Weekly Updates - 04/18 - 04/24

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 18th, 2010, 10:47 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Okay, let's see/hear those updates from our preggos, our mamas, etc. How's everyone feeling? Latest appointments? How are the LO's growing? Pictures please!

First I just want to say big congrats to Lenore!!!! We all can't wait to see pics of little Layla!!! and LOVE that name. How did you choose it?

AFM - it's really hitting me now that I'll be the next one to deliver here! Where has the time flown to? It seems like just yesterday I got my BFP, and here I am now at 37 weeks. Wow!!! I've had a pretty busy weekend, but think we've pretty much got everything done. When DH gets home from work (which should be soon), we plan on going out & buying the carseat and installing that in the car. At this point, we cant' put that off any longer. LOL! My next doctor appts are on Tuesday. I see both sets of doctors, the perinal high risk & the regular OB. I'll have another growth u/s at the peri, an NST and regular appt with the OB. Can't wait to see our LO again, and hopefully he'll cooperate for them again.

I hope you all have a wonderful rest of the weekend!!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
April 18th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes, 1st order, Congrats Lenore!

Becky, how exciting, 37 weeks! Hope all is well and your appointments go good. Do you have an estimate to how big Mark is? Just curious.

AFM, kind of a long story, but I'll keep it brief. I woke up Wed. morning at 1 am and had to pee (no shock there) but I couldn't get back to sleep. About an hour later my back started to hurt (again, no surprise....8 months pg...hhhmmm) but about 5 am, I knew something was wrong. I wasn't sure if I was coming down with the flu or what, but than by 5:30 knew it wasn't the flu. I called Andy (who is working 2 1/2 hours away) and he left right away. I called the hospital in the morning and my doctor was off that day (figures) but a very kind nurse caught her in the hall and informed her of my pain and she set me up with another doctor and gave him my history. I have a wonderful doctor. So I had an appt set up for 11:40, but called at 9 am in so much pain and told them I was coming in. At that point, I knew it was my kidney. Long story short, I've had reconstructive surgery on my kidney and it is a source of concern, especially during pg. So I get into the exam room, barely hobbling, but of course refusing a wheelchair. They tried to get a cathedor in but when I was sobbing on the table, they canceled that idea and had me pea in a cup. It looked like motor oil and smelled like.....bad (sorry TMI) but than I passed out. I woke up to getting a huge shot in the butt and being hauled up to L&D, this time in a wheelchair. They started me on some heavy antibiodics and pain meds. The antibodics don't give any relief for 24 hours. My bp went up to 160/110 and I was having contractions. Once they got some heavy duty pain meds in my IV, I started to feel a little better. Eventually they got my contractions to stop and my bp to start going down. Tonight (sunday)it's still elevated, but managable. So that's my week. I was kept in the hospital until Friday afternoon. I'm now at home and am pretty comfortable, but pretty sore and tired. Andy has to go back to work again tomorrow, and I"m not sure I am ready. Okay, I know I'm not, so I could use some prayers for strength. Anyway, that's my update. I go back on Friday and hope to have an uneventful week. I am on antibiodics until Friday when they will check my levels to make sure the infection is gone. Thankfully baby is in no danger unless my water breaks, than it could spread, otherwise she is safe in her bubble. She's a little slow moving from all the drugs, which worries me, but I didn't have much choice.

Hope everyone is doing well.

April 18th, 2010, 06:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats Lenore!

Becky ~ Can't wait to 'meet' Mark.

Mari~ Sending up prayers for you. Can't believe both you and Becky are so close to the EDDs.

AFM ~ Mike and I are still jobless. He had an interview on Friday, but hasn't heard anything. I have just been getting rejection after rejection, but I am taking it in stride. Our pastor and friend is going to put out some feelers about jobs for Mike this week. He didn't know until yesterday that Mike still didn't have a job. We don't want people feeling sorry for us because we are unemployed with a baby and living with my parents, so we hadn't broadcast our job situation to anyone IRL other than immediate family. My car had to be towed last night because it started overheating and stuff, but fortunately my uncle who is a minister/body shop owner/ used car dealer (there is probably a joke in there somewhere if I looked hard enough) has a rollback so he and my dad were able to come and haul the car in.
Hope everyone has a terrific week.

April 18th, 2010, 07:22 PM
trainermom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just wanted to send out some and prayers to Beth and Mari! Praying for jobs for you and Mike, Beth and praying for health and recovery/safety of baby girl for you, Mari.

Becky, it IS wild to think that YOU are next!!! I can't believe it!

BIG congrats to Lenore! How exciting that your two boys have a little sister to watch over and protect.

AFM, we are making progress on the "fight" with my son's school. Long story short, it has been a very rough year and we are trying to get him moved to a different school for next year. His current school is resisting all of our efforts. It has been frustrating, but we are moving in the right direction and have several people on our side of the argument. Carson is eating baby food faster than I can make it (I have been making my own), so I've had to buy some jars to have on reserve -lol! I can't believe his appetite! What a growing boy!

April 19th, 2010, 04:05 AM
Happy Monday ladies!

Mari - big huggies sweetie!!! I'm keeping you all in my T&Ps and wish you a speedy recovery. With Mark's size, I should get another estimate at tomorrow's u/s. I know at this point though, it's hard to estimate and it can be off by a pound either way due to being so squished up in the uterus. At the last u/s, he was estimated at just under 5 pounds (4 pounds 14 ounces). I'm curious how big he is now. My tummy keeps expanding & expanding, I've got the stretch marks to prove it too. I haven't gained much weight though in the last few weeks at all though, so not sure how to explain that. DH said last night that it looked like he'd dropped as my tummy was much lower. I know it's getting more uncomfortable moving around & I have more groin pressure, but haven't looked closely (as if I can see the lower part of my tummy these days) to see if he'd dropped. I'll have DH take a picture tonight and I can compare to the ones he took a couple of weeks ago.

Beth - Big huggies to you too!! I know how frustrating job searching can be, especially in the area where you live. I hope you & Mike find something soon. I'm so glad though that you're closer to family, that means alot right now. And yay for the minister putting out some feelers for DH too. I hope that gives your DH an extra bit of help in this search.

Heather - I'm glad you're making some progress with your DS's school. That must be so hard to deal with on top of everything else. I'm glad you have others on your side, and hope it gets more manageable soon. When does he get out for the summer? I know that adjustment also takes its toil on him & you as well and hope it goes as smoothly as it can. Had to chuckle over Carson eating up the food as fast as you can make it. That's so cute. I expect Mark to be the same way, as even now if I don't eat near my regular times he gets VERY active. DH teases me that he's asking where his food is & he's hungry. He settles down after I do eat. So funny.

With me today, I had a rotten night's sleep last night and really debated just taking today off work. But I have a big project that I'm hoping to finish and since I'm only working 1/2 day tomorrow, I dragged myself into work. I just couldn't get that comfortable last night, and ended up having my hot flashes all night. Ugh - not fun at all. And to make matters worse, my kitty is sticking very close to me these days and wants to cuddle constantly against me and usually my belly. It's sweet and all, but with being so hot & uncomfortable I wanted nothing touching me. So we had this ongoing battle last night of me pushing her towards DH, and then her waking up and snuggling right back next to me. I finally just gave up and got up at 3:30 and took a long cool shower and then started ironing clothes I'd washed over the weekend and then got ready to go to work. I'm feeling tired now, and think I'm going to make some hot tea for a change. I've skipped making that over the last month as I've been too hot, but think I need it today. Please send me wishes for having a quiet day here at work so I can get my work done and not have any problems.

April 19th, 2010, 08:15 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Lenore- CONGRATS!!!!!!! We need pics!! Welcome Layla!!!
Becky- I can't believe you are next!! Didn't you get your BFP last week??
And I feel for you on the night sweats, I had those horribly too. But not to much longer and you will be holding your lil man!!
Mari- Hope you feel better soon- T&P's for you and your little girl!!
Beth- T&P's for you and Mike on the job hunting! Hope the perfect job comes your way very soon!
Heather- Hope the new school is the answer to all of the issues! And wow Carson is a growing so much! I'm looking forward to the baby food stage, even though I don't know when I will have time to make it! Wish you were closer though, a co-worker just brought me a huge box of baby food that they got through WIC that they didn't need/use.

AFM- not much here. Saturday night was the first night CJ slept in his room. His room is upstairs ours is down. I of course was camped out on his floor on the air mattress. He didn't make it through the night, but I think it was because we weren't expecting the temperature to drop like it did and it got freakin cold in the house! Decided we will alternate nights until he( really it's all about him being ready) is ready to sleep up there by himself.
Also getting excited about jumping back on the TTC bandwagon!! I can't believe I actually miss being pregnant!

April 20th, 2010, 03:46 AM
Sam - I can understand missing being pg. I'm already thinking about that, and I'm still pg. Except for being uncomfortable now, I've LOVED being pg overall and already know that I'm going to miss him moving and just the experience of growing another person inside me when he's here.

Yesterday ended up being not too busy for me - that was a welcome change. Hopefully today will be nice too. I'll be leaving a little after 1:00 for my doctor appts and can't wait to see little Mark on the u/s. He's so squished up inside, but still so sweet to see. Hopefully he'll cooperate for all the tests.

April 20th, 2010, 04:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
for everyone having a tough week.

Mari that sounds so scary and I hope you will be okay tomorrow when dh goes to work. Are there any family around that can help you out?

Becky, Layla is the name dh and I have had picked out for a girl since before we were married!! Even though dh doesn't like Eric Clapton, it was his song Layla that we heard on the radio when living in England in 2001 when we both first said we loved the name Layla and nothing else ever matched it!

Okay Layla is stirring so I'll have to keep this brief.

Thinking of you Beth and dh and hoping jobs come up for you both soon.

I'll have to get back to this later!

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
April 21st, 2010, 04:04 AM
Lenore - now I've got that song running thru my head. It's a beautiful name and fits your little princess perfectly.

AFM - I had a long afternoon yesterday with 3 appointments with the doctors and was so exhausted by the time I got out of there. The 1st was scheduled at 2:00 with the peri for an u/s & appt, 2nd was the NST at 3:30, and then the regular appt with OB doc at 4:20. We finally left the building closer to 6:00, as the peri was running VERY late and didn't see me until after 3:15. They did call downstairs to the OB's office and let them know for me, but with running late for the NST the tech took 2 others in front of me so that didn't happen until after 4:00, and then the OB also pushed me behind some others so we didn't see him until after 5:00. Whew! I'm exhausted again just thinking about it all. But we did get thru them, and then were finally able to head home. I see both docs again next week on Thursday, April 29th.

Okay with the peri appt - Little Mark cooperated for the u/s, and got an 8 out of 8 on the biophysical profile. He's gained just under 1 pound since last u/s, which was 3 weeks ago, and they had wanted him to have gained at least 1/2 pound so doc was happy with the weight gain. He's estimated at 5 pounds 14 ounces (they said last appt he was 4 pounds 15 ounces), so he's just under 6 pounds now. Yay!! I was honestly afraid with how my tummy had popped that he was a 9/10 pounder. He was breathing perfectly for the tech, and the majority of his measurements were right on track for being 37 weeks. Except for his tummy - he measured in the 4% there and a couple of weeks behind on that measurement. This is the first time that has come up, so the peri said with everything else looking perfect, it could just be a fluke with how he was positioned, and will just monitor that closely at next week's appt. She showed me the placenta, close up, and compared it to the previous scans. You can see where the placenta is already starting to age, which she indicates is very common with gestational diabetes and explained that is one of the big reasons they will not let me go too long in this pregnancy. She said it's not critical to get the baby out right now, but that they monitor that closely as some ladies with out of control glucose numbers the placenta even starts getting holes in it as it deteriorates. She would like Mark to be over 6 pounds, which he is almost there already and said she & my OB doc are planning for induction the week of May 2nd if he doesn't arrive on his own before then. I guess that will be finalized at next Thursday's appt. But of course if anything changes between now & then, they'll do something sooner. She was also happy with my glucose numbers, even with them starting to rise. That's normal, she said, and as long as they stayed consistently in the normal range she's not having me make any additional changes. It's also really nice that she also struggled with gestational diabetes herself in her 3 pregnancies, so she knows exactly what I'm going thru and it's so easy to relate to her & ask questions. And she's given me lots of great info for managing after pg, to hopefully reduce the odds of actually getting diabetes afterwards or later in life.

NST & OB appt - little Mark DID not cooperate for the NST. He's such a brat! He only moved 4 times in the 45 minutes and this was with me switching positions, coughing, poking him all over, eating a small chocolate, drinking ice water. He was sleeping sounding or just being stubborn and not moving. But right after the test, when I went back to the waiting room he started moving all over. DH just had to laugh and started playing with him. You could see my belly & shirt move where he was so active, and he would kick/push back against DH's poking. The tech had to laugh too, and said next time DH comes back in the room with us. Maybe Mark will respond with his Daddy there. With just having the u/s & biophysical profile, the OB didn't worry too much over the non-reactive NST result, so no hospital trip for additional testing this time. I lost 1/2 pound this week, which is odd with my tummy so much bigger & Mark gaining some but the doc wasn't concerned. I got my results and am negative for the Group B test, so yay for no antibotics at delivery. And no change with dilation, still just a fingertip the doc said. But he could feel the baby's head was lower, so little Mark is getting into position. It does feel like he's dropped lately, and I'll have to take another belly pic soon.

That's about it. Sorry for the long winded post here.

April 21st, 2010, 07:37 AM
CaseyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to CaseyM
Becky I can't believe that it's almost time for little Mark to arrive....where has the time gone????

AFM - we just got back from a trip to NY to visit my dad. Matt did pretty well traveling. It helped that we drove to NY overnight, so he just slept like he would have at home. And one of my nieces went with us, so she kept him entertained when he was awake. The hotel room was really really hot (the heat was turned off). We couldn't really keep the window opened because there was no screen and it was right on the deck where people going to other rooms walked by. I was too nervous to have it opened at night. Matt didn't like the pak-n-play that we borrowed for him to sleep in, so he slept with daddy and I shared a bed with my niece. Whenever we were in the hotel, Matt was in his diaper only. He was in 7th heaven with that idea. I'll put another post up about our trip....Now I'm just wondering when AF will show (if at all???) because of the screwed up month I had....maybe she won't and we'll be able to give Matt a little sis.....

Love to share pics on my facebook....

casey cochran melanson
April 24th, 2010, 01:57 AM
Casey - so glad Matt did so well during that trip!! and I hope you are able to give him that little sis!!

AFM - I'm 38 weeks today! Time does fly! DH just left for work, he'll be home @ 12:30/1:00 so it's thankfully not all day. MIL is actually flying out today to Ohio to visit BIL & family for a week and she's been trying to negotiate with Mark to wait until she returns (Sun May 2nd) before he comes out. Meanwhile DH keeps telling him to wait until after today. With me, I'm playing hooky from work on Monday (really just need a break), so if I get any say in this, I'd like it after that day so I can have one last "me" day. But we all know who'll have the final decision in this, don't we, the little one.

Today though, I'll drop Mom off at the airport @ 6:00ish, and then back home just to rest. I do need to stop by the post office to mail a package and pick one up, but mainly plan to rest my feet/legs today. They're still swollen this morning, but not as bad as they were last night. This afternoon, we have dental cleanings and then dinner with friends. Tomorrow, we hope to finish putting up some shelves downstairs and try to fit in one of our lengthy walks. It's supposed to be rainy most of the weekend, so no outside walks this time though. Perhaps the mall for a while. I don't like the crowds though, so we'll do that early in the morning with the senior walkers. If I have any time left over, I may try to scrap. I'm so far behind on things, especially the pg scrapbook. And if I don't get that at least mainly done before Mark arrives, I know it won't get finished. And then I"ll want to do a baby scrapbook for him with those pics & memories. Whew!! I'm getting tired just thinking of all of it.

So what all is everyone else up to this weekend?

April 24th, 2010, 03:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
38 weeks Becky!!!!! I hope you are able to rest up and sounds like a good idea to have a day off work for yourself.

Casey I would have been too nervous to have the window open too. Hope it was a nice weekend!

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search