Weekly Updates - 04/11 - 04/17

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2010, 07:36 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Okay, let's see/hear those updates from our preggos, our mamas, etc. How's everyone feeling? Latest appointments? How are the LO's growing? Pictures please!

Since I was delayed in responding to last week's updates, I'll start with those.

Lenore - you look amazing!!! I can't believe we'll be meeting your LO this week. So exciting!!! and LOVED the pics you posted. You have such a cute belly!! Your sons are such cuties, and it looks like Jonah enjoyed his b-day.

Mari - I'm glad you all are over your sickies. You poor dear, having all of you sick at one time. **hugs**

Sam - I hope CJ is feeling lots better to.

Jess - I hope things slow down for you soon. Will they after the tax deadline has gone? I know Mom "issues" will still be here, but hopefully work will at least slow up for you. And I certainly don't mind trying to keep you updated sweetie. I've been bad about having JM time myself lately, but am trying to do better at keeping up myself.

Kimberley - big congrats sweetie on expecting a little boy!!! Do you have any u/s pics to share? We LOVE to see those pics!!! I hope the insulin works great for you to manage the GD.

Jenn - yep, we've got that pollen here to. The cars have that lovely yellowish/green tint and I'm having the hardest time breathing lately. Got to love our spring time here. Congrats on hitting that 3rd trimester!!! So exciting.

Beth - good luck job searching! I hope you find something soon.

Marie - LOVE the pics. and it looks like Elizabeth had a great time at her b-day!!!!

AFM - where do I start? Work is the same - busy, stressful, but I'm managing. I really haven't cut my hours back, I just don't know how I can at this point. I have so much to get done, but I am cutting back on all new projects and reassigned several others. I'm now in cleanup what I can stage and getting things ready for others to pick up on once I go out. I realize now that it can really be at any moment that I'll be out with this baby, so need to get as much as I can prepared.

Last Tuesday's appointment, ended up with some excitement. Let me see if I can remember everything, as my mind is quite fuzzy these days. I had the NST first, and as typical, little Mark waits until the last 5 minutes of the test before he'll start moving. He seems to do that everytime. Luckily the tech has a sense of humor and finds it funny to. She'll automatically run the test for 45 minutes instead of just 30 to allow him his "stubborn time". And once she shuts the machine off, you can literally watch my belly move as he starts wiggling around. He's done that to her 3 times so far. I noticed the machine said the heartrate was higher then normal, but since I was turned on my side away from the machine I didn't pay that close attention to it. Next was my regular appointment with the doctor, or rather the nurse practitioner as the doc was at the hospital with delivery. She did the internal exam, ouch!, and then the lovely Group B testing. To her surprise & ours, I am already starting to dilate. She said I was barely under 2 centimeters and was @ 50% effaced. Wow! We didn't expect to hear that. She asked if I'd noticed losing my mucus plug, and I had not. I'd been watching for that, but had not seen anything. She also asked if I was having any contractions. I told her I'd been having some cramps here & there, and tummy would get tight a few times, but nothing I felt were contractions. Then she asks if the technician said anything to me about the NST. I realized she had not said much this time. She indicated the baby's heart-rate was fluctuating too much for their liking and that my doctor (who had called while she was with us, and she'd left the room to speak with him) wanted me to head over to Labor and Delivery at the hospital for some additional testing/monitoring. So off we go to the hospital. She'd thought we'd only be there @ 1 hour and then could go home. It ended up being over 5 hours. They hooked me up to monitors, and his heart-rate was fine there, in the normal 140s-150s. According to the machine though, I was having pretty regular contractions. I wasn't feeling them though, isn't that funny? I don't know if it's just being a first time mama here or what, but it was strange seeing them on the screen, and not feeling them. They did that monitoring for a while, then a u/s with biophysical profile on Mark. He passed that perfectly 8 out of 8, and then they monitored just my contractions for a while. I asked for something to eat or drink as it had been quite a while, and they gave me some water. Once I had something to drink, the contractions eased almost immediately. I was still very shaky though from not eating. I had mentioned that I had the GD, but they said they couldn't give me anything to eat. For those of you who dealt with the GD, is that normal? I know my peri doc said I HAD to eat every few hours, at least a snack, to keep my glucose levels up and not let them get too low. I've got that question down to ask my doc tomorrow, but thought I'd check with you ladies on that as well. Anyway, we finally got to go home and we were both so exhausted. I hope tomorrow's appointment with the doctor doesn't end up the same way.

As far as getting ready for baby update - we've been quite busy lately. We got the crib put together over the weekend, picked up a small chest of drawers for the clothes on Thursday. It's all so adorable!!! And then we sorted out the clothes and started washing the items we'll be using soon. That was so much fun!!! I still don't have the hospital bag completely packed, but we have pretty much everything all in one location. We plan to have it done tonight and will start having it in the car with us. We had the hospital tour for the 2nd hospital on Sunday, and that was good. We still prefer the 1st one, but just in case the doctor is at this hospital that day, we may end up at this one.

I think that's it for my long winded update. I hope you all have a wonderful day!!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
April 12th, 2010, 09:56 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
Becky - I love your new siggy!!! you & DH look so happy Sorry for the scare about the heart rate...but I'm glad it turned out to be nothing and your scan went otherwise ok! I had the same thing where they'd tell me I was having contractions but I couldn't feel them....but don't worry, when you're in labor ohhhhh will you feel them but it is odd to be told you're having them but you're unaware...

Lenore - wow I can't believe this is THE WEEK and you get to meet your LO!!! How wonderful & exciting...can't wait to hear your update!!! How are you feeling??

AFM....super busy weekend - my parents were in town so we were running around and Savannah LOVED all the extra attention. We took her to a botanical garden on Sun and got some cute pics...will share once I get them uploaded. Other than that, we're closing on our new house in a couple of weeks so I have to start packing soon (booooo)

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
April 12th, 2010, 10:12 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Becky- I was having contractions for almost a month. The last week or so according to monitors were fairly strong- but I wasn't feeling them really. It was one of the reasons for the induction too.
I think hospitals try to starve you! I know they do it in case of a c-section but it can be ridiculous. I snuck in snack stuff with me (crackers, raisinettes and cranraisins) glad I did, because popsicles and water would not have gotten me through the 36 hours of labor!

AFM- not much to report. CJ is much better. Lil monster was refusing to sleep this weekend, I think he was just afraid of missing any mom and dad time. Good side is he slept through the night Saturday! But he was so tired it was pitiful!

April 12th, 2010, 11:15 AM
kimberley228's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to kimberley228
Hi Ladies...

Becky, wow, that sounds like an eventful day at the docotor! Glad everything turned out ok.

Lenore, It's so exciting that your LO is coming this week... Can't wait to see pics.

I did post some pics from the u/s in my ddc... here is the link..
http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...cs-my-u-s.html

AFM- No news to report this week, but it's early yet.

April 12th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Lara - LOVE the siggy pic of Savannah. She's grown so much. And thanks for the siggy compliments. I really love that pic of us, and she did an incredible job with the siggy.

Sam - glad CJ is better, and hope he stays that way. DH & I already said we're going to bring snacks in, as that was just crazy. I was very shaky from my blood sugar levels dropping so low, and cannot imagine how I'd get thru labor if my levels drop too low.

Kimberley - love the u/s pics!! Such a cutie pie, and no doubt about him being a boy. Little Mark's was pretty obvious to.

April 12th, 2010, 07:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Becky, I love the new siggy, so cute. You really make a happy, cute couple. Glad Mark is doing good, hope he hangs in there for you. Hope you are feeling good. I have never been told not to bring snacks in during labor. I snack mostly through labor, at least I did last time. I usually bring graham crackers and strawberries. I don't why, but they work good for me. Afterward, I'm usually starving and Andy is always treating me like a queen and gets me WHATEVER I want for my hospital stay because I am a super picky eater and don't like the hospital food.

Lenore, thinking of you this week hon. Hope your c/s goes smooth and can't wait to see the little one. Good luck on deciding on a name if you haven't already.

Kimberly, cute pictures. Yep, that looks like a boy to me!

Sam, glad CJ is feeling better. And sleeping a little for you.

Lara, your Savannah is a doll. I think it's funny, both of your names are on our baby name list. We will see what we end up with when she's born.

AFM, no news is good news. I have a doc appt on Friday, I'll be 35 weeks that day, so I'm a couple of weeks behind Becky. I'm hoping all is good. With this baby I have had very very little contractions so far. I know she is not head down as of now, I have no pressure whatsoever to dialate my cervix. She's still a sideways little girl.

Hope everyone has a great week! This is your week Lenore!!!!!!

April 13th, 2010, 08:34 AM
Thanks, Mari!! I do love that pic, and a bunch more that DH took with the tripod that day. I'm glad you're doing so well & can't wait to meet your little girl soon!!!

Lenore - big huggies to you today sweetie, can't wait to find out what you have.

April 14th, 2010, 05:03 AM
Good morning ladies! I hope you all are doing good today. I expect to have another busy day, so I'm jumping on while I have the chance. My appt yesterday went well, and thankfully no hospital trips this time. We told Mark we only want to go if he's actually going to come out, no more false alarms. Let's see if he goes along with that for the remainder of this pg. One thing we found real interesting though is that the doctor said I was barely a centimeter dilated. Is it possible for the cervix to close back up? The Nurse Practitioner I'd seen last week said I was just under 2 centimeters & already effacing. Or is it all subjective depending on who is doing the measuring? Either way, everything looked good. Little Mark moved perfectly for the NST, which was a nice change. He typically waits until the last few minutes and then starts moving around, this time he was very active for all the test. I go back in 1 week, and also have an appt with the Peri next Tuesday as well. As much as I'd love to have him here with us, I'd like him to bake just a little while longer.

So, what else is everyone up to? Do all you American ladies have your taxes done & filed? The deadline is tomorrow.

April 14th, 2010, 07:00 AM
kimberley228's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to kimberley228
Not only do I have my taxes done, but we did them in February and already spent the refund!

Not much new to report here excecpt we did pick a first name... Andrew. It was actually pretty painless, not much fighting about it at all. The middle name is another story, but I don't feel rushed to get it picked right now, we have a few months.

April 14th, 2010, 07:48 AM
trainermom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Ladies! Sorry I've been MIA (I'll explain in a separate thread). There was so much to catch up on here!

Becky - I love your pg pics! You are a beautiful mama! It sounds like you have had an eventful few days. I'm sorry that you were so starving in the hospital. They do tend to starve us. You mentioned drinking water and your contrax stopped and that is definitely common -happened to me a lot with my first pg. If you get a little dehydrated you can start having contrax. Too funny that you couldn't feel them yet. Don't worry, you will! As far as the dilation goes, that is interesting that your doc and nurse practitioner had different "findings." I know that it can be a little subjective but I hope that little Mark continues to do well!

Lenore - I'm so excited to meet your LO!!!!

Jessica - wow, you have your hands full. I'm so glad to hear that Jaylen is doing so well and that you are loving motherhood. But, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I bet you are glad that she lives close by now and you are able to be more involved in her care. I'll keep her (and you) in my prayers!

Kimberley - yay for a boy!!! How exciting!

Mari - no news IS good news. Glad you are doing well and I hope that your LO turns at just the right time!

Lara- good luck packing, hun! I'm looking forward to seeing the latest pics of little Savannah!

Sam - yay for CJ sleeping through the night!!!

AFM- Carson is 7 months now -where did the time go? He's sitting alone and playing a lot with his toys. He has an infectious laugh and smile and just charms the pants off of anyone who spends time with him. He adores his big brothers, too. It is so sweet. I've been busy with autism/school stuff for DS and having health issues of my own. We're getting along fine and I truly am enjoying life despite the challenges. I need post pics, but haven't had a chance lately.

ETA: Kimberley, I love the name Andrew! It is one of our DS's middle names, actually.

Last edited by trainermom; April 14th, 2010 at 07:50 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search