Weekly updates May 16-22

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 17th, 2010, 07:17 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Whats up this week?
Appts? milestones? Pictures please!!!!

Not much here, I'm dealing with my thyroid going nuts, and a doctor not listening to me. Gonna give her one more chance this week to order the right blood test, then I'm going to go find an endocrinologist. I'm loosing my hair and it doesn't seem like the nurse there was taking me seriously.

CJ is perfect, growing like a weed. We are starting to CD part time now at home, which I'm getting into. Still trying to determine which diapers I like though.

May 17th, 2010, 09:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hope you get something sorted with your thyroid Sam.

We're going along okay. Had a pretty awful weekend with Layla screaming for a lot of it but I think she was overtired and unable to calm down. It is so hard during the week as any time I do get her to sleep, I then have to wake her to take my son to kindy and the same again in the afternoon to pick him up - so she gets woken at least twice a day and then it's hard to get her back to sleep once I'm home, even though I know she's still tired. I think she's probably actually a really good sleeper...it's just being the 3rd child she has to be dragged out and about. Times like this I wish we had family in the area to help out occasionally!

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
May 18th, 2010, 05:25 PM
CaseyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to CaseyM
We are doing okay. Matt is teething and it's killing him. He is so fussy and I just wish I could hold and cuddle with him all day and night....He had his 6mo appt the other day. Growing like a weed....14lbs 12oz and 26 in.....He has gained 2 lbs 2 oz and 2.25 in in two months....He's going to be tall. He is down in weight to 7% but up to 30% with height. Last time his weight was 10% tile, but the doc wasn't worried. DH and I are both fighting massive sinus infections and Matt is starting to sneeze too, hope he doesn't get it too.....Still waiting to see what we are going to do about the whole TTC thing, but keeping my fingers crossed that I can be prego by the beginning of the summer.....

Love to share pics on my facebook....

casey cochran melanson
May 19th, 2010, 12:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sending you some Casey - hope that TTC talk goes well with your dh ! Can't believe your little guy is six months old already! I hope you all feel better soon.

Congrats to Mari on the safe arrival of little Lila!! Can't wait to see pics!

May 19th, 2010, 09:49 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Big congrats to Mari!!! Can't wait to see pics of Lila Anne!!!

Sam - I hope the doc listens to you. Keep us posted.

Lenore - big huggies to you & Layla!!!

Casey - wow! hard to believe Matt is 6 months old already!!

With us, we're doing good. Mark had his 2 week appt on Monday, and he's doing very well. He's gained almost a pound and was 7 pounds 5 ounces, up from 6 pounds 7.5 ounces at last visit. Doc was very pleased with weight gain, and says he is thriving perfectly. They did another PKU, but thankfully he didn't cry too much. I hate to hear him when he hurts. At the 2 month appt, we start some of the vacinations so I'm sure he won't be very happy then. Tony says he's taking off that day to go with me. I'm feeling pretty good myself too. The incision is healing good and that pain is easing more & more each day, thankfully. I'm faster in my walks now too. LOL! I was walking pretty slow for a while now. We're settling into a routine of sorts here, and most nights Mark only wakes up once to feed and has slept 4-5 hours at a stretch at night. Yay! During the day he feeds every 2-3 hours, and the doc said that I didn't need to wake him at night so if he sleeps over 3 hours let him. I don't have a problem with that. We haven't done too many outings yet other then the doc's office and a few errands here & there. I figure next week, I'll probably start venturing out more, or may head out for a little bit this afternoon. It's actually stopped raining, and it doens't appear to be that cool today. It's been chilly these last few days. I really need to head over to the social security office to sign Mark up for his card & number. I'm still waiting for the birth certificate as well. I have 60 days to add him to my health insurance, but need at least that social security number & the hospital discharge paperwork. Let's see if I can get motivated to do that. It's so easy to just be lazy and stay at home today. LOL!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
May 19th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi everyone!

Casey ~ Katie is teething too. There are times she worries me because she won't eat, but then she starts eating like a little piggy again and I stop fretting. to you as you TTC.

Becky ~ Glad that Mark is thriving and that Tony has already said he is going to take the day off to go with you all for the first vaccinations. Even though I know Katie has to be vaccinated, I still get teary because I hate to see her hurt.

Mari ~ Can't wait to see Lila Anne.

Sam ~ Keep us posted on what is going on. I hope the doctor listens since it is your body and you know more about it than the doctor does.

Lenore~ Sorry that you and Layla had a rough weekend. Katie is such a light sleeper that even DH sneezing wakes her up and usually if she is startled awake, she screams as though she is auditioning for the lead in a horror movie.

This is a busy week for us. Katie has her 6 month check up and shots on Friday and tonight we are having her 1/2 birthday party. DH has a good lead on a temp to permanent job so we are just waiting to see if it pans out. I am still on the hunt for work (but enjoying being a SAHM while I am looking).

May 20th, 2010, 05:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hope the job comes through for dh Beth - fingers crossed!

Becky I cried when my first ds had his first vaccinations at 2 months! I was so embarrassed but I just couldn't help it when he started to wail. I'm tougher now (still hate it though). Dh did offer to come once but I told him not to worry - he has fainted with needles before so the last thing I need is a crying baby and a dh passed out on the floor! I'm glad the incision is healing well and that you are walking more easily.

Okay well it's night time here - I am just going to see if Layla will have a dream feed and then I'm off to bed (she won't always open her mouth to feed but she has the past two nights and then slept for fours hours!).

Have a good night/day everyone.

May 20th, 2010, 08:42 AM
Quick update! Been MIA for a couple of days, had a very sick LO! He has a slight ear infection and what I think is a stomach bug. He has had horrible diarrhea and Monday night projectile vomiting. He is on the mend now, and back at daycare, but I didn't get on the computer much the past two days.

May 21st, 2010, 07:04 AM
CaseyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to CaseyM
So update....better not drink while you read this, or you may shower your computer....So DH found a job! He is going to be working for a lumber company delivering. He just has to pass the DOT physical (shouldn't be a problem) and they need to run his license (no issues there). So that was yesterday morning....jump ahead to 5pm, on my way home from work and get a call from DH....HE FELL DOWN THE NEIGHBOR'S STEPS....now most of you remember last summer when he had the job and the day before, broke his ankle....well this was the OTHER ankle....but I don't think he did anything bad to it....He left for his physical this morning and didn't say anything about it....I thought he was kidding me when he told me....oh well...just going to bubble wrap him until he starts his job.....hahahah

Love to share pics on my facebook....

casey cochran melanson
May 21st, 2010, 07:42 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sam - big huggies!!! I hope CJ is feeling all better now.

Casey - Oh No!!! That's so unbelievable, and I think bubblewrapping your DH may be the best option at this point. I hope though that he didn't do anything serious.

Beth - I'm keeping my fingers crossed that DH gets this job.

Lenore - hope Layla fed for you & got back to sleep okay. Mark has been a bit fussy these past couple of nights here, but once I used some of the gas drops he was much better and back to sleeping more.

I don't have much to update here with us. DH actually has this weekend off after working last weekend and part of the one before, so I'm looking forward to that. I've been taking Mark out daily for a couple of walks each day and we both enjoy that. I turn 36 tomorrow, and may pump some milk so MIL can watch him while DH & I enjoy a movie. She offered to babysit for us, and I think we'll take her up on that offer. He'll be 3 weeks on Sunday, which is hard to believe already and he's feeding great so it shouldn't be a problem introducing a bottle occasionally at this point should it? I hear conflicting stories on that. Well, he's waking up so I'd better go. I'll try to jump back on later if I get the chance. HOpe you all have a wonderful Friday!!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
May 21st, 2010, 08:51 AM
Casey- OMG you need to bubble wrap that man!!!!
Beth- any news on the job??
Lenore- hope Layla will start sleeping through the night for you!
Becky- my trick with CJ for vax's has been having a bottle ready right after and it soothes him immediately. By the time we leave he is smiling again.
Mari- dying to see pics!!!!!!

CJ is much much better. Still dealing with a small amount of diarrhea but not much at all- in fact back to using cloth at home again.
I have an appointment with the endocrinologist on 6-8, hopefully he can get me straightened out with my thyroid issues.

Oh and if any of you have any of the recalled Tylenol or Motrin and have not requested a refund yet go do it!! I got two refund checks for $31 a piece!!

May 21st, 2010, 09:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sam ~ Glad CJ is feeling better now.

Casey ~ Glad it wasn't a definite break. Hopefully it will heal up quickly and not cause him too much pain.

Lenore~ Hope you and Layla have been resting better and Layla has been eating well.

Becky~ Happy Birthday a day early. It is nice of your MIL to babysit while you all enjoy a movie, of course if she is like my mom, she is probably going to be pushing you all out the door saying that you all take your time and they will be just fine, secretly thinking "I get alone time with my gorgeous grandson. What a lucky woman I am." Happy three week birthday Mark, just a couple of days early.

AFM ~ No word on any jobs for either of us. I know that things are going to happen when they are supposed to though, I am just keeping the faith. This morning was Katie's 6 month appointment and the doctor was very pleased with how she is growing. My baby now weighs 17 lb 3 oz and is 26 1/4 inches tall. Her head circumference is 44 cm, which puts her in the 75th percentile for her age group. Dr. R (our pedi) said that she is the size of some 1 year olds and told us we can start introducing foods into her diet, starting with rice cereal. He actually recommended that unless we were taking a trip to just use a blender to fix the foods she eats so that when she eats mashed potatoes, it is really potatoes that have been mashed (pureed) in the blender. He said to wait three days between foods so that if she has an allergy to something, we will be able to better pinpoint what caused the reaction. She has ecema (or however it is spelled) and the hema-something on her back is something he wants a dermatologist to look at so we are waiting for the call telling us when the appointment is. I have a scrip to take to the pharmacy for her this afternoon for her rash, I think. I can't read his handwriting.

Got a couple of calls from the dr. after we got home. One was asking us to call back and tell them which pharmacy we use so they can call in the scrip. When I called back, I was told that the scrip was for estrogen cream and the one I have is for a cream for the rash. I started checking to see why she would be needing an estrogen cream and found something called labial adhesions which sort of worried me but while I was fretting the phone rang again and it was the nurse telling me how to use the cream and that Katie's labia are fused together. This cream is going to be put on twice a day to help get the labia unfused so she can have a normal life. I am not sure what the side effects may be. I just know if she starts to look as though she is developing up top, DH will have a major meltdown and be at the doctor's screaming "what have you done to my little girl???" I hope when I read the side effects and get some info from mommies of girls who have knowledge of this or mommies with medical knowledge, I won't be so scared.

Last edited by MomtoKatieB; May 21st, 2010 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Updated with additional information
May 21st, 2010, 09:40 AM
kimberley228's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to kimberley228
Popping in to say Hi! I had two appointments this week. The first was Tuesday and it was just a regular appointment with the High Risk Doctor. Everything appears to be fine, they are having trouble regulating my blood sugar levels. Nothing too serious, but he did increase my insulin dosage again. My second appointment was the Fetal Echo. I had to wait 45 minutes past my appointment time to be seen because the doctor was running behind. Then I was in the u/s for about an hour. It was fun to see Andrew moving around like crazy and feeling it at the same time. Not so fun that since he wouldn't keep still the u/s tech couldn't get very good pics of what she needed to. We were told to go back and wait for the doctor. We waited another 15 min for the doctor to come and tell us that we have to come back in four weeks to redo the Echo because while he didn't see any abnormalities, the pics were not good enough. I was, needless to say, a little frusterated at the whole thing. Especially since I'm using vacation time now for all my appointments.

I hope you all have a great weekend.

May 21st, 2010, 03:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hope you don't have to use up much more vacation time for your appts Kimberley.

Way to go Beth - sounds like Katie is growing well! I am surprised they didn't tell you about the labial cream before writing a script for the cream??

Becky - I think pumping a bottle occasionally at this point would be fine. During the first six weeks I just wouldn't do it very often as supply and demand is being established. That's just my unprofessional advice , ( I've read a fair bit on it over the years and with b'feeding my two but I know I don't know it all!!!). But I'm sure it's fine and have a fantastic birthday - how lovely to have your MIL on hand to babysit like that in your home! Mark is a lucky little boy .

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search