Weekly Updates - 4/25 - 05/01

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2010, 11:48 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Okay, let's see/hear those updates from our preggos, our mamas, etc. How's everyone feeling? Latest appointments? How are the LO's growing? Pictures please!

Happy Sunday ladies! I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. DH & I are having a nice & lazy day today, and really haven't gotten much of anything done. Straightened up a few things, but mainly just lazed around. And it feels so good!!! We're getting ready to head out for a few errands and then in between the rain, may pull out the grill anyway this afternoon. I told DH that I'd hold the umbrella over his head. So, what's everyone else up to today? or this weekend?

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
April 25th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Having a quiet day today - it's Monday here and a public holiday (a war memorial holiday). Dh is back to work tomorrow and Layla has decided this sleeping business is not fun. Actually that's not fair - she is tired and she is wanting to go to sleep but wakes up screaming. So each time I'm up at night it's for about 1.5hours so I'm not getting a lot of sleep and starting to feel it! I'm thinking about asking the pharmacy about something natural that they might have for wind pain... I do burp her before lying her down and her basinette is raised at the head but sometimes she'll still vomit or just cry like she's in pain.

Anyway only 2 weeks old tomorrow so we'll work it out.

As for a quiet day, I forgot it probably won't really be! I have to go make a zucchini slice for lunch as have a friend coming with her two little boys (aged 3 & 2) for the day from 2 1/2 hours away. She and her dh have just separated so hopefully I can offer some support though it's hard when she doesn't live close by and I'm only driving short distances at this stage.

Have a nice day everyone and enjoy your lazy day Becky! Layla is actually sleeping now so I'd better get cracking on making lunch while I can.

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!

Last edited by mum74; April 25th, 2010 at 06:09 PM.
April 25th, 2010, 07:10 PM
trainermom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay for a lazy Sunday Becky!

Lenore, I hope that Layla is able to get more comfortable. Here in the states we have mylecon drops for gas -those have always worked for us. Is there something like that in Australia? Good luck and I hope that you are able to find something that works...and soon! I'm so sorry to hear about your friend -hope you are able to have a nice visit.

AFM, I have been getting a little concerned that Carson isn't babbling yet. He's making tons of noise but hasn't started in with "mamamama" "gagagaga" etc. Luckily he is extremely social and interactive or I would be more worried. With having a child with autism already, I'm more vigilant in watching the milestones, I suppose. I'm running a 5k race next Saturday but hit a bump in the road in my training as I've been down all week with a horrible head cold. I should be close to 100% by then. I'm looking forward to it -my BFF and I had babies within a few weeks of each other and decided when we were pregnant that this would be a "fun" goal to accomplish together. While I feel totally prepared, I'm really just interested in seeing my friend and getting pictures of us with our babies at the finish line!

Hope everyone has a great week!

April 26th, 2010, 03:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hope your cold clears up in time for your run Heather! Thanks re. the Mylecol tip.. I was in with Layla tonight trying to get her to sleep and I remembered Australia has 'Infacol'... probably the same thing, different name. I sent dh out to the day/night pharmacy and he came back with Gripe Water. Layla can't have Infacol til one month old so I will try this gripe water and hope that it helps her! The other thing I've wondered is if I've eaten something that doesn't agree with her but so far I haven't thought of anything too out of the ordinary.

It sounds good that Carson is babbling... I can't remember what age my boys started to say the mamama etc. I do remember that dadadada came first!!

April 26th, 2010, 03:55 AM
Heather - I too hope your cold clears up in time & we want to see those pics after your 5K race!! I can understand being extra vigilant regarding milestones, and I hope little Carson starts speaking soon. I cannot remember when Mom said I started. I know that I was reading at a very young age, she jokes that I came out of her belly holding a book. With DH, MIL says he just listened and wouldn't speak for the longest time. She says he was almost 2, and when he did start it was complete words & sentences, and then wouldn't shut up. And being the stubborn 1/2 Greek that he is AND being bilingual, he refused to speak English to a teacher he didn't like at pre-k and would only speak to her in Greek. He understood her perfectly, would bring her the red ball like she asked, etc., but just refused to speak English to her at all. MIL says she got tired real quick of being called down to the school those first few weeks. He was such a brat! I hope little Carson starts speaking soon, and cant' wait to hear all about it.

Lenore - Big huggies sweetie!!! I hope the gripe water eased Layla's pain some, and you're both able to get some sleep. My SIL swears by it & those mylecon drops Heather recommended. I hope it works perfectly for little Layla too. I do have to ask, what is/ how do you make a Zucchini Slice? DH & I both love zucchini & I'm looking forward to having fresh summer veggies to cook with in the next few months.

AFM - the day just started, so not much of anything to report. I did call off work today, so SHHHHHHH, don't tell on me. I just really needed a "me" day, and a break from work. And I did clear everything from my calendar for today ahead of time, so it shouldn't be that bad for my co-worker. And she knows how to reach me if I'm needed. DH left a little bit ago & I'm thinking of crawling back in bed for another hour or two. It's raining softly outside to. So relaxing to listen to. My plans for today are just to take it easy & hope to scrapbook some. I'm so far behind on Mark's pg book, and I'm not even going to mention the other albums I'm even farther behind on. Maybe one of these days, I'll get caught up. I"m also hoping to work on the birth announcements. At least figure out what we want to do, and start pre-making the parts that I can do before he gets here - cutting the paper, photo mats, etc. MIL wants to take some to Greece with her, so I'll need to have them done before June 1st when she leaves. Wish me luck on all of that please. Well, off to check my email and then off to bed. I'm sure I'll check back online a little later.

April 26th, 2010, 04:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Zucchini slice is really easy..

5 lightly beaten eggs
1 large onion (finely chopped)
2 medium zucchini (grated)
1 cup self raising flour (I think you might call it something different)
1 cup cheese (grated)
3 rashers of bacon (finely chopped)
Pepper to taste

Combine ingredients. Season with pepper. Pour into well greased 11inch x 7 inch oven dish (I just converted that to inches so it would be slightly off... I would call it a basic casserole dish size).

Bake in moderate oven for 30 to 40 minutes. My oven is hot so it's ready after 30 minutes. I serve it with a salad and my friend brought turkish bread so we put that in the oven too and all in all...mmm a great lunch! (And even better my boys like it so they get some veges into them!!)

Have a nice 'you' day Becky and hope you have a good sleep!

Oh and Layla woke not long after I put her down to sleep. So I gave her the gripe water (she hated it) and then fed her. I couldn't get her to burp so I thought well I will put her down experimentally and..... she's still asleep half an hour later and I went to check on her and she seems very content....I will cross my fingers and I"ll let you know tomorrow how my night went. So glad I asked dh to go out tonight rather than me waiting til tomorrow!!!

And Becky my dh is bilingual too but a very different story to your dh!! He moved to France (from England) when he was 11...thrust straight into school where the teacher told his mother after a month that she thought he was 'slow' as he wasn't keeping up with the rest of the class. His mother said to her 'you do realise he is English and he doesn't know any French?'....no...she hadn't realised that! So then she changed her tune to thinking he was actually quite clued on to have even been able to keep up at all in class!!! They lived in France for six years so he speaks it fluently - what I wouldn't give to speak another language!!

Last edited by mum74; April 26th, 2010 at 04:32 AM.
April 26th, 2010, 07:34 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Good morning Ladies!!!
Becky beat me again with the start of this! Weekends are rough for me to get on.
Becky- Yay for taking a personal day!! I just finished putting CJ's U/S's in an album!
Lenore- I hope the gripe water works!! and that recipe looks awesome!
Heather- Hope your cold goes away soon and de3finetly want to see pics of the 5K!!

AFM- another hellish weekend all last week CJ had been battling allergies. Nothing that you would go to the doctor for- cause there isn't anything for it. He had the snotty nose and itchy water eyes. But Friday night he went down hill fast. He was screaming inconsolably. He slept on me all night, Saturday morning we took him to urgent care- pretty sure he had another ear infection. And once again he has a double ear infection with a perforated ear drum on the right side. A couple of weeks ago when he had the infection and they changed his antibiotic to treat the UTI, the new antibiotic didn't effect the ears, so we are thinking the original infection never really went away.
He's doing better today- fever is gone and he is back to his happy self. Back at daycare. Today is also my anniversary, we went out to dinner last night (yummy sushi!) rest of the week not much going on, work work work!

April 26th, 2010, 09:24 AM
My nap was wonderful, and I just feel so lazy today. Getting ready to try to scrap now. Hopefully I can get inspired and can get some pages done. It's hard to feel creative at times these days. I'll post pics of what I come up with. It's been months since I've done anything, hope I can remember how at this point.

Lenore - that recipe sounds so yummy. I look forward to trying it out once we can get some fresh zucchini. I hope Layla continues to sleep peacefully for you. Keep us posted on that.

Sam - big huggies! I know it can't be fun when our LOs are sick, and I hope these new antibiotics continue to work for CJ & he's his normal happy self. The poor dear. Happy anniversary to you as well!! How many years is it? I don't always have time to get online during the weekends either, but did this time, so thought I'd post the weekly thread.

April 26th, 2010, 04:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Happy anniversary Sam! Poor little CJ - I know how awful repeated ear infections are for little ones - have never experienced a perforated ear drum though so the poor guy must really have been feeling it - and you too not getting any sleep.

I love the zucchini slice - really easy when it's just thrown in together and I freeze leftovers in one serve portions for lunch too .

Happy scrapping Becky!

Layla had her best night ever - yay for gripe water!!! She slept for the longest time she ever has (about 4.5 hrs), only woke twice through the night and gave her the gripe water then fed her, changed nappies etc and was back in bed within 30 to 40 min...huge difference to 1.5 to 2 hours! I can use the gripe water six times a day and I just gave the minimum dose so I will save it for late afternoon/night time.

How's everyone else going this week?

Last edited by mum74; April 26th, 2010 at 04:32 PM.
April 26th, 2010, 06:54 PM
Yay Lenore! I'm so glad that you have found something that works for Layla! I was just thinking back to our early weeks with Carson. He must have been the gassiest baby that I have ever met. Seriously, he could clear a room with his "toots" . Our doctor even mentioned that he'd never seen anything like it. My theory is that he was born just a tad early (3 weeks by my estimation) and his system was probably a bit immature. His gassiness improved over time and we were able to stop using the drops by about 6 weeks, I believe. I hope that you are able to get more sleep now!

Becky - so glad that you had a relaxing day and got a nap in! Good for you! How was scrapping?

Sam - POOR CJ! Hugs to you and your little guy! Happy Anniversary to you!

April 26th, 2010, 11:08 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hi ladies, just checking in on my girls and babies!

Little new here, baptizing the four kids this Sunday, gotta get pants hemmed. I had a gastroscopy this morning, spent the afternoon stoned and now well rested and getting some work done

Busy yarding and tilling for gardening, and the kids are growing likes little weeds! And of course I'm loving it!

Lucky mother to five!

April 27th, 2010, 05:15 AM
Yay, Lenore!! So happy, Layla slept great after the gripe water!!! I hope it continues to work perfectly for her. And that reminds me that I need to pick up a few of those remedies to have on hand for little Mark.

Heather - I just had to chuckle over Carson being the gassiest baby you've met. I've been so gassy lately in this pg, and I wonder how that'll affect how Mark will be.

Marie - you sound just as busy as always sweetie!! Had to chuckle over you spending the afternoon stoned and am now well rested. Too funny. I can't wait to be able to bend over to start doing yardwork & gardening. That relaxes me, but just isn't possible for me to do right now. And those flower beds are starting to drive me nuts at home. MIL planted some new flowers the other weekend, but they still need some work. I look forward to seeing pics of the kids' baptizing on Sunday. We're hoping to take Mark to Greece next summer and plan on baptizing him there.

Happy Tuesday ladies! I hope everyone is having a good one so far. I'm here at work today, and already wishing for another lazy day at home. But I need to get a few more things done here at work, and my co-worker is filling in for me at a few meetings today so I really needed to be here to cover for her while she's out of the office. These meetings are outside our office at other building locations, and I'm not up to traveling much these days via the bus to get to the other locations. So, she's been a sweetie & filling in for me. I could not get very creative yesterday at all, so didn't get much scrapping done. I did manage to get 2 double page layouts done, pretty simple, but I like how they turned out. The pics were taken with the cell phone, so they're not as bright & clear as normal. We've packed our camera for the hospital bag, and I didn't want to pull it out.

Here they are - and yes, you're reading the 1st title correctly. I was so impressed when I first met DH- that he would ACTUALLY read directions. That certainly makes life easier when doing projects with him.

I didn't take pics as consistently as I wanted, but it was fun to lay them out together and see the progression of my belly growth. I do have a couple more of other belly pics, but plan on using them for different pages. It's blurry, but the titles under (or above) each pic have the date taken and how far along I am in weeks/days. I have room for 2 more pics, or if have little Mark before I get to take any, I'll add journaling or flowers/embellishments to the leftover space.

Both of these were simple, but I like how they turned out. I have several other page ideas in my head, but just couldn't get them to come out right on paper. And then the photo printer started giving me fits too, so I just got frustrated and quit scrapping. As typical, when DH got home, the printer worked perfectly for him. Typical! That printer doesn't like me, as it's done this before to me and would then work perfectly for DH. He finds that so funny.

So, what all is everyone else up to today? this week? Anything fun planned?

April 27th, 2010, 08:42 AM
Becky, I LOVE those pages! I had to chuckle at the "real men read directions" -too cute! How fun too that you have the progression of your baby belly. I really need to organize my pregnancy pictures and do something with them. I'm not a scrapbooker, but I do put "pages" together on the computer. As of right now, I can think of several topics: pregnancy/birth, first Christmas and Easter, and first family vacation to Florida. I have no idea when these will get done! On a different note, I forgot to mention that your story about DH when he was little was too cute. Are you guys planning on raising Mark in a bilingual home? I so wish that I were bilingual.

Lenore, your story about DH was interesting too! I can't imagine being thrown into school as a child where I'm surrounded with people speaking a foreign language. It just goes to show us that children are SO smart. Does your DH speak French at home with the kids? Do they know any French?

Marie - sounds like you are having fun! Yay for gardening! Are you feeling ok -noticed that you said that you had a gastroscopy yesterday.

AFM -I'm finally feeling better and now one of my DSs has it. I'm hoping that Carson dodges this one -it is no fun. So, I'm planning on hanging around the house today with the kiddos. It is nice to have nowhere that we need to be for once. I do have to get a little work done at some point, but it should be a relaxing day!

Last edited by trainermom; April 27th, 2010 at 08:46 AM.
April 27th, 2010, 02:05 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oh I'm good-just a follow up gastro since my reflux has been much worse the past year-I'm sure the three extra kids had nothing to do with it they did a biopsy and I'll see my doc next week for results

Lucky mother to five!

April 27th, 2010, 05:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Marie, good luck with the biopsy. I will pray that everything is okay.

Sorry I don't have time to respond to all of you, I'm thinking of you.

I went back to the hospital yesterday and have another infection. Andy came home from work and I spent the day drugged and in bed also. I'm up now, but not much. He has to leave early in the morning to go back to work, so I hope to feel better by than. I go back on Friday and will be 37 weeks. Woo-hoo! Although, I'm getting nervous for birth and how baby is going to come out. Nothing new there, I'm always nervous for that.

Hope everyone is well, I'll check in in a couple of days.

April 27th, 2010, 06:38 PM
Heather - Thanks for the compliments on my pages. I like how they turned out. And yes, we do plan on raising Mark to be bilingual. With DH & MIL in the house, it'll be easy. I only wish I could learn Greek as easily as kids pick it up. Glad you're feeling better, but bummer that one of your DS now has it. Hope the other 2 don't get it.

Marie - hope you get the results back soon.

Mari - **hugs** I'm sorry you have another infection. I hope you get all better soon & keep us posted on Friday's appointment.

AFM - today was busy at work, but managable. I got mostly everything done, and only have a few priority items to work on 1st thing tomorrow morning. I've been very crampy all day though, and just feel uncomfortable. I hope that means I'm starting to progress more. I'd really love for little Mark to come out on his own this week and I not have to be induced next week. Please, please! I'll have to take a pic, but a coworker made a quilt for Mark and brought that to me today. It's so beautiful and so sweet of her. He's one spoiled little boy already and he's not even here yet.

Well I'm off to take a hot shower to relax my back, and then head to bed. I hope you all have a good evening.

April 27th, 2010, 09:45 PM
kimberley228's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to kimberley228
Hi ladies!

Sorry I haven't been on much. I had a busy weekend! I went to a consignment sale on saturday morning. I got a couple of cool items but overall wasn't too impressed with the sale. After that, I started painting the nursery and when DH got up (he works nights) he helped me move the furniture to the other side of the room and we finished up. Here are a couple of pics...

I'm 22 weeks today and had a doctor appointment. All is ok so far. Andrew just doesn't like the doplar, and the doctor couldn't find the hb again, so I got another quick u/s. I knew he was ok, cause I could feel him moving like crazy and sure enough he was all over the place on the u/s screen!

April 28th, 2010, 04:41 AM
Kimberley - the room looks great! Nice job with painting and getting things set up. Too funny about Andrew moving away from the doppler. Mark does that at times, especially with the NST monitor. We have to constantly readjust it to pick up the heartbeat again. Or he does the reverse, and non-stop kicks it which makes the doppler fluctuate and read as an irregular heartbeat. They can be such brats already.

April 28th, 2010, 07:37 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Great room!! I love the color you choose!

April 28th, 2010, 10:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Kimberley ~ Katie actually played hide and seek one day when a med student was trying to find her on the doppler. He was so upset that he had to have the doctor find her heartbeat for him because he took it as something that he had done wrong when in reality it is just that she was and still is quite a wiggleworm. (Have I mentioned how much I love my little girl????)

Mari~ Sorry you have an infection.

Marie ~ Hope you get the results soon.

Becky~ You are on the final stretch. Great that Mark will be bilingual. Are any of your family going to be with you right after Mark arrives? I know that having Mom there made all the difference in the world to me, but my MIL is really self absorbed so she was not that much help. Once again, so glad that we are in NC now.

Heather~ Hope you and the boys are doing well.

Sam~ How is CJ doing? Katie is teething and she seems to think that she can hold her own bottle.

AFM~ Still looking for jobs. Katie is thriving in NC. She is the belle of the ball so to speak. The kids at church swarm around her, the other women at church marvel at what a good natured little girl she is and in the grocery store on Monday, we had strangers stop us to comment on how much personality she has (she is the queen of the gummy smile).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search