Weekly updates 2nd May to 9th May

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 5th, 2010, 10:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Ladies,
How's everyone going this week?

A BIG CONGRATS to Becky and dh on the birth of little Mark!! We hope you get home soon with your little man and we'll be waiting patiently (haha) for more pics!!

AFM, all good - just tired ! My boys are driving me a bit crazy - need to clean the wax out of their ears obviously because they are just NOT LISTENING - agggh!!! I feel like all I day I am telling one of them to leave the other one alone, and then the other half of the day is hearing my eldest say 'I'm full' and then 5 minutes later 'I'm hungry'. I guess my frustration is exacerbated by the fact that I'm tired and when I'm tired I get cranky!

Layla has been really unsettled and waking alot to feed at night - her 3 hrs sleep between feeds has gone down the drain for the moment! I've put it down to a growth spurt and also she seems to have reflux so I'm feeding her in a new position and have to hold her upright on me for a decent amount of time after each feed to try to get all the wind out of her otherwise she's in pain when she goes back into her bassinette and she ends up crying in pain and throwing up if I don't get to her in time. She seems to be doing a bit better with the new feeding position and holding her for longer afterwards though.

She looked to me like she smiled today but it seems really early. But it really didn't seem to be wind and it seemed to be in response to me talking baby talk to her. Both our boys smiled just before four weeks so I guess if it's not a smile yet I will be expecting it pretty soon!

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!

Last edited by mum74; May 5th, 2010 at 10:50 PM.
May 6th, 2010, 06:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats Becky and Tony!!!! I hope you are settling in at home and things are going well. Babies, no matter what number, are always an adjustment. I hope bf'ing is going well. It can be tough. We are all so thankful that he is here safe and sound and that you are recovering.

Lenore, sorry about the boys. I hope the adjustment period is short and sweet. I'm glad that's helping Layla, it's tough when they are so uncomfortable. I see she is 3 weeks already. I hope that means you are feeling better as well.

AFM, I was back in the hospital this week with yet another infection. They switched me off my last antibiodic (which was horrible on me) and put me on a different one, which is better. I had lost 3 pounds in a week, so it was time to change it. I've put on about 15 lbs so far now and go in on Friday for another checkup. My bp was high, which is rare for me. My doctor thinks it's because of the infections though and not any signs of protein in my urine or pre-e, thank goodness. So we are sitting tight for now. I am 38 weeks tomorrow (Friday), so we are getting there. We are still working on a name. We have a list and won't decide until she's born, but I don't have any strong feelings to one yet.

Hope everyone is well! and thanks Lenore for making this thread, I should have done it for you, you have a brand new one

May 6th, 2010, 07:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
First off, Congrats to Becky and Tony on the arrival of Mark. Hope to see more pics of him soon when you all get home and get rested.

Lenore ~Sorry you are having issues with the boys listening and that Layla has some issues with reflux. I know that it was almost impossible to burp Katie for those first few months so we both cried during those times when she was hurting.

Mari ~ Sorry that you are having the infection issue but yay on no pre-e or protein in urine. Can't wait to hear all about your LOs birth and what name you choose.

May 6th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Beth, any luck on the job hunting for you and dh? I know your pastor was going to spread the word that you were looking for work?

Mari, I hope this round of antibiotics will be the end of the infections for you - must be such a strain with dh trying to work and you having all the children to look after.

As for making the thread, it only took a second . I only just noticed yesterday it wasn't up and I really like hearing how everyone is going (must be nosy!).

I know if I had been able to give the boys more attention yesterday their behaviour would have been better. Once Layla gets through this unsettled period I'm sure it will all improve and I've given myself til 6 weeks anyway to not feel guilty about what's not getting done around the house and to (try not to) feel too guilty if the boys aren't getting enough quality time...

I'm recovering extremely well from the c-section. Better than ever before I think. I guess I don't have time to dwell on it and just have to get on with things because dh went back to work after having a week off so things just have to get done . I'm still trying not to lift anything heavy so I think I'm being sensible, but sometimes I do have to remind myself that I'm not supposed to do too much!

Last edited by mum74; May 6th, 2010 at 02:30 PM.
May 6th, 2010, 04:11 PM
kimberley228's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to kimberley228
Just popped in to say Hi! I really don't have anything to report at this time. Hope you all have a great weekend!

May 6th, 2010, 06:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We are still on the job hunt. He put in an application at a construction company today and I called about a job that I had a message on my phone about (turns out they want someone with a bachelor's degree and at least one year working in agribusiness) but I was not qualified for.

May 7th, 2010, 03:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Kimberley . Nothing to report is a good thing in pregnancy!! My ob always said a 'boring' pregnancy is what he likes to see...

Beth I hope something comes up for you and dh soon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search