Week of 8/1-8/7

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 2nd, 2010, 07:13 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
you know the drill!

CJ has really gotten mobile in the last week. He still isn't up on his knees crawling- but he is constantly on the move!! ANd the best thing- he has started giving me hugs!! Absolutely the best!
I am going to the new thyroid doc tomorrow, she has a great reputation for looking at everything and trying different medications. So I'm hoping she can really get me straightened out on that front.

Oh SIL got Dh and I some revenge this weekend. Back story- a couple of years ago, we needed DH's ex to sign an affidavit that stated he upheld his obligations from the divorce- we were doing the loan to remodel the house and the underwriters decided they wanted it. DH found a bunch of old school stuff and photos that belonged to her, and emailed her that he needed her to sign this, and we could meet her at a bank and that he also had this stuff for her. Trying to make it not so bad on her. (otherwise we were going to have to have her served with papers that required her to show up to court to do it)
Anyway, her answer was that she would sign, but she wanted their old artificial Xmas tree, the play station and the metal sun off the back of the house, then she would sign, but also refused to meet us to sign it, we had to mail her a copy then come to her house with the stuff to exchange it.
We agreed- to everything but the sun( I mean really it's three stories off the ground and would most likely disintegrate if you touched it) But because hse was so demanding about it, we did give the tree a bath in catnip spray first.

When we dropped it off, we both refused to go inside, just gave her boyfriend the stuff, got the paperwork and left.

The next day we got this HUGE email about how it was too bad that we didn't come in the house, which of course described the house in full detail (like we cared) and that she really wanted to see my ring
But the kicker was about how if we thought it was weird that there was a child in the house (she has the maternal instinct of a rock), but her Step daughter (umm you aren't married) spends a lot of time with them, and she knows how much I wanted children, that it really was too bad that I couldn't come in and meet hers.
This was right after our first miscarriage. So needless it really po'd both DH and I.
But over the weekend SIL had her class reunion the ex was in her class, and she was able to slip in a picture of CJ, and a whole little speech about how happy DH was. The EX is the type that this will eat at her for a long, long time.

wow that ended up being along.

August 2nd, 2010, 09:27 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
wow Sam...congrats on CJ scooting and hugging & the ex situation. I firmly believe being happy is the best revenge

AFM...Savannah can scoot backwards across the room (it's kind of funny to watch since usually she wants to go forward so she gets frustrated but this weekend she figured out how to go backwards and turn in circle so after a LOT of scooting she generally can end up where she wanted to be...if backwards...) and she's now up and rocking on her knees so I suspect she'll be crawling really soon. BEWARE CAT! She's so obsessed with our cat, and he's equally obsessed with her but loves to taunt her staying just out of her reach. I have warned him paybacks are hell and when she can crawl after him he's SOL

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
August 2nd, 2010, 02:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sam that is so funny that she refused to meet you elsewhere, obviously because she wanted to rub your face in meeting 'her child', and then you refused to go into the house anyway! Oh and I'm just being nosy now, so please feel free not to answer... Obviously you are ttc #2 on your own (saw the post about O and POS )...I thought CJ was an IUI or IVF baby, so are you just going to see what happens for a bit? (Thinking back I think you conceived your first on your own? Well, along with dh that is but you know what I mean...)

So cute that Savannah is nearly crawling Lara - love your siggy pic too - the colours in her outfit are beautiful and bright!

AFM, Layla laughed for the first time a couple of days ago! She laughed again yesterday but dh is yet to hear it. You should see him now trying SOOO hard to get that laugh now that he knows she can!! He's used to being the one the babies laugh at more, so I was quietly feeling pretty special that I got the first laugh .

I was able to feed her and get her to sleep on the weekend then left her with dh while I took the boys to an indoor, heated pool. I'm b'feeding so generally she's always with me and I like that, but just to get out with the boys and spend some time in the pool with them was wonderful. I plan to try to do it every weekend if the timing works out with Layla.

Hope everyone's having a great week!

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
August 3rd, 2010, 03:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sam~ Congrats on CJ scooting. Glad that SIL was able to 'share' your joy with your DH's ex. I mean doesn't everyone want to know about happy, happy people, right???
Lara~ Congrats to Savannah on almost crawling.

Lenore~ Hope your DH gets to her Layla laugh soon. A baby's laughter is one of the most beautiful sounds in the world. Also glad that things worked out so that the boys could go to the pool and have time with you while Layla and her dad got quality time together as well.

AFM~ I am working every day. DH is job hunting five days a week. Katie is growing like everything and learns new skills every day. I was in the floor with her last night and she managed to stand up using my head as a prop to lean against until she got to an upright position and was able to grab onto the couch. She manages to stand for a moment or two before going back down on her bottom, but I know that one day soon, she will take off running and then the run will really begin for all of us.
Hope everyone has a wonderful week.

Last edited by MomtoKatieB; August 3rd, 2010 at 03:55 AM. Reason: wrong emoticon
August 3rd, 2010, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mum74 View Post
I thought CJ was an IUI or IVF baby, so are you just going to see what happens for a bit? (Thinking back I think you conceived your first on your own? Well, along with dh that is but you know what I mean...)
CJ was an IUI baby. We did IUI just to hurry things along because of our age. But we had gotten pregnant 3 times within the year before that just didn't stay pregnant. Giving this go around 6 months with just trying ourselves, then we wil go back to the RE.
And yea! for getting out of the house!!!

Beth- CJ has a fascination with the cats too. Luckily my oldest is so laid back he will let him pull on him and just lays there and purrs. I just have to watch for cat hair going int he mouth!

OK- I gotta have a talk with my mother about texting appropriateness.
My uncle passed away last night. (I've only seen him like 3-4 times my entire life, and maybe talked to him a dozen times on the phone)
Anyway- once again I get this news via a text. Same when my great uncle passed away- she sent me a text. I'm all for her new found love of texting but come on- there are somethings that actually calling someone is better.
This is a conversation you would think you would have with a teenager, not a 66 year old woman!!

August 5th, 2010, 06:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sam ~ Sorry to hear about your uncle. I am fortunate that my mother couldn't text if her life depended on it so she delivers the news via phone.

AFM~ Drum Roll. . . . Mike has a job!!!!!! He goes in for the drug test and to fill out the paperwork tomorrow so we know that he has the job and is just doing the final formalities. Finally, we will be able to have more money going into the account than is coming out. We had almost used up that nest egg we had saved prior to moving so I am really, really relieved.

August 5th, 2010, 10:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations to Mike Beth! That is wonderful news and I can imagine what a relief it must be. Did he end up finding something that doesn't require him to be too far from home?

Hoping you won't need the RE Sam! Along the same vein as inappropriate texting, my mother passed on news of my great uncle's passing (he made it to 100 ) and another great aunt passing via email and I also thought a phone call would have been better. But she doesn't like emotional conversations so I know that's why she does it!

Beautiful day here today - cool enough for jumpers inside but lovely in the sun. We went out for a walk down to the parks by the beach. The only downside was the walk home when my 5yo decided he was too tired (it is quite a long walk) - so he had a big cry. When we got closer to home my 3yo said he would walk so they swapped.... I had visions of doing this more often like I used to but with only 2 fitting in the pram I might have to wait a bit longer!

Layla (3.5mths) with dh.

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!

Last edited by mum74; August 5th, 2010 at 10:55 PM. Reason: to add a pic
August 6th, 2010, 08:35 AM
MIKE!!!!
Woo-Hoo!! I'm sure you are feeling a lot better Beth!!

Lenore- two cute with the 3 year old letting his brother ride!! Jealous of the cool weather too! It' s stupidly hot here still.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search