Weekly Updates - 08/29 - 09/04

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 30th, 2010, 07:29 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Guess I can start this off for the week.

I hope you all had a good weekend. Ours was busy, but good. I'll be back on a little later, as I just realized the time and have a meeting to run to. Oops.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
August 30th, 2010, 09:35 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
LOL Becky!! Glad you are back!
Hope this week is better than last! CJ ended up getting Fifths Disease (Hand Foot Mouth) and it caused tonsillitis on top of it! So I ended up being out with him on Thursday afternoon and Friday. He's pretty much over it now. But there were a lot of popsicles and frozen lemonade over the weekend to soothe his throat!
Otherwise this looks to be a average week, nothing going on.

August 30th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad CJ's better now

Not much new here, Nolan has his first hour of preschool tomorrow morning

Lucky mother to five!

August 31st, 2010, 06:08 AM
I'm glad to be back too, even though I still don't have as much time as I'd like for JM. Hopefully it'll get better as I get back into a routine.

Sam - Glad CJ is feeling better. I've heard of Fifth's Disease, but don't know much about it. Glad he recovered quickly.

Marie - Yay for Nolan starting pre-school. Is he excited about going? Will it just be an hour each day, or get longer? Where my brother lives (southwestern VA) they actually have all day pre-school. My niece, Britni loved it!! and I LOVE the new siggy pic!!

I have a busy afternoon here at work unless one of my meetings get rescheduled, but this morning I should be able to get caught up on a few things & enjoy my morning tea. My coworker did pretty good keeping up with things while I was gone, which made it easier for me. There are just a few things that need to be handled, and that'll take me a few weeks and then it should be back to normal around here. Mark is adjusting wonderful to daycare. He seems to really like Kim & loves being around the other kids. Kim also scrapbooks so she's been taking lots of pictures and sharing those with me too, so once i have time I can add all these to his scrapbook. Speaking of his scrapbook, here's a couple of pages I've done so far that I've taken pics of. I'm so far behind on scrapbooking, and hope to get caught up on that at some point.

title page of his album - he was one week old in these pics.

This is actually a 2 page layout of the first month, but I must not have taken a pic of the other page. Also didn't realize how blurry this is as it's taken with the cell phone. When I have a chance I'll retake with regular camera.

And for a more recent pic - here's our happy happy baby - taken a couple of weeks ago. I still need to upload some more pics to photobucket.

So what all is everyone up to today? Anything fun going on? Weather wise, we are hot, hot, & hot so I may skip my lunchtime walk.

September 1st, 2010, 07:12 AM
What? I come back and everyone else decides to get all quiet on me?

Where is everyone? I hope you are all are enjoying time with your families, and can't wait to hear updates and of course see some pics.

September 1st, 2010, 09:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Haha Becky. It's pretty slow in here.

AFM, today I'm canning 80 lbs of pears. Woo-hoo! I love to can. The kiddos are all helping. Some on the counter, Lila in the sling. I have to make sure no one gets burned....that's tricky. I just sent the 8 year old out with the little ones and I'm waiting for the waterbath to be done. So I snuck a minute.

Everyone here is doing well, and healthy! We are so thankful. Lila is doing wonderful. I will have to upload a new picture of her smiling. You know how long I waited to finally see that toothless grin. She's adorable. She's nursing like a pro, so still no return of my cycle, so thats good and bad. Good because I'm not dealing with AF, bad because we want another one. But....all in His time. Nathan at 16 months is now a full fledged walker. He is just so precious. I could go on and on, so I'll stop!

We have some friends who had a miscarriage last night, at 12 weeks. I feel so bad for them. It would have been number 2. They tried for 3 years for number 1 and had to use fertility treatments and now were expecting number 2 after also having treatments. It's such an emotional rollar coaster for them, like everyone else. Anyway, they are not taking phone calls. So I'm thinking I might put together a care basket and take over for them and just leave on their steps for them. I don't want to disturb them, but want them to know I care. Any other suggestions? We really don't have the money to send flowers, but I want to do something. Ideas?

September 1st, 2010, 02:26 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh Mari, how terrible for your friends-we had our first lost at 12 weeks, after 2 years ttc and with treatment-it was devastating. I think a basket with a little note saying that you're thinking about them would be perfect

Lucky mother to five!

September 3rd, 2010, 08:26 AM
Mari - I too think the basket is a lovely idea. and yay for getting those wonderful grins. I look forward to seeing her.

September 3rd, 2010, 08:30 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
I agree the basket is a nice idea. It's really sweet that you want to do something. I know when I had my first m/c- I felt pretty much alone- a lot of friends and family seemed to think it was taboo to talk about pregnancy loss (then I found JM).

I'm so happy it's FRIDAY!! and a three day weekend. Although I will be taking work home it will be nice to get out of the office!! Planning on taking CJ's 8 month pics this weekend too, so hopefully can get one up here to share!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search