Weekly updates June 13- 19

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 14th, 2010, 06:47 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Whats going on?? Pictures please!

AFM- funeral this afternoon for DH's aunt. SIL is here staying with us, she has been just completely hogging CJ.

I have new pics up on FB, can't get to them from here, but if you go look at the 12 month album is 5 month pics are in there!

June 14th, 2010, 11:37 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi ladies! Nothing much going on here, we're still doing the childcare search. We both liked the lady we interviewed last week, but also want to interview a few more before we make a final decision. It's not easy though, and I can already see that it's going to be hard to leave Mark with anyone. But don't have a choice in this. We have Mark's 40 day blessing this coming Sunday at the church. It would have typically been this past weekend, but DH was working, so Father said we could do it this coming weekend which will also be on Father's Day. It's not as big of a deal as the baptism, and will be a short ceremony. I guess I need to figure out what dress or skirt/top I can wear. I haven't pulled out any dressy clothes since delivery.

Sam - hugs!! I'll take a look at those pics on facebook. CJ is such a cutie, so I don't blame SIL for hogging him. I'd be doing the same thing.

I hope everyone is doing well and can't wait to hear this week's updates.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
June 14th, 2010, 11:44 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
Sam - so sorry for your losses and i'd hog CJ too! he's such a cutepie!

Becky - selecting daycare is so hard - good luck with your search/decision! And can't wait to hear how the blessing goes...

Here's the first official picture of Savannah's teeth! We're calling her Chompers now

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
June 14th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I just typed responses to everyone and a big post and lost it, what a bummer.

Anyway, only have a second now, but things here are going well. Lila is now 4 weeks old and is growing and changing everyday. My DH left this morning for work and will be back Thursday night, so I hope the week goes smoothly for us. We have had so much rain lately, and today we are inside again. But it's going okay.

My BP last week was 145/96, so it's high enough. My doctor said we need to probably consider short term medication to get it back down. But this weekend, I took it twice and it was down to 129/88, so I'm hoping even though it's still high, that my body is starting to regulate itself again. You'll never guess what has brought it down. Any guesses?

I put a new picture of our princess in my siggy. We are so blessed. I am just an awe of her.

Hope everyone has a great week!

June 14th, 2010, 07:29 PM
daisygarten's Avatar Jenn ~ Mom of 3+2
What did it Mari? Cliffhanger!

Lenore- Thanks for the vote of confidence... our school is so hot I can barely more, I may have to take my leave early. And your friend's new twins... what a painful recovery, owie!

Becky- I know what you mean about not wanting to leave Mark with anyone! I wish my mom lived closer and was retired. We picked a lady months ago and I am still stressed at the thought of passing him along every day and he's not even here yet

Sam- Hope your resting up while SILs there-- don't forget to put her to work. IMHO folding baby clothes is only fun the first time!

I'm packing up my classroom tomorrow, then taking Wednesday off, maybe Thursday, and hope to make it to work on Friday... then I'm off!

June 15th, 2010, 12:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
She's beautiful Mari! Did you crochet the outfit yourself?

Becky hope the final decision on childcare is not too tough. It will be hard to leave little Mark for sure, but at least you will feel confident that you have researched and chosen the best care for him .

Cute pic Lara - babies look so different once they start to get teeth!

So glad you're nearly off work Jenn, especially with the heat getting to you!

again Sam.

AFM, Layla had her 2 month needles this morning. It's such a pull on the heartstrings to hear that pained cry, but I try to remind myself that I would prefer this over her actually catching something nasty and having many more needles in hospital instead. She's been grouchy all day so we've had lots of cuddle time and I gave her some infant panadol earlier and will try to hold out on the next dose and give it to her before bedtime if it looks like she needs it. She is currently sleeping in her bassinette for the first time today.

Anyway better keep going as the boys are playing play doh so it will probably end up all over the floor if I don't go to supervise soon! Have a great day/night everyone.

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
June 15th, 2010, 03:10 PM
Lara - she is such a cutie!!! I just love her smiles & those teeth are just too cute. of course, that's with her not trying to bite me with them.

Mari - your DD is so adorable!!! And I want to know too, did you crochet the outfit yourself?

Jenn - we really don't live far from each other, so I know these hot temps lately have got to be driving you nuts. I'm glad you don't have much longer.

Lenore - big huggies to Layla. Marks needles are on July 2nd (his 2 month visit) and I'm already dreading it. I'm so happy DH is taking off work to go with me to this appt. I hope your boys didn't get the playdough into too many things.

AFM - we interviewed a 2nd daycare option today and I wasn't that impressed. So they're crossed off our list, and we hope to interview at least 1 more this week. The 1st one we visited was really nice, and we know we'd be happy with her. We just wanted to interview a few others, just to make sure. Hopefully these next few will be worth considering too, as today's wasn't all that nice. Icky neighborhood, and the daycare part of the house was in a musty, moldy smelly basement. That was my 1st impression, and it just got worse from there. 7 small kids in front of a tv set, and 2 ganging up on a 3rd and hitting her with the lady not saying a word to any of them. 2 others sharing a crib, and let's not forget the 2 scruffy looking men sitting on the front porch talking with the hubby. Needless to say, that one is crossed off our list.

June 15th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Becky, oh my. Makes me cringe. When do you go back? I thought you took 12 weeks, but I could be wrong. Hopefully you like the next one and at least have a choice between the two.

No I didn't make her outfit and hat, I wish I was that talented. A friend of my Grandma's made it. She wanted a Great-Granddaughter so bad (she had 4 sons) and she ended up with 9 grandsons. So she makes pink things for fun.

Jenn, my secret. Really you want to know? I'm almost embarrassed to type this. It was sex. Yep, 3 times in 2 days apparently cures high blood pressure . It dropped the top number by 15 points and the bottom number by 5 points. So much better than drugs, plus I have an extremely happy and grateful hubby . I'm hoping it stays lower now. Confession ended.

June 15th, 2010, 07:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Mari sex was actually my one and only guess!!! Though I wasn't going to say it cause I have absolutely no experience in high blood pressure and what helps bring it down - you must be getting rid of all your stress!!

Becky that daycare option sounds terrible. How many children are they allowed to look after? Official family daycarers here have a maximum number of children they are allowed to look after, plus they have to have a certain standard of safety in the house which is checked, right no. of cribs etc. It sounds like the place you visited surely breaches some sort of standard of care with that many children, two in the same crib etc. I am so glad you have at least seen one option that you liked.

June 15th, 2010, 07:51 PM
Mari - that's too funny! But if it works, that's a wonderful "medicine" to keep those numbers down.

Lenore - The daycare centers are not supposed to be like this, and I forgot to tell you ladies the "fun" that I got to have when I notified her at the end of the interview that I worked for the county government, including the fact that I had worked for the very department that licenses her to operate her daycare and that was where I was heading after the interview. She got the deer in the headlights look and tried to explain that she was in the process of updating a few things as she put it. I did make a complaint while I was there. I'd was meeting some of my former coworkers for lunch and for them to see Mark, so I was telling the daycare lady the truth. But after seeing those violations, I felt I also had to issue a formal complaint too. Hopefully they'll do something about her. She is licensed to have up to 12 children, but is also supposed to have 2 other adults with her at all times to assist with the children. There were not other adults, she said they were both out unexpectedly. I doubt that they even existed. Like I said, we won't be using her at all and I just hope we have better luck with the next ones we interview.

June 15th, 2010, 09:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Becky ~ Hope you find a place that is a great fit for Mark. I am not sure how it is in MD, but I know NC day care stuff pretty well since I have all these early childhood professional in my family and with babies I know that the ratio is one care giver to five babies. Katie was lucky because once she moved to NC, she had five caregivers to one baby.

Mari ~ Glad the sex cured the BP issues.

Lenore ~ Hugs to Layla. Katie doesn't have to have any more needles until her first birthday so I have a few more months before Katie and I have another session of mommy/daughter tear time.

Lara ~ Savannah is gorgeous.

Jenn ~ Hope you have found ways to beat the heat.

Sam~ Sorry for your loss.

AFM~ Work is going well. I can't get photobucket to upload photos so I have not been able to share the new ones I have taken of Katie.

June 16th, 2010, 08:08 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Lara- love the toothy pics!

Becky- Wow- that daycare should definitely at least be investigated! I do kind of envy you on your choices though. I had CJ's set by the time I was 7 months pregnant, I'm still on the waiting list for 2. The only reason we got in the one we did is the owner is an old family friend of DH's and we got bumped up on the waiting list.
Hope you find a good daycare situation soon!

Mari- hehe- I thought that was gonna be your answer. And love the outfit!

Beth- so glad work is going well!!

Lenore- poor baby! Hate shot time!

AFM- Going to FIL's this weekend- should be so much fun! Only high point is I get to take CJ swimming!
Getting excited about going on vacation in two weeks! Plus will be starting CJ on solids then. We are doing Baby Led Weaning with him, and he is definitely showing signs of being ready! I can't decide if his first food will be chunks of sweet potato, avocado, or green beans. Although I'm sure that week he will also get a little bite of fish!

June 16th, 2010, 09:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sam~ If I thought I had to go to FILs this weekend (even if we were closer than 12 hours away), I think I would tell DH that Katie and I had something extremely contagious and extremely rare like a 24 hr. dontwannaseethebwipe bug.

Okay, I finally got a pic of Katie to upload by going to my sister's and using her computer. She is with her birthday buddy, Rachel, who turned 13 the day after Katie was born. This was taken at my mom's birthday.

Last edited by MomtoKatieB; June 16th, 2010 at 10:54 AM.
June 16th, 2010, 07:35 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ladies!

Love the bp cure, I'll have to mention that one to my internist in September, he'll love it!

Read them all, but too far down to reply to all!

AFM-today was Nolan's last day of preschool for the year. He'll be in the same class in July for two weeks of summer camp, just half days for two weeks. He needs the exposure to help with his speech issues. This weekend dh is off on a boys' fishing weekend, and the kids and I are packing up the trailer and going camping with my OR crew-should be fun! I have a babysitter coming out with me on Saturday to help out. I have to figure out how to keep my two crawlers from eating cig butts and Spitz, and keep E out of the firepit-fun! I love woodsy camping with crawlers-not!

Lucky mother to five!

June 17th, 2010, 03:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What a cutie Beth! And I love the outfit - I love bright colours on girls and love to see other colours mixed in with the pink!

Sam my SIL did baby led weaning with her dd (who is almost 1 now). Until then I had never even heard of it. I need to look into it more as it sounded like an interesting concept. Though the only thing I did wonder about with their dd was the 'until one food is for fun' concept (ie. she's just given food randomly to taste and not as routine), in that eventually they found her waking a lot during the night and started to wonder if she was hungry and did then start to feed her more. I'm sure there are many different ways and authors of baby led weaning though so I am interested in it. I just pureed and did the 'standard' things with my boys.

Marie what sort of speech issues does Nolan have? You are amazing taking all your little ones camping on your own (well mostly on your own!).

Becky, that daycare lady would have absolutely freaked when you told her where you worked/have worked. But really, if she thought she was meeting standards of care, she wouldn't have worried would she and I'm glad you reported it.

AFM, Layla seems to have recovered pretty well from the needles. A bit grizzly for a couple of days but that's about it. Fingers crossed, her night time bath/bedtime routine is starting to become something she 'gets'.... the last 4 nights she's cried a bit but just from tiredness I think and I've only had to go in a couple of times to soothe her (I don't do CIO - I'm a softie!), and tonight - for the first time I walked out and didn't have to go back in - small victories !!! (She did have her paci though - she doesn't like it much but when she's overtired it really helps her).

The rest of the household has coughs and colds so we're hermits at home. Hoping to get the boys better in time to go to their friend's 5th birthday party on Sunday!

Last edited by mum74; June 17th, 2010 at 03:34 AM.
June 17th, 2010, 07:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Girls! I did actually read all the posts, but am not going to be able to comment on all of them. I can say however, that I guessed how Mari got her BP down (but didn't think she was able to do that yet ), I'm loving all of the pics, can't believe that Marie is going camping with her bunch (but glad she's going to have help), congrats to Beth on her job, I'm sorry for Sam's losses, glad a routine is getting in place with Lenore (I too hate the shots...makes me cry too), and way to go Becky...glad you reported them. I'm super sorry because I'm sure I've missed somebody.

AFM, another busy day with mom (me too for that matter). Can't remember if I'd mentioned this, but mom was in the hospital again last week...3 times in a month. I'm seeing the doc today as well....even tho I'm on BCP I'm getting AF every two weeks. I thought I was supposed to be getting straightened out hormonally, not getting worse. The 2nd week of my bill cycle, like clockwork, each BCP cycle it's been getting worse....like this last week+, I've been on AF for 9 days when she's not even supposed to be here! Wouldn't it be funny if the doc said something like, "oh, you're pg and your body is trying to tell you something"? Jaylen's doing great...she's getting her second tooth in (both bottoms) and I can't believe she's going to be 6 months next week. Well, that's all I've got time for. Love and Hugs to all of you!

June 17th, 2010, 07:04 PM
daisygarten's Avatar Jenn ~ Mom of 3+2
Mari--thx for shringyour bp breakthru! do you think the same activity would bring on labor??

one more day of school and I am wiped out... my 5yo rubbed my feet while my 10yo did my shoulders, nice... now its time for the 1st of my 6 one hour naps in between bathroom runs

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search