been fighting this fever for a week. We were told that this is a weird virus going around that can last a couple of weeks. -UGH!!
CJ does not want to sleep in his bed, he wants to be held all the time. Which I can understand because he doesn't feel good and doesn't understand whats going on, but it makes for a very long night for me, because I don't sleep soundly with him laying on me. At one point last night he had a leaky diaper, so had to get up to clean us both up, then at 3 he woke up crying- his fever was back up to 100.1- not really too high but high enough that he feels horrible. Thankfully Tylenol has been working well. Daddy is home with him today- he's off for spring break.

March 29th, 2010, 08:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sam, hope CJ starts feeling better soon. That does make for some long nights. Glad DH is home with him for spring break, maybe a little extra TLC will help.

AFM, I had an appointment on Friday and all was well. BP was good, urine was clear, all the good stuff was good, so that was good. I didn't put on an weight the last 4 weeks, so I'm still at 15, which is good. I had a little extra from the previous kiddos. I think its funny, how last month I gained 5 lbs, and this month nothing and I ate the same. Our bodies and babies grow so funny sometimes. My doctor asked me if I wanted to do another waterbirth, and of course said yes, and am amazed we are getting that close. Baby is still sideways, but hoping she turns soon. My Dr. said my uterus is stretched out from having so many and she just has more room than most babies so isn't in any hurry to get head down.

Nathan is off his nebulizer! He is feeling much better, thank goodness.

Hope everyone has a great week!

March 29th, 2010, 09:00 AM
kimberley228's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to kimberley228
Hi all!

Sam, sorry to hear that CJ is still sick. I hope he feels better soon.

AFM, nothing new to report this week. I have to go to a GD class tomorrow (even though I haven't had my 3 hr test, they still want me to go). DH and I are just so excited for our gender u/s and the days seem to drag. Next Thursday can't come soon enough!

March 29th, 2010, 04:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Poor little CJ - nothing worse when your babe is sick and so young. Hope he picks up soon and that's great your dh can be home with him.

Mari the time does seem to be flying - do you do your waterbirths in hospital?

Kimberley - I hope that baby cooperates for your scan so you'll know soon enough if it's pink or blue!!!

AFM, sick household! Last week I said my 3yo was sick... now my 4yo and I are also unwell. It is coming into the cooler season but my friend brought her sick toddler to my 3yo's birthday party and I remember thinking as she coughed away, that someone at the party was going to get sick... guess it was us!! I know these things just happen but her toddler had been unwell with a nasty chesty cough for over a week so I do think the right thing to do would have been to stay home. Sigh, these things don't usually annoy me but it's just really bad timing and the boys have caught it worse than me and are miserable.

Enough whingeing...all seems well with baby - 37 weeks today and 2 weeks to go!

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
March 29th, 2010, 06:10 PM
daisygarten's Avatar Jenn ~ Mom of 3+2
Lenore? Two weeks?? Wow!

Kimberly- Do you have any mother's intuition?

Sam- Hope CJ's back to normal.

I'm not checked in for a while. I've been finishing up work on course... This month has been a whirlwind. I've written nearly 60 pages in the last week or so. Its due to be postmarked by Weds, so I'm in a mad editing scramble to catch up.

March 29th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Jenn- We're hoping it's a girl, but we'll be happy no matter what!

March 31st, 2010, 12:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck with getting your coursework in on time Jenn! Yes two weeks for me to go... or slightly less now - I guess I could almost do a daily countdown but I won't as then it might start to drag!! (I am having a c-section at 39 weeks).

Had an appt with the midwife at my ob's office today. Funnily enough she costs less than half what it costs me to see my ob, yet I always seem to be with her longer! Anyway she went through all the c-section stuff today. And baby is well - she thinks he/she is about the same size as my boys (7lbs 2oz and 6lbs 15oz).

I went to Target afterwards and bought a nursing tank top (never had one before but thought I'd try it out) and also a very comfortable maternity bra. That will do me as I already have my older maternity bras and can always buy more later if need be.

Need to pack hospital bag soon - feel like I was so organised with that last time (seeing as I was waiting to go into labour and figured you just never know when it will happen)...this time with the c-section I feel like oh yeah, I've got two weeks no worries.... but I did have a lot of period type pain last night and my ob and midwife have said at my last two appts that the baby's head is already right down low in my pelvis (and don't I know it ) and the midwife said today 'don't you go into labour this weekend!' (as she is working and wants an easy weekend she said!)...she's probably saying that to all her patients but I might just start to pack a bag tonight because you just never know do you! So many of the April DDC have had March babies.

Anyway I'm just blathering on for no reason now so I'll just leave it there! Hope everyone's having a good week and that the sick babes are getting better.

Last edited by mum74; March 31st, 2010 at 12:10 AM.
March 31st, 2010, 07:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Lenore, I have delivered all 7 of the kiddos at the hospital. I have had the last two as waterbirths, also at our small, rural hospital. I would not be comfortable delivering a home or at a birth center. THat's just just me. I don't have a fear of the hospital, I'd rather be there than anywhere else when our little one is born. I'm hoping for another waterbirth this time, just waiting for little one to snuggle into the good head down position. Anytime.....

I hope you are feeling well coming into the last couple of weeks. Try and enjoy the last couple of uncomfortable weeks. Thinking of you!

March 31st, 2010, 01:10 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi, ladies! Sorry to once again be MIA, it's just not been a good week for me lately. Work is so busy & stressful which doesn't help. I had my appts yesterday, and thankfully the urine & bloodwork came back fine. No signs of pre-e, protein was fine. Still having swelling, but that too is manageable. My glucose numbers are ok for the most part, so no change was recommended for that. My iron levels are still dropping, but we can only watch and monitor at this point. Little Mark is growing perfectly, they estimate him to be 4 pounds 14 ounces so he's gained @ 1 pound and so have I since last appt. LOL! I did get a few more 3D pics, but haven't had a chance to upload to photobucket yet. I'll do that soon so I can share. As far as delivery, the peri & regular OB have decided that if I've not had this LO by 39 weeks I will need to be induced. So on the 38 week visit, the induction will be scheduled. This is due to the gestational diabetes & the iron issues. But they also think he'll come out on his own before that time anyway with how he's dropped and is "almost" in position now. They also told me that if I go into labor now (even before hitting 37 weeks) they won't stop the labor. This was a bit overwhelming to hear and I'm excited & nervous all together. I can't wait to have our little boy in our arms, but am nervous to. Silly Bek. I start weekly appts now, and next week's will also have internal exam starting as well. It's really speeding up now.

That's all for an update for now. I hope work slows up soon, and am considering shortening my work week to make it easier for me. I will talk with my boss tomorrow about this (she's been on leave these past few days), but I think for my mental & physical well-being, I may have to reduce the work days. I was hoping to work up to delivery, but now not so sure. I'll update when I can on that as well.

Take care all of you!!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
March 31st, 2010, 04:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Mari I'm completely with you on that one - if I wasn't having c-sections I would still want to be at hospital for a vaginal birth. That's 'just me' too in that I feel safer in the hospital environment than at home 'just in case'.

Becky - I hope you are able to reduce your working hours and just start to slow down a bit. It must be hard to fit all the dr appts in too with work being busy and stressful. A bit exciting to think you can take a week off your countdown though!!

Have been following Kimberley (KDD's) blog, and just read the post from Sam... really hoping these embies can stick for her and dh, and that some of the other embies are able to be frozen too.

Last edited by mum74; April 1st, 2010 at 05:26 AM.
April 3rd, 2010, 01:51 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hoppy Easter ladies!

Lucky mother to five!

April 3rd, 2010, 03:02 PM
Happy Eater!

I forgot to update you after my GD class... well the class was very informative. They went over the special diet and we all got glucose meters. I was instructed to follow the diet and monitor my glucose levels even though I haven't had the 3-hour test, just to be safe.

Well... the good news is, I don't have to take the 3-hour test. After monitoring my levels for a couple of days, I found that no matter what they were always elevated, even after fasting. So I spoke with the nurse who told me not to bother with the 3-hour test and instead of doing that on Thursday, I'll have an appointment with the high risk OB to determine if they will be putting me on pills or insulin.

If I have to go on pills or insulin, I have to go in twice a week from now until the baby is born. That's at least 40 more appointments! Yikes! I'm already out of sick time for the year and since that's not how I want to spend my vacation time, I'll try to work something out with my boss to make it up.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search