Updates!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 19th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We all know what to do

This week has been crazy around here. On Thursday, I took Mark (he's 3) into the ER for a fever of 105.5. Scary high. He was losing conciousness, so not good. We were able to get it down and he's doing fine now. He had something called fifths disease. It's really nothing serious, they get a facial rash and a low temp. I guess he's an overachiever He had an ear infection and a terrible sore throat so he's on antibiodics. Of course in our house it's going to spread. Nathan got it as well today and has a fever of 105.3. Terrific. I took him in today because he was pulling on his ears but no infection. My doctor said he sure could get one because he has fluid in there, but just to call and she would give us another prescription. We had Nathan weighted and at 15 months, finally hit 20 lbs. He's a peanut.

Lila has started tracking and following things with her eyes! It's a huge thing for her. We feel so relieved. She hasn't smiled yet and is 2 months, but we are hoping that's just around the corner. Otherwise she is well.

I've had spotting the last couple of days, so I'm not sure what my body is trying to do, if anything. My BP is still a little on the high side, still hoping it comes down a little more. Today is was 124/85. Just a little high, but not like it was.

HOpe everyone is well and having a good week!

July 19th, 2010, 09:14 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh Mari, I was just wondering about little Lila, glad you updated. Ugg, 5ths disease, hope it passes quickly and misses at least 2/3 of the kids.

I've been cooking and baking like a mad woman, some sort of manic cheffing thing I guess. Tonight I made baked donuts, didn't turn out that great, but taste yummy enough. Tomorrow we're leaving for potentially a month of camping-back on the 19th of Aug for our wedding validation on the 23rd. I have my dress fitting tomorrow and it looks like we're leaving in the evening or next morning. Lots of lakeside camping, a road trip to Manitoba for a family reunion, then back home for more lake camping with friends, then a week to ourselves before the wedding, likely local camping. We're excited to get out of here, there's so much stress with both works, the yard, finances-we need to go sit by a lake and eat marshmallows and hotdogs! Dh's birthday is on the 22nd and my 37th is on July 29th!! I love my birthday, though with the wedding, two mortgages and four kids, it could be sparse this year, lol! Oh well
July 20th, 2010, 04:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Mari, definitely hope that the 5th disease misses the rest of the children and the ones who are feeling yucky get better really soon.

Marie, sounds like you have a busy month ahead of you. Have fun with the camping and we want pics of the kids doing stuff on vacation when you get back and things settle down.

I will update later. I have to be at work in less than an hour and time slipped away from me reading posts.

July 20th, 2010, 06:25 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Mari- YUK on 5ths disease. I've heard it can be a bear to get through. But super yay for Lila!! I'm sure smiles are just around the corner. I was wondering before if CJ would ever smile and laugh- now that is all he does!

Marie- have fun camping- so jealous of all the camping you are getting to do this summer. I got the week in MN, but here it's way to hot to even go for a weekend trip.
Can't wait to see pictures from the wedding- that is awesome you guys are doing that!

AFM- nothing really. First cycle is a bust, but it does mean my chiro can do films, so he will be happy. We are doing CJ's 6 month professional pics tomorrow, and may slide in a family pic too. His unprofessional 6 month pics are up on FB.
We are still working on introducing solids- just not a lot of interest- I think it's having something in his mouth- he's not sure what to do with it yet. He sucked on a banana through the mesh feeder, but when he tried a little in his mouth- he acted like he was going to choke- and it was on his tongue. I think he is going to be a late bloomer for solid food which is just fine with me.

July 20th, 2010, 06:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ah, what a night. The remaining kiddos came down with it over night. Travis, our two year old, threw up over everything from a high fever. I cleaned it and him up the best I could at 3 am and will have to finish this morning. Time for more steam cleaning. We are hoping Lila doesn't get it, 105 can be pretty dangerous for her. Our littlest boy, who is 15 months, has had a hard time with it. So have the others, I guess I just worry about her because she's so little.

I'm off to clean up puke and hope I don't find more

Have a great day!

July 23rd, 2010, 02:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Mari, hoping Lila doesn't get it and that all your others recover quickly. Having even one vomiting is hard, let alone all of yours!

Marie, wow a month camping - enjoy! What a great time your kids must have .

Sam - Boo on the bfn. You'll have to post a pic of CJ trying some food!

Beth I'll reply to you on your other post .

AFM, not much happening... tired this week. Up a fair bit at night to Layla and the boys waking a bit as well. But it's Friday night now, all 3 kids in bed so looking forward to the weekend!

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
July 23rd, 2010, 06:00 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Just a little update- We are crawling!!! Posted a video on FB last night. He made it all the way across his room- sis it a couple of times!
Guess I'm in for it now!

July 23rd, 2010, 04:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh wow! I bet he looks so tiny to be getting around!!

July 24th, 2010, 01:31 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mari - hope everyone is feeling better now. big huggies!!!!

Marie - sounds like fun & another busy time for you. Can't wait to see some pics of all that's going on!!!

Sam - yay for crawling. I'll check out that video on FB.

Lenore - I hope you're having a good weekend and are less tired now.

With us, we're doing good, just been so busy lately. Actually had some time to get online today, and this will be the last post to check as Mark is waking up now. I know he'll be starving, as he's eating so much lately. I do have some new & really cute pics and will upload to share soon. I'll jump back on when I get another chance. Take care everyone!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
July 26th, 2010, 08:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Becky - good to 'see' you! I noticed you hadn't been around so that I'm glad you're just busy and that no one's sick or anything .

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search