Weekly Updates - 10/03 - 10/09

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 4th, 2010, 05:29 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Happy Monday ladies!

I figured I'd start this topic for the week (only 1 day late ) So, how is everyone doing? We're all good here. Work is busy, but that's typical. Mark is growing fast - is 5 months old now & I got him on a scale yesterday and he's right at 15 pounds. We had our 1st playdate yesterday too. DH & I met up with 2 couples (both ladies from JM the May 2010 Playroom) who had children around the same time. One was a day older then Mark, the other a month younger. That was fun, the LOs babbled away at each other and it was fun to meet some ladies from JM IRL. I also felt a bit sad though too, as I'd really love to meet you all (my TTC OM family) and wish we all lived alot closer and could coordinate a get together too. If we were able to do this, I vote Lenore's place. (I've ALWAYS wanted to travel to Australia)

And here's some cute pics we got of Mark this weekend. I'm trying to get back in the habit of taking photos again as I've slacked off since going back to work.

He's finally figured out how to suck his thumb without shoving his whole hand in his mouth AND not poking his eyeballs with the other fingers.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
October 4th, 2010, 11:43 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Love the pictures of Mark!!

Week so far not off to a great start. Weekend sucked. My best friend on the world, my 15 year old cat passed away on Saturday. He was diagnosed with renal failure last Wednesday and we were trying everything we could, but his heart gave out on Saturday. On top of all that I got a stomach bug starting on Thursday night that hung on till Saturday night- not a pretty story.

Then my appointment today -it's posted in another thread.

Rest of the week hopefully will go better.

October 4th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Becky, how fun!
Sam, sorry about your appointment and your kitty. We had to put our beloved kitty down with the same thing 2 months ago.

nak, will be back later

October 4th, 2010, 09:25 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sam, I hope bean grows big and strong, and so sorry for your kitty

Becky-Mark is so sweet!

Nolan's 4th bday is today, and his third and final party this weekend. We had turkey dinner with the IL's and the kids' grandparents and my family. Busy time, but beautiful weather. The twins have congested colds, but otherwise we're all trucking along
October 5th, 2010, 05:03 AM
Sam - big hugs from us sweetie! I'm so sorry about your kitty and your appointment.

Happy B-day Nolan!!!

October 5th, 2010, 07:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Becky, Mark is such a cutie! I love looking at new pictures of our little ones!

Sam I hope your week gets better and I am praying for good things at your appointment on Monday!

Happy Birthday to Nolan!

AFM, Abigail had her 4 month check up yesterday. She did great when she got her shots. I was so proud! 14.2 pounds and 23 inches. Looks like she's gonna be short like her daddy.

October 5th, 2010, 08:32 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
Sam - i'm so sorry about your cat, being sick and try (i know it's impossible) not to stress about your bean...that was a very early u/s and hopefully everything is fine! HUGS

Becky - omg Mark is such a cutie! love those pictures - it's amazing how quickly they grow up...I def had a LOT more daily pics of Savannah while I was at home with her and once you go back to work you've got to squish getting them in on the weekends, which is tough!

Marie - happy birthday to Nolan! love the progression pics of him...my what a big boy now (and such a cutie too)!

Tonya - yay for a great checkup appt...and handling the shots well - that's my LEAST favorite part of Savannah's check-ups and they do get a ton of shots that first year.

AFM...not sure i mentioned last week (think it happened after i posted our update) that Savannah got quite sick she was crying uncontrollably and clearly in pain but i couldn't figure out what was wrong other than she was refusing to eat/drink anything. Took her to doctor and she had blisters all over her throat - Dr thinks it was 1 of 2 types of viruses...either hand/foot/mouth disease or a related one called herpangina (sp?) i think. Either way poor baby was miserable and I stayed home with her Tue & Wed, she was feeling better so went back to daycare on Thur but still has a few blisters in her mouth.

On a brighter note, Becky asked for pictures and I totally forgot to post them last week so here are some of Savannah in the past 2 weeks:

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
October 5th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't have much time but big hugs Sam for your cat and crossing everything for your little bean to be okay.

Also wanted to send hugs to you Mari as I did read about you last week but haven't been spending much time on the computer. It is a devastating feeling post m/c. I hope you can take some comfort from your dh and other kids because I know that while my m/c was hard to deal with, it helped so much to have my boys around me constantly.

Savannah's gorgeous Lara! Awful when they get so sick but I'm glad she's getting better now.

Becky - sure I'll host the catch up!

Happy Birthday Nolan!
And WTG with a great appt for Abigail Tonya!

AFM we had a wonderful holiday at Hervey Bay. It rained every afternoon but every morning was beach weather and the boys loved it. My brother and Dad took the boys yabbying and then the next day fishing at the beach using the yabbies as bait. O caught a fish and was so excited (his first ever ). We taught the boys some little card games, we played a lot of table tennis with them (it was mostly the ball hitting the back wall as they're not quite up with hitting it on the table back and forth yet!!).... they rode their scooters a lot...and I felt like I had a break too. It really brought to mind that saying 'It takes a village to raise a child'!!!! My dh was at home working but with my Mum and Dad, and also my brother helping to take the boys fishing, I felt like I got to relax a little.... something that doesn't happen at home really .

Have a great week everyone!

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
October 5th, 2010, 06:55 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
October 5th, 2010, 07:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
First off, love the pics of the LOs.
Becky~ Would love to have a meet up for the OM mommies.
Sam ~ Sorry to hear about your cat.
Lenore~ Glad you had a break.
Marie~ Happy Birthday Nolan! Hope the twins are feeling better and E & N are well.
Lara~ Yay on Savannah feeling better.
Tonya~ Yay on Abigail's checkup.
Mari~ Hugs to you. I am keeping you in my prayers.

Here are two recent Katie pics. The first one is with my sister, Becky, and the second one is her standing on her own looking at me right before getting into something she is not supposed to mess with.

Last edited by MomtoKatieB; October 5th, 2010 at 07:18 PM.
October 6th, 2010, 04:57 AM
I'm LOVING all these pics ladies!! I can't believe how big they're all getting either.

Lara - I know you said she's your tall girl, and she looks so cute & tall in those pics, especially that first pic. So adorable. Sorry she was so sick. The poor baby.

Tonya - Yay for a good appt, and handling those shots that good. Mark was miserable after his 4 month shots, ran a fever and had red welts on his legs. Thankfully that went away quickly and he was back to his normal happy self.

Marie - those pics are so cute! They are all getting so big. Did Nolan enjoy his b-day week & all the parties? And I hope there haven't been anymore "poo" incidents lately.

Lenore - welcome back sweetie!! I'm glad you had a great time & that you were able to relax for a change. I can't wait to see those pics.

Beth - Katie is getting so big!! Is she still loving it down in NC? I know you are so much happier. Any luck for DH and the job situation yet?

With us, this is a short work week and I'm off rest of the week after today and return to work next Wednesday. Daycare is closed since Kim is taking a long weekend around the Columbus Day holiday. Therefore I'm off work too. Columbus Day is not a holiday for my work, but it is for DH and he also took next Tuesday off so we'll have a long weekend together to. Yay!! Last night we participated in a community walk for the neighborhood. That was fun. Local police officers joined us, it's part of starting up a neighborhood watch, and Mark enjoyed all the attention and the flashing lights of the police cars. Here's a pic one of the neighbors took of DH & Mark.

October 6th, 2010, 09:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm loving these picture ladies! Thanks for the well wishes for me. Andy stayed home Monday and Tuesday just because and we had some great family/us time. It was much needed. I'm feeling so much better than last week. Thanks again ladies.

October 6th, 2010, 07:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh goodness, I am such a doof! Mike started work several weeks ago as a forklift driver at the mattress (or however it is spelled) factory.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search