Hair Question ~ Totally O/T

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 31st, 2010, 08:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
As you all know, I have lots and lots of silver in my hair (I prefer the word silver to gray because it makes me feel less ancient) and rather than be constantly mistaken for Katie's grandmother due to my hair, I am considering coloring it. I mean I won't go back to the black that it naturally was, because that would be too stark of a change, but I was thinking maybe a medium to dark brown. What do you all think?
DH says that if I color my hair, it might make Katie a bit wary of me because I won't look like Mommy anymore.

March 31st, 2010, 11:42 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
I think Katie would recognize your face first!

I have umm quite a lot of "silver" in my hair, if I allowed it to stay. I say go for it- but for your first color at least get it done professionally, you don't have to go to an expensive salon (heck i go to Fantastic Sam's), but they can 1- customize it more for you and 2 make sure it goes on evenly.

And we want pics!!!!

March 31st, 2010, 12:13 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with Sam! I'd use a professional the first time around, and definitely want to see some pics. Good luck!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
March 31st, 2010, 02:30 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Babies look at faces first, she'll recognize you for sure! I agree with all of the above.
March 31st, 2010, 03:04 PM
kimberley228's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to kimberley228
Go for it! But like the others said, go pro first.

March 31st, 2010, 03:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sure Katie would still recognise you! My boys love it now if I change my hair at all - they just tell me I look beautiful!! So I say go for it and post pics asap!!!!

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
March 31st, 2010, 04:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yep, pictures please...... We want to see the stunning new Beth!

March 31st, 2010, 07:10 PM
SnowAngel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If your concerned about Katie being wary with the new hair color, I would go blond. Its close to the silver hair color and you wouldn't look like her grandmother. One of my friends has that problem to and her son is very young. She hates people thinking she is his grandmother. She has colored her hair from a light blond to a dark blond/strawberry blond.

Good luck with whatever color you decide with. I would love to see pictures.

April 8th, 2010, 06:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have plenty of silver in my hair too. I would definately go professional. I don't do just one color. My hair dresser uses a blonde and a light brown....brown section, brown section, blonde section, brown section, brown section, blonde section. So with my silver, my natrual brown, the blonde color and the light brown color I have calico hair Don't worry, Katie will still know you're her mommy. And, definately yes to pics!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search