Weekly updates- 9-19 - 9-25

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2010, 06:05 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Wow it's almost October!!

What's up with everyone?? We need pictures of those beautiful babies!!

AFM- day 3 and still preggo! Keeping fingers crossed and hoping it sticks. Still got plenty of symptoms- nauseous, cranky and tired!!!!
CJ is really finding his voice, he's been a late bloomer in babbling (I think the binky addiction is to blame). But in the last couple of days he just goes on and on- and no volume control!!

edited cause I can't read a calendar!

Last edited by *SamF*; September 20th, 2010 at 10:51 AM.
September 20th, 2010, 09:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay Sam! Crossing everything for you that this bean sticks! That's great that CJ is starting to chat - nothing better than that sound . Layla was a real chatterbox for a few weeks and she's just...stopped babbling.... but she sucks her fingers now so maybe that is it for her too!

Not much going on my end. Layla actually got 100% healthy for a few days for which we were so grateful! She has a cold again now though (on Friday a friend was holding her and I heard her 3yo who had a snotty nose tell her Mum 'I just put my finger in Layla's mouth!'...so I pretty much knew she was going to get this one!). Sigh ... Apparently our winter illnesses have peaked late this year - it's actually spring now and there are still a lot of sick kids around.

Heading to Hervey Bay (by the beach - hopefully it'll be warming up!) on Thursday for ten days to see my parents, bro and family as it is kindy/school holidays - no internet so I'll be checking up on you all when I get back!

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!

Last edited by mum74; September 20th, 2010 at 09:20 PM.
September 22nd, 2010, 09:00 PM
daisygarten's Avatar Jenn ~ Mom of 3+2
Hi Everyone!

Congrats and sticky vibes Sam

Have a wonderful holiday Lenore!

I'm enjoying the last stretch of maternity leave, which ends 3 weeks from Friday. My job is bugging me to get back on the horse-- I'm not ready!!

September 23rd, 2010, 06:11 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to BeckyM
Hi ladies!

Sam - I'm keeping all my crossables crossed for you sweetie!!! Yay for CJ chatting. We call Mark a little motor mouth these days.

Lenore - I hope you all have a wonderful time at the beach and can't wait to see some pics. and LOVE your new siggy.

Jenn - good to see you!! And I know what you mean about those last few week so maternity leave. It was so hard getting back to work after taking 4 months off, and I feel like I'm just now getting back in a rhythm. I did part time for a few weeks and this is my 2nd week back to full time. I know with school, it may not work, but could you do part time for a bit before jumping back in full time? and do you have any new pics of Joshua to share? hint! hint!

With us, we tried carrots with Mark the other day. I'll post the pics shortly, but he seemed to really enjoy them. Of course he got them messy, but it's so adorable. Work is still busy, but getting more & more settled. pumping so far is going great and I'm managing to take the breaks as I need them to and everyone is working around it. I can still work, just with my door shut, and my boss is supportive and knows the times I usually do this so that is also a big help. Now that the seasons are starting to change, my allergies are kicking in & I somehow ended up with an ear infection but am starting to feel better now. So all in all for me, it's just busy busy busy.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
September 23rd, 2010, 07:11 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
ok ladies it's 4 weeks 5 days- passed my last loss point!!!

(ticker is off a day- I'm 5 weeks on Saturday!)

September 23rd, 2010, 09:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah Sam! Praying for a sticky little one for you.

Becky, Glad things are going well at work and good for you for still pumping! Has Tony heard anything on the job closer so you could carpool. That would be so nice for you.

Jenn, good to see you!

Lenore, love the new siggy! Layla looks so adorable.

Mark, Layla, and Lila are all so close in age, it's fun to watch them.

AFM, sorry I wasn't on last week much. I'm pretty sure I had my first miscarriage . I'm finally done bleeding and passing stuff (sorry TMI), so feeling much better this week. Sad, but doing okay. Andy took it pretty tough. I'm not 100% sure I was pg, so I'm just telling myself it was just a huge heavy pp period.
Okay, enough on the sad point. So we are now really hoping for another little one soon. We have rain the last couple of days so we are inside, makes me not excited for winter. I promise I will try and get some pictures of the kids up soon, I can't wait to show off Lila, she's a doll.

In other news, we have had a ton going on in our little rural township. We live out in the sticks and I'll keep this short. A wind turbine company came into town and leased land from 15 families to put up wind turbines. This was all secret from everyone else and our town board voted on it and passed it. It's now a law, without a vote! There are only 2 board members and both of them are putting them up. They get $7000 the first 7 years for one and than it goes up to $14000 a year after that. But we are outraged to say the least. This is all in the name of alternative energy (which is great) but this will affect us greatly. These are huge huge turbines. The kinds in the desert andthey are putting them right by our farms and houses. We will see 19 of them from our home. We will have to deal with wind shadows (meaning all windows will have to have blackened shades to block out the shadow flicker). This is devestating to our animals, who won't lay down due to the ground currents which people don't feel. Not to mention the ice chunks that fly off of these things. Our farming dream will be so damaged and our property will go down about 50% (our neighbor is a realitor and based on what happened in other towns where this happened). No one wants to live by these noisy things, which is why they are in the desert, not farmland. Our township has only about 600 households and we need to raise $60,000 before a lawyer will tough it. This is a huge voilite issue. It's part of Obama's stimulus package, and once that money is gone, so our the companies that put them up and we are stuck with them. This happened in other towns in Wisconsin, and towns have been abandoned due to these. We are working with other advocity groups and it's an uphill battle. As a township we now have $42000 pledged. But it is huge for us to come up with that. We put in $1000 and wish we could do more. Here's our website, The Forest Voice, please check itout and see what we are dealing with. And could you please pray for us. I just tried to locate the website and it won't bring it up. I can access it through a link in my email, any idea why I can't google search it?

Thanks ladies

Okay now it works! Please check out the "About us" section and the quick video on "Research". This can happen anywhere. These companies are only looking for money. The landowners who agreed to this were told all the neighbors consented and were aware of this. We weren't. Now some of the landowners want out, but now they signed a contract and it's a done deal. They can't change their minds because our town board members were "bought" and now it's a law. This just has me so upset, sorry!

September 27th, 2010, 07:39 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to BeckyM
**hugs** Mari! You are going thru alot lately.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search