Weekly updates 10th May to 16th May

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 9th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
How's everyone going this week?

Becky - hope you, dh and little Mark are settling in nicely at home.

We're all good this end - not much to report.

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
May 9th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Lenore~ Glad all is well with your family.
Becky~ Can't wait to hear an update on how you all are settling in with little Mark.
AFM ~ We had the dedication at church today for Katie. Another little girl was also dedicated and when I looked at Katie, who is almost 6 months old, compared to Ellie, who is 6 weeks old, my little girl didn't look so little.

May 9th, 2010, 07:37 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
All is well here, doing yardwork and gardening, we had a nice Mother's Day Brunch-lots of fun! I am so blessed

Lucky mother to five!

May 10th, 2010, 07:02 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Thanks for starting this Lenore! I've been bad about it! Glad all is going well for you!
Beth- amazing how big they are when compared to other babies isn't it??
Maire- Which twin is in your siggy pic? He looks so happy about that cake!!

AFM- spent the weekend with my guys! Friday was just me and CJ all day which was awesome then Yesterday we went out for breakfast, visited the IL's and then a quick shopping trip. Moving CJ to a convertible seat- if that is I can get it installed correctly!

May 10th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL, that's Theo, my cake-lover!

Lucky mother to five!

May 10th, 2010, 01:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Marie, I was wondering who that was also. He looks so sweet. You are one lucky Mama. I just love looking at your siggy.

Becky, thinking of you hun and hoping all is going well with Mark and recovery.

Lenore, nothing new to report is good!

Beth, congrats on the dedication!

Sam, he's moving up in the carseat already?! Wow, he must be growing fast.

AFM, Baby has a birthdate! At least we hope. I had my checkup on Friday and my infection was cleared up and my blood pressure was back to normal. We are all relieved. Baby is looking good and we are almost 39 weeks. I was dialated to a 3-4 cm and baby is head down right there. My doctor said she couldn't get much lower and me not be in labor. That would explain the waddle . I am planning on doing another waterbirth so we are going in on Thursday to have my water broken. I would prefer to go into labor naturally but because I want a waterbirth again (there are only 2 doctors in the hospital that will do them and I love m doctor), and finding a grandparent to watch the kids and having Andy 3 hours away, we decided to go this route. I don't like having to plan it, but if it's that or having all 7 kids in the delivery room, I'll take a planned delivery. So that's our decision. I've done it this same way the last two times and have had good results, so I'm hoping for the same. After this many births, I'm hoping my body knows what to do. Doctor is estimating baby at about 7 1/2 to 8 lbs, so just perfect.

Andy will be home Wed night late, so we head to the hospital around 7 am. I'm getting nervous as the time gets closer. tick tock. Sometimes I tell myself I will just keep her in there. It's easier than her coming out, hehe.

May 10th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
How exciting Mari!!! I can understand you being nervous but I'm glad the infection has finally cleared up and your blood pressure is good so that things are looking favourable for you and your waterbirth.

Marie, Theo was the boy's name we had picked out if we had had another boy .

Good luck getting that seat installed Sam! I'm used to moving ours around now but our anchor points are not easy to reach and I pull a muscle in my shoulder nearly every time I have to do it!!

Beth it is funny how quickly we forget how little newborns are. Even now at 4 weeks old, dh and I feel like Layla is getting so chubby yet everyone else still thinks she's tiny .

Will probably try to get Layla weighed today as I'm taking her to the doctor to get checked for jaundice. The doc mentioned it when I went to get my whooping cough booster vaccination...just that the whites of her eyes looked a bit yellow and her skin looked 'golden'. I have tried to have her out in the sun as the doctor recommended but there hasn't been much sun lately and last night I just wasn't happy with how her eyes were still not clear looking so I'd rather the reassurance of having her checked and get a professional opinion!

Have a good day everyone!

May 11th, 2010, 02:07 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi, ladies! Sorry for being MIA, I just haven't had the time (or energy) to get online much lately. LOL! We're doing good though, and I'm loving being a mama now. I cried when they showed him to me after the c-section and have had several incidents of more tears myself here & there. Especially watching Tony with him. It is so sweet to see how much he loves this little guy. He'll snuggle with him every day as soon as he gets home, whether Mark is awake or asleep and that just melts my heart. It's hard to believe we finally have our own little one. Motherhood is amazing, exhausting, and worth everything we had to do to get here. Thanks to Jess & Sam for updating you ladies, and I'll post the birth story shortly with some pics too. Days & events are a bit of a blur, but I'll post what I remember. I've added a pic of Mark to my siggy until I have a chance to get a new siggy made. He's such a cutie pie!! And so alert already, I'm just so in love with this little guy.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
May 11th, 2010, 03:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay Becky! He's gorgeous!

May 12th, 2010, 12:43 PM
kimberley228's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to kimberley228
Hi Ladies...

Not much to report. I have two appointments next week, one with the complicated OB and the other is an ultrasound (I think they called it fetal echo?) I was told all AMA patients have to get this one, so I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. Hopefully the placenta has moved up and I don't have to be on pelvic rest anymore (I think DH is going to go crazy IYKWIM!)

May 12th, 2010, 03:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You'll have to keep us updated Kimberley - hopefully the placenta has moved (not just for dh's sake )!!!

May 12th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck Kimberly!

Thanks for all the well wishes! I'm starting to get excited now and hopefully a less scared and hormonal, I know it is so worth it!

May 14th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Do keep us updated Kimberley!! And had to chuckle over DH going crazy with the pelvic rest. Hopefully that restriction will be lifted soon.

Mari - thinking of you sweetie!! Hope your doing well & can't wait to get some updates.

AFM - every day I feel a little stronger, and took Mark out for his first walk in the stoller today. It felt so good! The doc yesterday lifted all my restrictions other then to use common sense, take it easy, and not lift more then 20 pounds. I can also drive again. Yay! I was also pleasantly surprised that the scale showed a 22 pound weight loss since that last appt before having Mark. Yay!!! I still need to lose more, but right now I'm less then I was before getting pg and a great start towards losing the rest I need to lose. Mark also had his appt yesterday for the circumsism, and I felt like a horrible mommy. He was in so much pain yesterday and those first couple of diaper changes he screamed & screamed. After that, he's been back to his typical calm self and we all feel a bit better. I can't believe how much he's grown already and look forward to seeing what he weighs on Monday's 2 week checkup. In between resting, I'm working on his birth announcment and picture thank you cards. I'll post what I'm working on when I have a chance to upload to photobucket. They've been fun to work on.

Hope you all are having a great Friday!!! What's everyone doing for the weekend?

May 14th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Way to go Becky - I wish I could say I weighed less than before getting pregnant!!! Interesting what your doc said about lifting - I was told not to lift more than my baby's weight for the first six weeks. But of course I know I do lift more - when I lift clothes etc... so that is good to know he said you could lift a bit more. Doesn't it feel wonderful to drive again!! I'm glad Mark is feeling better after his circumcision.

Not much planned this weekend - just grocery shopping and then will play it by ear. I've been sooo tired but Layla was kind to me last night and had a good night and went back to bed more easily than previous nights so I feel a bit better today!

Thinking of you Mari!!!

May 15th, 2010, 08:16 AM
My restriction before was to only lift the baby, but I guess since I'm healing so well they lifted that part of the restriction. The nurses at the hospital and the doc were all surprised when I was up & moving so quickly that same day without too much pain or being hunched over. They said probably all the walking I had been doing helped some with that too. I was weak at first, and I'm still very careful going up & down these stairs at home but it's getting better & better each day. I also don't walk anywhere near the fast pace I used to walk either. I'm sure that too will improve as the days pass.

I'm glad Layla was kind to you last night and hope she continues being that way for you. Mark was a bit fussy last night, and didn't want to go back down to sleep but eventually did. He's now sleeping quite peacefully, but I'll need to wake hime soon for feeding. During the day, I wake him every 3 hours if he's not already woken to feed. The peditrican said since he's eating so well, that at night time I no longer need to wake him if it's longer then 3 hours. So far, he's even slept 4 - 4 1/2 hours at a stretch at night for several nights now. Not every night, but it's becoming more & more of them lately. Yay!! Hopefully that'll continue too.

Well, off to do my weekend plans of laundry. So exciting, isn't it? MIL went out shopping and DH works today. I expect them both home between 1-2 so that gives me a few hours to get the landry done and then hope to work on those announcements & thank you cards in between taking care of my LO.

Hope you all are having a great Saturday!! Have some fun for me!

May 16th, 2010, 09:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi everyone! Hope the mommies with new LOs are getting some rest and the ones with LOs who are a bit older and doing well with introducing new foods, teething, etc and to the mommies with LOs still to arrive, hope you and the LO are feeling wonderful and can't wait to meet them when they arrive in the world.

AFM, I wanted to share a pic of Katie's feet taken this morning. She wears a size 4 sandal. . . my sister bought size 2 on Friday night and we had to return them to get a size that fit her. Oh goodness, I can't believe Katie will be half a year old on Wednesday. Wow! Time really flies.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search