Weekly Updates 9-26 to 10-2

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 27th, 2010, 07:25 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Whats up ladies??

One more week till my first appointment!!
Still full of symptoms- sensitive tummy, short tempered and a mouth full of canker sores.
Busy week at work, out budget is due over at the capital on Friday, so we need to get it done by tomorrow so we can get it to the printers in time. Spent a couple of hours in here yesterday working too. I'm caught up- now I get to help everyone else finish their stuff.

September 27th, 2010, 07:46 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi, Sam! budget - ugggh! Our fiscal year runs from July 1- June 30th, but they're working on the budget for next fiscal year now and from what I'm hearing it's pretty ugly. I hope yours is much better then that. I don't get too involved in this part, but once it's out and if there are position cuts, then I get busy with the human resources side of things. It's sounds silly to say I'm happy you're having plenty of symptoms as I know they can be unpleasant, but I'm so excited that your appt is getting closer & closer. I can't wait to hear good news from it.

AFM - this week has already started off crazy busy here at work, and it's not even lunchtime yet. I'm hoping it's not an indicator of how the rest of the week is going to be. We had a great weekend, relaxed alot and got stuff done around the house. Yesterday we met up with some friends for lunch and played some boardgames/card games. We try to do this 1-2 times a month, but lately it's been pushed aside as we've all been so busy. Next time, we host it at our place. I can't wait!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
September 27th, 2010, 10:02 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
sorry i haven't been back around recently to update - things have been hectic both at work and with Savannah so i'm behind on absolutely everything right now.

Sam - yay good luck at your 1st appt...sorry for the symptoms, it's definitely one of the less pleasant parts of pregnancy...

Becky - game night is so much fun, and i haven't done one in YEARS...you should definitely make time for that with your friends!

AFM...

Well Savannah went from crawling (@8months) to standing (@ 9 1/2 months) to cruising (@10 months) to now letting go and trying to walk/run to anyone/anything this weekend. She has no fear whatsoever and she's probably going to give us both heart attacks in the coming weeks if she doesn't find a little fear of walking. It's cute to watch her try and she's SO PROUD of herself....but she's fallen a ton and it doesn't faze her in the slightest....

Oh yeah, and she's finally saying "mama" now

Her 9 month check up was delayed b/c Pedi's wife went into labor early and then he took 3 weeks leave...she's still my BIG girl - 30" long (age adjusted still puts her off the charts % for height), and 21lbs 2oz (75%)...she's otherwise doing awesome and definitely enjoying her newfound mobility skills

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
September 27th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow, I have got to check in more often. Congrats Sam! I hope things go well at your first appointment!

Becky - I hope your work week doesn't get too crazy and flies by! Now that I have Abigail I look even more forward to the weekends so I can be at home with my family.

Lara - Yay for Savannah saying "mama"!! Just melts your heart, doesn't it?

AFM I have been kind of busy at work, which is good. I work for a real estate attorney and the market is just "blah" at the moment - well actually for a while now. I keep hearing it's going to pick up and I am ready for it! I constantly think that if it doesn't pick up soon I may be looking for another job, but thank God I still have mine. I miss my little Abigail when I am away at work, but I love my job and simply can't afford to be unemployed right now.

September 29th, 2010, 06:09 AM
Hi ladies!

So nice to see you Lara & Tonya!!!

Lara - yay for Savannah saying Mama and her new mobility. Do you have pics of her standing/walking to share? hint! hint! and here's a chuckle for you & your tall girl - I was barely 35 inches when I started school!! My mom found my charts and decided to share that with me. I know I was always the short one (and still am at just 5 feet tall), but didn't expect to see that I was THAT short at age 5.

Tonya - so great to get an update from you! and Abigail is a cutie pie. Do you also have any more pics to share??? hint! hint! (I know I'm very demanding these days!) Good luck with the job situation, I hope it does improve soon for you.

AFM - it's a hectic week here at work, but I'm managing to get a few things caught up each day too which is nice. I have my weigh in tonight at weight watchers, so hopefully I'm continuing my losing trend. I'm losing @ a pound a week since I've joined, and I'm just about 20 pounds less then my pre-pg weight at this point. Yay!! I lost more then I gained after having Mark, and now am slowing adding to that loss.

and since I'm hinting for pics, here's some of Mark.

I've been taking pics every few weeks with him & this giant carebear. It was a shower gift and it's cute to watch how much he's grown next to it.

He kept giggling & laughing at this giraffe. Up close though, he stared for a while and then started laughing again.

All tired out watching us adults play games.

He loves to sit on Daddy's lap while he's on the computer and is so engrossed in the screen. Hmmm, am I seeing a future computer gamer here???

and a quick one of us yesterday morning before daycare.

September 29th, 2010, 09:05 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Cute pics Becky!!

Not a good day for me. Took my cat the vet this morning because he has been acting off, lost weight...

Anyway- kidneys are failing. They are doing a flush on them with IV fluids, and they think he has a fighting chance. From what I can find this means he will need a new diet, medications and most likely these flushes regularly for the rest of his life. He's 15 1/2, I've had him since he was 4 months old.

September 29th, 2010, 01:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Here are a couple pics from last night. DH is a farmer and we took these out behind our house. Love the pictures of Mark!

I am so sorry about your kitty Sam. Hope he pulls through.

October 2nd, 2010, 05:45 PM
I'm sorry about your kitty, Sam!

Love the pics, Tonya!!! Abigail is such a cutie pie.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search