Weekly Updates May 30- June 5

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 31st, 2010, 07:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
How is everyone doing? I figured Sam was busy so I thought I would start this week's updates.

I got a message today on my voice mail to call the local CVS about the online application I put in last week. I called and was told to come over and sign my application, fill out the consent for a background check and get the paperwork to take to the hospital lab to get a pre employment drug screening. I went and did the paperwork, had the drug test completed, took the employer copy back to the store manager and then came home. I am hoping that my taking the drug test means they are planning to hire me. Of course, the manager said that the results of the test and the background check would not come back for at least 4 days so I will still be able to take Katie to her pedi dermatologist appt. this Thursday. My parents, DH and I are taking her since she does not like long 'bye byes' and their car is air conditioned so even though she won't be really happy, she won't be burning up in our car (no a/c) so it will make things a bit more tolerable. We have a WIC appt. on Monday am but hopefully I will be able to do it and then if need be go into work since the WIC office is just across the parking lot from the CVS.

Last edited by MomtoKatieB; May 31st, 2010 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Made an oops
May 31st, 2010, 09:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Beth I don't know what CVS or WIC stand for? But I'm crossing my fingers that this means there is a job on the horizon for you!! And I have probably missed something - why is Katie seeing the dermatologist?

Layla is having her longest day sleep in many days. She's been asleep for 2 hours now and I rearranged some shelves in the main bedroom. So nice to do something other than try to get a baby to sleep . She has been giving me the most beautiful smiles lately - I just love it when they start to respond to you!

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
June 1st, 2010, 06:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Lenore~ Glad that Layla is getting some sleep and smiling.

Katie is going to the dermatologist for her ecema (or however it is spelled) as well as a spot she has on her back that our pedi is concerned about. He called it by some technical name but basically it is a blood vessel too close to the skin surface so it looks like a purplish dot. CVS is a pharmacy but they also carry a variety of other items, including a small amount of food items but no clothing items other than an occasional t shirt. WIC is a government program that we got for Katie when we moved to North Carolina. It stands for women, infants and children and provides food vouchers for formula and other food items that an infant, child or nursing mom would need but due to income or lack thereof might not be able to afford.

June 1st, 2010, 07:43 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
YAY!! Beth!!!! I hope CVS comes through!!!!
Waiting to hear how the dermatologist appt goes. CJ has little red marks on the back of his head/neck (since birth) I'm gonna question his doctor about them next time he goes in. (and thanks for starting the thread!)

Lenore- YAY for long naps and smiles!! Best thing in the world when you get those first real smiles!!

AFM- didn't do a lot this weekend, mainly stayed close to home and did stuff around the house. Going to AR this weekend for my family reunion. Leaving Thursday night for my parents, then the reunion is Saturday. My mom is super excited to get to show off her new grandbaby.
I'm a little anxious because I know I'm gonna get upset because my 19 year old cousin (who I usually call the nit-wit) will be there with her LO who is 3 months old. Because she is local and was more vocal about the baby (she invited everyone on her FB and everyone in the family to her shower because she wanted gifts) I have a feeling that CJ will be ignored.
At least his grandparents will be overjoyed to see him again.

June 2nd, 2010, 03:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Beth you'll have to update us after Katie's appt. Hopefully you hear some positive news from CVS soon - sounds like it would be a good type of place to work for .

Sam I hope you enjoy the family reunion. I'm thinking surely gorgeous CJ won't be ignored! Hopefully everyone will be thrilled that there will be two babies to have cuddles with rather than one .

How was your birthday Becky? What movie did you and dh go to see? Is Mark letting you get some sleep at night?

Have a good day/night everyone!

June 2nd, 2010, 03:54 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi, ladies! Sorry for being MIA lately. Last week was super busy, but now that we got MIL off to Greece that business is over for now.

Beth - I'm keeping my crossables crossed that the CVS job comes through. Them paying to do a background check & drug test on you is a great sign. Keep us posted on how Katie's dematologist appt goes. Mark has developed a rash or sorts on his face, and I may end up having to take him to the doc about it.

Lenore - Big yay for longer day sleeps and smiles!! We've gotten a few smiles here & there from Mark, but don't know if they're the real ones or just from gas right now. And can never seem to catch them on the camera.

AFM - As I indicated, we got MIL off to Greece and the house seems so empty now. We also had BIL, SIL & niece visiting over the weekend too and it's hard to do much of anything when they're here. Mark is still being very alert, but has been so much better today. He's gone down for naps with very little fussing, and is eating much better too. Maybe he's just been over-stimulated these past couple of weeks. It was so nice today to have my happy baby back. Mark has developed a rash though, and I may end up calling the doc about it. I thought at first it was just the baby acne that some babies get (from my hormones) that will clear up after the first couple of months, but it seems to spreading now and is on more then just his cheeks & forehead. I know I'm very sensitive to shampoos/soaps and hope that he's not getting that from me. I've been using Johnson & Johnson shampoo/body wash on him. On me, I've been using Aveeno products for a while now on my face, and know that they make baby stuff to so may try that as well. Has anyone else had a rash on their baby's face/forehead/ and now it's on the top of 1 ear and a little bit on his chest & shoulders. He doesn't seem bothered by it at all.

The thing I really need to get started on now is the day care. I know it's not going to be easy finding one I'm happy with to be taking care of our LO, but we don't have a choice in that. We cannot afford for either of us to be a SAHM or Dad, and with the 1st month gone already I want to do this now and have the last month just to relax & enjoy with Mark. Wish me luck on that!!

I hope everyone is having a great week! I'll try not to be so MIA again and will upload some more pics shortly. He's grown so much and I can't believe he's a month old already!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
June 2nd, 2010, 05:11 PM
daisygarten's Avatar Jenn ~ Mom of 3+2
Lenore-- Layla is so sweet! How are your older two coping with their new sibling? I'm getting a little nervous about my vivacious 5-year old and a tiny baby...

Sam- Try not to worry too much about the weekend! Your little darling is sure to be doted upon and adored at your family reunion Who could resist him?

Beth-- GL on the interview. I love shopping at CVS.

Becky- Child care search is never a pleasant search. Picking a place you feel comfortable with and can afford is a tough combo. Infant care at my kiddos center is so high, we're planning on hiring a former student's mother for in home care for the first year or so.

AFM-- (Sorry for the MIA check ins!! I sometimes peek in on everyone without posting ) At last weeks doc appointment I was 1cm and tomorrow he wants to talk about picking an induction date. I'm feeling that strange "it could be any day" feeling-- as I've never dilated this early or had as many braxton hicks.

June 3rd, 2010, 11:00 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jenn - It's so exciting that you're so close!!! Keep us posted on how the appt goes.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
June 3rd, 2010, 04:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Jenn I didn't realise you were so close!! My boys are coping really well with Layla. ESPECIALLY my 5year old so hopefully that bodes well for you! He is absolutely in L-O-V-E. I overheard him telling my 3yo that he was going to marry Layla when she grows up! My 3yo thinks she's great too but doesn't have the same capacity to remember to be careful around her (he is gentle, but then jumps up and runs around too close to her etc).

Becky I hope you find the cause of Mark's rash. Hopefully his rash isn't due to something you're eating as it would be so hard to try to work out what was doing it! GL with the daycare search.

Mari you might be reading but far to busy to reply with 8...hope you're going along okay. My dh had a work function last night so it was the first time since Layla was born that he wasn't home to help out with the night time routine (he often takes over the boys if Layla is unsettled). Anyway I coped fine because I guess you just do when you have to , but it did make me think of you - how do you organise your crew at night with a newborn and dh away? (Supermom me thinks??!)

June 3rd, 2010, 04:02 PM
kimberley228's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to kimberley228
Hi Ladies,

Just popping in to say Hi. I've been super busy at work and home and getting very little sleep.

Still having trouble regulating the blood sugar levels and hoping they don't end up admiting me to the hospital to get them under control. I've avoided it so far.

Other than that, I don't have much to report. I can't stay long, gotta get back to work.

Have a great week/weekend everyone!

June 4th, 2010, 08:26 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love these updates! We're doing well here, came home from CA with colds, today I took Arthur to ER for his high temp and some lip cyanosis when eating, just another virus to get him through-Tylenol and Motrin as usual.
I'm just starting learn to run program, time to shed these 50lbs I've been dragging around for 15 years-maybe this will be the last time at this weight? Here's to hoping!

Lucky mother to five!

June 5th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi everyone! I know, I know....I've been REALLY MIA! I haven't been on since Becky's lil Mark was born! I don't think I'm going to be able to reply to everybody....but please know that I've been thinking about all of you!

Glad to see that Mari's had her lil girl! CONGRATS!! I think Lenore had it right that you have got to be SuperMom!

Good Luck to Beth and I hope the doctor gets Katie's issues figured out.

Sam....Jaylen's got those marks on the back of her neck at the base of her head too. Apparently they are "stork bites"....'ol wive's tale about where the stork carried the baby. From what I understand they will fade with time.

I hope Mark's acne gets cleared up soon, Becky. I know you and I keep in touch thru texting way more often than I'm on JM.

I've missed everyone so much! As for us....oh, boy, where to start. Let's start with the good and then move to the bad. Jaylen is doing wonderful! She's a little over 5 months now....turned 5 months on May 23rd. On the 22nd she popped her first tooth thru (you're right Lara....they are so stinkin' cute!). On Tuesday the 25th she rolled over for the first time...back to front...still hasn't figured out how to get back or roll over to her right. And, on Saturday the 29th she ate rice cereal for the first time and loves it! I don't get a chance to feed her cereal everyday (close tho) so I gave it a little extra time to see if she had any reactions to it and she didn't, so I gave her oatmeal cereal today and she seems to love it even more. Can't wait to see what she does with things that are sweeter. I've been busy with all kinds of things (hence why I haven't been on JM). Work seems to never end. I think part of that is since I get to take Jaylen with me and she's starting to be more active I'm not getting as much done and therefore getting further behind. Something will work out. Now, for the not so great news....my mom. As most of you know she has Parkinsons...which is doing fine. Last fall she was also diagnosed with cirrousus of the liver caused by autoimmune heppatitis (I know, spelling is all over the place with those ). The liver issues have been getting worse to the point that she's bleeding in her esophagus and was in the hospital 2 weekends in a row....this is her 2nd weekend of NOT being there. Her gastro is setting up a consultation appointment with the University of Washington to check into the ins and out of a liver transplant and whether or not it'd be even feesible. With her medical history and age it doesn't sound likely. Although she has two sisters that have offered a piece of theirs, it doesn't normally work that way since it's not like a kidney. Even "if" a transplant could happen she may be trading one set of problems for another. Hopefully we'll find out more when that appointment happens. Here's the saddest news I've heard on all of this....when mom was out of earshot of her doctor I asked a prognosis if she doesn't get a transplant. Of course, his answer was that he can't see into the future, but since things have progressed faster than he anticipated he's guessing 3-5 years. I know it's just a guess, but I was really hoping she'd be able to see Jaylen graduate highschool...my mom's only 63, so that's not really out of the question. So, I've been super busy with my mom too.

Sorry, girls....I didn't mean to make this such a long update (or a sad one) but a lot's happened over the last month. Again, I miss all of you!! I will "try" and update with new pics of Jaylen...she's grown SOOOOO much!

June 5th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh Jessica, I'm so sorry to hear that regarding your mom; moms are very hard to lose-praying for healing here for you

Lucky mother to five!

June 6th, 2010, 03:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Jess. I know when they said dh would probably need a kidney transplant in 10 to 12 years it knocked us for six, but a prognosis of 3 to 5 years if she's not eligible for a transplant must be so so hard to contemplate. I hope the next appt brings some positive news - 63 is so young to have all these problems - life is not fair.

Can't wait to see pics of Jaylen - when you said she was 5 months I thought wow, really!! But then again Layla is 2 months old in a week's time.

Layla has the stork bite marks too - just on her eyelid and my paed just said they would go away...I actually didn't think to ask how long it would take.

Kimberley - hope you have better luck with regulating your blood sugars.

AFM, a quiet weekend which Layla seems to have loved. She slept for 7 straight hours last night (the most previously was 5 hrs a couple of times). And then after feeding she went back to sleep for another few hours and woke at 7.30 am - so that was the first time she has only woken once during the night. Would be thrilled if she could repeat it tonight. Sooo many cute smiles... I'll upload one to photobucket now...

Smiley girl at 7wks: (And no, they're not MY hairy legs!! Shame that's the backdrop to a great photo of our girl!!)

6wks old wearing a jumper her big brother used to wear, and pink slippers sent by a friend (she wanted a photo of Layla wearing them )

June 6th, 2010, 08:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Just a quick update on us. Katie's appt. went well. The dr. told us to use cetaphil (I think I spelled it right) which is an OTC soap substitute. It seems the johnson and johnson stuff was not good for my little girl. He said the place on her back (I think it is called a hemagioma) looked okay and would probably disappear by the time she is 7. I got a call on Saturday that I start work on Monday afternoon (1 pm) so I will still be able to take Katie to the WIC appt. at 10 am. Mom is going to be my babysitter (like she would let anyone else take care of Katie other than DH or myself) so that will be one less thing we have to pay for.
to all.

June 7th, 2010, 03:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad you got good news on the hemangioma Beth. And hopefully the new soap helps with the eczema. I will ask my friend too what she was told to use with her daughter's eczema.. Oh I remembered - I call them 'cobbler's pegs' (they stick to clothing like crazy) - it's like a weed and I think she had to boil them and add them to her daughter's bath water... but amongst my friends we have 3 different names for this weed so you will have no idea what I'm talking about!!!

CONGRATS ON THE JOB!!! And how wonderful that your Mom is going to watch Katie - that is just fantastic for you guys. What days are you working?

June 7th, 2010, 07:43 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
YAY Beth!!! Congrats on the job!!!!!!

Lenore- Layla is so cute!! Love those slippers!

Jess- so sorry about your mom, hope you start getting better news.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search