Week of 8/8 -8/14

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 9th, 2010, 06:35 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Same drill!!

I officially have a 7 mo old baby!! Yesterday was his & month birthday. His monthly pictures turned out pretty cute so as soon I get them off the camera I will post one. Also apperently diong purreed baby food for a couple of weeks has helped the gagging issue. Over the weekend he went to town on solids. He ate broccoli, pancakes and his little biscuits.
Other than that, not much going on here!

August 9th, 2010, 06:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sam, where does the time go?! Yeah for CJ eating solids, I bet he loves them. I'm watching your ovulation ticker, I'll be stalking you

As for here, super busy! Yesterday we froze 40 quarts of yummy sweet corn for winter. It took us all day to husk, cut, and cook it. Plus we had lots of little helpers, which make it take longer as you all know, but they need to learn it and help out. We also had to move our "girls" as we call them (they are chicks that will be egg layers come Thanksgiving) out into their big girl house and pasture. We raise our animals out on pasture, so it's more work for us, but we have happy, healthy animals. We don't do any containment farming. This morning Andy and I were up at 4 am to load meat chickens to haul to the butcher, I pick them up at noon today, we had 65 of them. So our freezers are getting stocked for winter. Andy was off to work this morning, but is working about an hour from home, so he'll be home for dinner. I love him not being out of town!

We made a big decision last week to have no more travel. We know that means he will be laid off (more than likely) this winter. Back to no income. Fun, fun! But....it's just not good to have him gone. He hates being gone and the kids and I don't like it either. We will be starting up our plumbing shop and praying our tushies off that we can make a living off of it. Between our farming and plumbing we hope to make a living out here in the boonedocks.

On a side note. I was going downstairs with Lila last night and Andy made a comment about wanting to give her a little brother or sister . I'm still nursing so it will be a little while, but I love to hear him talk about having another one, God willing of course. We will follow His path, we just hope it includes another little one. Our house is fastly shrinking, but we know He will provide and take care of us.

Blessings to you all and hope everyone has a great week!

August 10th, 2010, 04:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Happy 7 months CJ!

Mari I don't know how you do all that you do!! I mean my parents are farmers so I know how much work goes into it, but they had 4 kids not 8 !! AND, my Dad made his living off the land, whereas you guys do all that and then your dh goes to work elsewhere too. What a wonderful way for your kiddos to grow up though. I wouldn't change my upbringing for the world.

I hope that something works out with your dh's job so he can stay closer to home. I can understand though how hard it must be to have him away so often.

AFM, it's been a beautiful, rainy day here. I'm dealing with a nasty blister from breastfeeding that makes me cringe every time I put Layla to that side. Thankfully I only feed one side per feed so that side does get a break, but last time I had a blister it just took so long to heal. Otherwise she is feeding well, not sleeping well but such a gorgeous girl that I'm coping pretty well . She is gurgling so much now and expresses herself with 'shouts' - I love love love the beginnings of communication .

Good night all!

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
August 10th, 2010, 03:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
First off, Sam, hope someone got a life and has stopped lurking/stalking on here. Yes, I saw on FB and in your PR. She needs to leave you alone.

Mari ~ Yay! on you all considering adding to your family in the future. Hope your business works out so that Andy can stay closer to home.

Lenore ~ I love hearing the first communication as well.

Sam ~ Yay! on C J 's 7 month birthday and his eating solids.

AFM ~ Mike started work today. Katie is working up her nerve to try a first step without holding on to something. She stands without holding on for a few seconds then grabs back onto the couch or chair or whatever she is next to. When she starts running (because I know she won't walk from step one), I am going to be in a heap of trouble.

August 10th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Well Beth saw it, but in case anyone else missed it I officially have a cyber stalker! DH's ex wife! She got onto JM pulled a bunch of my posts, and pretended or had her SIL email them to her (her maiden name was all over the files) and sent them to DH trying to stir crap up. Didn't work just proved she really is a troll.

Mari- Wow Mari! Lots going on- change in employment and thinking of another baby!!
Lenore- Hope your owie heals soon!
Beth- yay for Mike going to work!!!!!!

August 10th, 2010, 05:39 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay for growing babies, and full freezers! Boo on blisters and psycho exes.
Quick update for me, we're on week three of camping, I haven't been on the computer for weeks, just a quick update tonight. We'll be home on the 17th!!

Lucky mother to five!

August 11th, 2010, 05:05 AM
CaseyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to CaseyM
Good morning ladies....sorry I've been MIA, but it's just been hectic around here....Working, cleaning, changing things around...not enough time in the day....DH is still working (yeah!!!!) and they are trying to make him a permanent full timer (he's temp to hire now). He said that when they do, we can start making the appts for the FET...YEAH!!!!
As for Matt...he turned 9 mos yesterday. He's getting sooooo big. He's very vocal and I swear he tries to say Bless You when you sneeze. Every time he sneezes, I make a point of saying it to him and the other day when I sneezed, he looked at me and garbled something then the same thing when I sneezes and second and third time....so cute.
I took him for his first haircut yesterday. The bangs were getting too long and almost in his eyes. I posted the pics to FB, but haven't uploaded yet to put on here. Try to do that later. We also decided to make the computer room into his playroom, so I'm in the process of cleaning that and then repainting it with Mickey!!! His 9 mo appt is Friday, so I'll post info when I get a chance....I have 3 family birthday parties to attend this weekend and then another next Wed....love August! Have a good one!

Love to share pics on my facebook....

casey cochran melanson
August 11th, 2010, 06:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh my goodness Sam!
Marie, welcome back!
Casey, good to hear from you and congrats on another FET in the future!
Beth, yeah for DH and a job!

August 11th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Yay Casey! So excited for you!!

August 12th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
A big hello to your newest member! (Sam's cyber stalker that is )

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
August 13th, 2010, 06:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Just lurking tonight ladies. The photo lab supervisor injured her ankle last week so I am working this weekend instead of having it off. Of course, I am getting like twice the number of hours I was scheduled for which is really nice because the difference between 17 and 34 is a lot. I am tired because I am fluctuating between 4p-9p and 8a-4p (ie. night shift, day shift, night shift, day shift. . . you all get the idea) and with Mike not getting home from work until midnight, I am only seeing him in passing. Katie is giggling like everything but I think that is because she knows she has everyone wrapped around those cute little fingers of hers.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search