Weekly updates 12th to 18th Sep

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 13th, 2010, 04:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My turn to start the update . What's happening ladies?

Beth, will your work slow down any time soon? Is it because the photo technician person is off work still?

Had great news re. Layla's hips today! I heard from the paediatrician at about 4.30pm (after I had rung twice and pretty much given up on hearing news today). He said the xrays show her right hip is normal . Her left hip xray showed minor change but is in good position and is stable (he said to explain it properly I'd have to be there looking at the films). But he hopes that her left hip will correct itself, nothing needs to be done at this stage and she will have a repeat x-ray in 3 months followed by a paed appt. So really, it could not have gone much better considering we were expecting worse news.

He does want me to keep a diary of her cough though as he asked how it was and I told him how she'd been at the doctor on Saturday who had queried bronchiolitis. I actually didn't expect him to ask so I thought that was nice .

Hope everyone's had a good start to their week!

ETA: A couple of photos...I emailed these round to my family but don't think I posted them here...apologies if I have already!!

Layla ready for her first swim (going to an indoor, heated pool). She was born weighing in at around the 25th percentile and at her paed appt was in the 90th percentile so she's got lovely chubby thighs!!

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!

Last edited by mum74; September 13th, 2010 at 04:24 AM.
September 13th, 2010, 06:36 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lenore - I just love those pics!!! Layla is such a happy & adorable baby. So glad to hear they called you back and gave you info on those hips. I'm sure they'll correct themselves, and glad the docs will keep an eye on them. And I hope Layla feels better soon.

Marie - you have some amazing wedding pics and I just love watching your siggy change with them. An d yay for Nolan loving preschool. Does Elizabeth ask when she can go or where he is?

Sam - I just had to chuckle over your escape artist. That is so cute, and I agree he'll keep you on your toes! We laugh and call Mark an escapee as he keeps moving off his blanket on the floor all the time these days. He doesn't quite crawl, so I guess he inches his belly and then uses his arms to push backward or pull forward depending on which direction he wants to go in. We are constantly picking him back up and putting him in the middle and he laughs so much when we do it - guess this is his latest favorite game to play. It used to be kicking off the blanket when Mommy puts it on him in the bouncy seat. Wonder what the next favorite game will be???

Beth - Hugs sweetie! I hope you work slows down some for you, I know it's got to be exhausting.

Mari - any new pics of your good-looking kids to share?? hint hint

Casey - it's so hard to imagine that you're getting ready to plan the his 1st b-day party!! Wow!! Time does fly around here.

AFM - not too much planned this week that I know of. My morning meeting today got canceled, yay! I wasn't prepared for it with being off on Friday and they had sent me the meeting request on Friday. Grrrr. So glad I don't have to stress over that now. So instead I'm jumping on here for a few while I enjoy my tea. Yum!

Okay, Mark's 4 month appt went well. He's 13 pounds 1 ounce, and the doctor was very pleased with him. He loves to laugh and babble at her, so she had fun with him. He didn't fuss to much at the office when they gave him the vaccine, but he had a melt down later that evening. The poor baby went from giggling to full out crying and it took a while before we could get him to calm down. Usually it's cuddles and/or nursing, but we ended up wrapping him in a blanket and laying him on the couch next to us with his pacifier. He fell asleep that way and was out for several hours. When he woke up, he was back to his happy self. The next morning though (Saturday) he just wasn't feeling good and was running a fever for most of the day. He didn't want to play or let us out of his sight. I ended up having him next to me in the bouncy seat where ever I went in the house. His fever did finally go down in the evening. He didn't have any reaction to the vaccines at his 2 month appointment, so I'm not sure why this time it was different for him. DH & I were so happy to have him back to normal yesterday.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
September 13th, 2010, 09:45 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Lenore- Love the pics!! And YAY!!! for good news on her hips!

Becky- Glad Mark is back to himself! And that you get a little break at work!

AFM- not much. CJ is still escaping at daycare. He did it again on Friday afternoon. Both teachers were feeding babies, and one of the admins came in and didn't close the door right. They had to call down to the office to look out cause there was a Bug on the loose. But his antics there got us to put up a gate this weekend!
Otherwise, still in the 2WW, refusing to test until the weekend. (this month is a long shot anyway).

September 13th, 2010, 04:55 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh Lenore, she's so chunky! I just love her thighs!

Yes, Elizabeth asks me every day and waits by the door with her Dora backpack on, and says she wants to go to preschool too I told her she can go when she's 3 and PT'd (next April, lol!). I will start her in Sept 2011.

In Sept 2010 N will be in Grade 1, E in Kindy, and the twins in preK, how fun! And with my luck I'll be pg with twins, lol!
September 14th, 2010, 06:08 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I figured Elizabeth would be wanting to go to.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
September 14th, 2010, 07:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Lenore ~ Love the pics. Layla is so gorgeous!

Sam ~ My sister works at a daycare and one of her toddlers tried to scale the fence last week in an effort to 'go home'. Hope CJ's daycare realizes they need to keep a closer eye on doors and such.

Marie~ I think it is cute that E wants to go to school with N. Loved the pics on FB because DH and his twin brother did the same thing around that age (SIL told me the story on the evening DH and I got engaged so maybe E can do the same for him at his engagement party many years from now). lol

Becky~ Glad Mark is feeling better.

AFM~ I went to work today, called the health dept within the first hour of work, got an appt (mostly because I am friends with the girls who work there) and learned I have a middle ear infection and a sinus infection so I am on oral antibiotics which were actually not that pricey and ear drops that cost like $22/bottle. I guess burning the candle at both ends (60+ hours in 6 days. . . Saturday being a 13 hour shift) finally ran my immunity down to zilch. On a positive note, I was written out of work today and had tomorrow scheduled off. Also a positive is that Katie is doing wonderful and is so curious that it just makes me want to squeal with delight. When she starts walking totally on her own, we will have to bar the doors or Katie will take off on a stroll to who knows where.

September 15th, 2010, 11:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Aw Becky Poor little Mark that he didn't have a good time after his vaccinations but glad it didn't last too long

Sam, long shot or not I'm sending the ...I see it's close to testing time!

Ooh Marie be careful what you say 'out loud' (pg with twins!)... can you imagine...but then again you haven't ruled out one more so what's two more (says the lady with singletons!!).

Beth I'm glad you got to have a couple of days off work though not good at all that it's because you're sick. Big and I hope the hours will settle down for you soon so that you get healthy and can watch Katie as she walks out the door sometime soon .

AFM, Layla rolled this week! Funny thing was, I'd put her on her tummy and sat down next to her with the boys' baby books because I wanted to see how old they were when they rolled. (I know it doesn't matter but I just wanted to see as I knew they rolled fairly late so would be reassuring). Anyway I was just reaching out for one of the books and she flipped over from tummy to back! She was so pleased with all my cheering! I put her on her tummy again and she did it again straight away though it took a lot of effort that time. She hasn't done it since but twice is enough for me .

Hope everyone's having a good week.

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
September 16th, 2010, 06:15 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Marie- you never know Love that Elizabeth wants to go to school!

Beth- Hope you feel better soon!

Lenore- Yay for rolling- soon it will be crawling, then walking then running! Man it moves too fast!!!!

Still holding out on buying any more tests. See if I can keep myself from stopping tonight.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search