Weekly Updates 9-4-9-11

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 7th, 2010, 05:52 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Whats up ladies????

Not much here, had a horrible allergy weekend, so still in a fog this morning.

CJ is going to be 8 months old tomorrow! My little baby is getting so big! he's pulling himself up and walking around furniture! DH is betting that by Halloween he is waking!

September 7th, 2010, 06:11 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry you had bad allergies to deal with this weekend, Sam. I know how horrible those can make you feel. Since you may not want to always take the meds, I would use these shower soothers and they were good. I haven't tried the lavender ones yet. I shower before I went to bed, and it really helped me get a good night's sleep. Yes your little baby is growing up. Hugs!! I attempted solids with Mark this weekend, and almost felt like crying. They grow up so fast.

I don't have much else going on beyond the typical work & home. I did get some cute pics of Mark's expression when we tried rice cereal this weekend, but forgot to bring the camera card with me so I could upload them. It was so funny. He is such a happy baby and likes to smile & laugh all the time with us, so he kept going back and forth between giving us this yucky look (complete with him sticking his tongue out) to smiling at us for just being there with him. It was cute!! We'll try again in a day or so and see how he does then. I do have this pic on my cell phone that we took on Sunday. He smiles so sweetly for the cell phone camera, but it's much harder to catch with the real camera.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
September 7th, 2010, 10:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sam, I've got my fingers crossed fo this cycle for ya. CJ is doing so much for his age! Wow. Our Nathan, who is 17 months, didn't walk until he was 16 months, so CJ seems really early. How fun though!

Becky, so glad to see you back, we missed you! Mark is such a cutie. It will be fun to watch him and Lila grow a little bit together, they are so close in age. I haven't even thought of cereal yet for her, she still seems like a peanut to me.

AFM, still busy canning, canning, canning. I've done over 100 quarts so far and am hoping to do more apples and tomatoes today or tomorrow. We are back schooling, so back to more of routine and trying to can around it. I've been praying a lot today, and it's only 11:30 .
On a side note, we are officially in business for ourselves! So very scary, but excitng as well. Andy is still working for his emloyer, we are doing both right now, but hopefully we can make the transition to our business within a year or so (it's a plumbing business). We are also starting a farming business, which is where my heart lies. We have sold out of eggs for the last couple of months, so we are raising more layers now. We are really excited for both businesses. Obviously, the plumbing pays the bills, but we sure hope the farming catches up.
Lila is almost 4 months and is about 11 1/2 pounds I would guess. She is only about 21 inches, so she's a peanut, like our Nathan. She has moved into 3-6 month clothing. She is smiling upa storm, I'll try for picutes soon.

Hope everyone is well!

September 7th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Mari - good luck on the business front. I hope like you said the farming business takes off - that would be exciting for you!

Cute pic of Mark Becky - nothing better than a happy baby!

Sam, it does sound like CJ will be an early walker! We had two babies in my first son's baby group who walked at 8 months...it just seemed unreal to watch them as they just looked too small to be walking!

AFM, I totally cleaned out, rearranged and LABELLED my fridge yesterday ...another small step in trying to be organised! It looks great and funnily enough looks like there is so much room even though the same amount went back in as came out.

Layla has a paediatric appt today. I don't think I posted about it after her 6 wk checkup as I was determined not to worry myself stupid about it (I didn't even google it which is pretty huge for me!) Anyway she's getting her hips checked as he wasn't quite happy that he couldn't move them as far as he'd like. So we had to go back at 5 months, if he's still not happy she will have an xray and we'll go from there. She's not rolling yet but she's a big babe and also still wears a lot of clothing as we're just moving from winter to spring, so I'm not worried about that (my boys were slow rollers too). So cross your fingers for her Ladies that she won't be needing a spica cast on her hips. I'll update later.

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
September 9th, 2010, 05:55 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sam - it does sound like CJ will be moving onto walking soon. How exciting!!

Mari - starting your own business, Wow, that is exciting too! Good luck with everything and I look forward to hearing all about it. And it will be a lot of fun watching our little ones grow up together. Our children are so close in age. Mark is a lucky boy to be surrounded by 2 gorgeous girls with Layla and Lila.

Lenore - yay for organizing!!! Want to drop a flight over my way and help me out with that? How did Layla's appointment go yesterday? I hope you got good news and that there isn't any problems. I'm obviously a first time Mom here, but I remember from all the other kids I've been around that they all rolled, crawled, walked, stand, etc. at various times. and I would think that when they're bundled up in clothing it would be much harder.

For me, there's not much fun stuff going on. I'm jumping back into things here at work and it's so much busier this week. I guess that's because everyone now knows I'm back. I'm off tomorrow for doctor appointments, but will work full time next week - all 5 days. And keep your fingers crossed for my DH please, he has a job interview coming up. It probably won't be any more money, but it will be right around the corner from my work so that means we can carpool together again and he won't have that 120ish mile round trip commute each day back and forth to work. Yay!!! He's so tired of that drive and we miss each other's company on the drives. My commute is @ 50ish miles round trip each day, and before we had Mark, we would drive together. I'd be at work @ an hour early, but that was fine as it gave me time to get caught up here on JM, have my tea, and relax. I tried to get approval to have the baby here at my office for 30 minutes each day before I would take him over to daycare and they said no. I was upset over that, as no one else is really in the office as it's before work hours, and I would be back before my regular scheduled start time. So since we can't carpool, I leave the house 1/2 hour after DH each morning and then we're traveling home at the exact same time. With this new job, we should be able to go back to carpooling.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
September 9th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Becky how upsetting they wouldn't let you have Mark at the office for half an hour considering it was before work and not impacting on anybody else etc. Good luck for your dh getting a job closer to your work/home. My dh just started a new job this week but it is slightly further away. A good run is taking him an hour so he's happy enough with that.

AFM, No Layla didn't get the news I was hoping for. She had a hip xray on Wednesday and I rang for the results yesterday but the imaging place had only sent the report on to my paed and not the films as well. The receptionist said he didn't want to comment just from the report, he wanted to see the films as well...so whatever that means. I guess it could be either positive or negative. He also thinks she might have asthma as since her hospital stint (about 7 weeks ago now), she has not ever been completely well. Her GP told me she just had a postviral cough (along with snuffles etc) that could hang around for 5/6weeks, but my paed says that is more usual that she would get better, even if she then caught something else and got unwell again a couple of days later. To not get better in between and still be coughing makes him suspect asthma. He feels her airways are fairly clear and are probably just inflamed causing the cough, and that as we're moving into Spring he just wants to take a wait and see approach.

I think at the moment finding out about the hips is the pressing thing, but dh and I are actually more scared at the thought of asthma. I used to work as a data manager for an intensive care unit at a cardio-thoracic hospital and every winter there would be asthma patients in ICU. I know it can also be very mild but I guess I can't help but think of how bad it can be too. I held it together in the paed's office then cried the whole way home. I would have been upset just with the chat we had about the hips, but I wasn't expecting to hear that she might have asthma so I guess that really set me off!

I'm sort of okay now but just worried about her. She's not sleeping well at night, very unsettled with lots of coughing and the coughing then making her vomit. She's been pooing about 3 times during the night for the last 5 nights (when normally she wouldn't poo at night at all, and only wake once a night if that) and a couple of the poos last night were green so I just want to know what is going on with her. I just want to crawl into a hole and ignore the world around me for a while!

Anyway sorry for dumping, I'm just not feeling very happy.

Last edited by mum74; September 9th, 2010 at 02:25 PM.
September 10th, 2010, 06:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hugs Lenore.

I hope you are feeling better today. I read your posts about her hips and wanted to comment a little bit on it. I had dislocated hips when I was born, and it wasn't discovered until I was 4 or 5 months old. PM me if you want and I can chat about it with you if you want. It might not be similar, but it might.

Hugs!

September 10th, 2010, 07:21 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Becky- That is ridiculous that they wont let you have Mark there for 30 minutes! Especially since its before actual scheduled hours.
And I feel for DH, when I lived in MA my commute was 120 round trip each day.

Aww Lenore! Im sorry they think it could be asthma! Hope you get better news soon! Big hugs!!

Mari- good luck on the farming business! It sounds like it may catch up and let DH get out of plumbing! (keep fingers crossed!)

AFM- still stuck here in the 2WW. Nothing to report on that front.
But if you did not see it on FB. CJs report from daycare yesterday- his new favorite activity is waiting by the doors and waiting for them to open then trying to escape! I asked them this morning if it was to the 1 year old room or the door to the front hall- little bugger prefers the door to the hall- but also hits the kitchen and 1 year door if those are the only ones with activity. He gets the biggest kick out of it. Looks like Im in trouble!

September 10th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
the twins had some hip dysplasia, they did u/s every few months and as they got stronger, it resolved. There's a certain degree that is acceptable and eventually they got into that range and it resolved. Hoping its the same for Layla. Also hoping she settles down for you

AFM, Nolan finished his first week of preschool, he loves it My kids are all so easy and laid back, they are a treasure
September 10th, 2010, 10:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks everyone for listening to me wallow! Still don't know the results of the hip xray. The receptionist called from the paed office and she's tracked down the films but they won't get to their office til Monday so won't find anything out til Monday afternoon. But as Marie says, hopefully whatever is going on, it's within the acceptable degree to just have her be monitored. I had her at the doctor this morning as she's been so irritable, still having the dark green poos (still only breastfed so it's the wrong colour for her) and with some mucous and blood in the nappy too. Anyway the doc thinks she has bronchiolitis and that the poos are all tied in with what's going on in her chest and nose.

I can't wait for summer to roll around this year because I just can't wait for her to be 100% well!

Marie yay for Nolan loving preschool!! How many days a week does he go? Our preschool year the kids generally go 2, or 3 days a week for 5.5 hrs. Oliver is in preschool (we also call it kindy) this year and loves it too - he is the eldest child at his kindy because he was only 5 days too young to start school this year.

Sam - CJ sounds like a mischievous boy - he is going to keep you on your toes!

Thanks Mari.. I don't think her hips are dislocated (well he hasn't mentioned that). How are your hips now? I do have some hip trouble but it is very mild and I've never been to a doctor about it, but I suppose this is probably something that has passed on from me unfortunately.

Anyway I don't want to keep hijacking this thread! Hope everyone is enjoying their weekends! I just got home from taking the boys for a swim. Dh stayed home with Layla so she could have a peaceful sleep .

September 11th, 2010, 09:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Lenore, I'm completely fine now, although some would probably question it . But apparently I was a really really grouchy babe and they couldn't find anything wrong with me until my Grandma took me to a different doctor than the one my mom used and figured out I had this. But my Grandma said I cried when the changed my diaper and clothes or when I was held, probably hurt to move those hips. But I'm glad Marie could shed some light on it for you. Sounds like she' s having a tough time, hope she feels better soon.

Marie, yeah for Nolan!

Becky, I can't imagine that long of a commute! Wowsers! I guess that's why hope to make a living off of our place (plumbing and farming). My DH commutes and travels out of town and really dislikes it.

Sam, hoping you get your two lines next week!

September 11th, 2010, 12:17 PM
CaseyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to CaseyM
Hey everyone...just a quick hello while Matt snoozes and the laundry is finishing up....Had to take Matt to the docs again last week because he was soooo stuffy and sneezy and he had a fever and all. Turns out I guess it was just a cold (they said) but then he was nice enough to share it with me. But they weighed him and he had gained 1.5 lbs in 3 weeks (since his 9mo appt). So my little tub-o-lard is getting big. But we are almost back to healthy states except for the teething. I think his other 2 bottoms are coming in because he is drooling more than he's drinking. We are slowing starting solid foods. He had some carrots and green beans, banana and some toast at my sister's yesterday and some eggs with me this morning. But I'm still trying to get him to eat some of the baby foods as he isn't drinking a lot of formula right now and he needs the liquids. (main ingredient in most baby foods is water.) I'm gonna try some juices, but he just isn't a drinker (just like me). He turned 10 mo yesterday. We are in the process of planning the birthday party and right now our guest list is up to about 40 and that's just family and immediate friends. But that also includes a lot of kids....Where to put them all.....hehehe

Hope everyone has a good weekend...laundry done, gotta go!

Love to share pics on my facebook....

casey cochran melanson
September 11th, 2010, 11:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Casey, Glad that he's getting better - it is just not fun to hear them miserable when they are sick. Exciting to be planning the big 1st birthday party!!

September 12th, 2010, 09:43 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
alot of hip issues are from the way baby lies in utero, breech babies are terrible for having hip dysplasia--Theo was breech and that's why they started looking in the first place. If they hear a hip click when the check baby's hips, then they start doing xray or u/s. Could be genetic, but usually positional. The old teaching was to double cloth diaper to keep babies legs open for the muscles to tighten, but wait and see what the ped says

Nolan is in preschool-here they can start preK at 3 and if they're PT'd, they can do it for two years, then start Kindy at 5. This is his 2nd year of preK and he goes four afternoons a week for 2.5 hours-he loves it!
September 12th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi everyone! Just popping in to say that Katie and I are still alive. . . I am just working insane hours (but what else is new). I am working roughly 42 hours a week with some weeks being an hour or two more and some being an hour or two less so I am pretty exhausted.

Mari ~ Hope the farming business goes well.

Lenore~ Hope the news you get Monday pm is good.

Casey ~ Can't believe Matthew is almost a year old already and Katie isn't far behind him.

Becky~ Hate that they won't let Mark stay with you before hours.

Marie ~ Love the siggy pic.

Sam ~ Keeping crossables crossed

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search