Week of 10.10.10

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2010, 07:41 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
ok just had to use yesterdays date.

Whats up???????

We had our repeat u/s this morning, and saw a HB!!! Still arguing about dates, I think we just have a slow starter, because otherwise I got a BFP before conception. I go back in two weeks, which was my choice he offered one week depending on my anxiety. I opted to wait, but can call if I start freaking out. This is why I love my doctor!

October 11th, 2010, 10:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay for seeing a heartbeat Sam! That is so exciting!

AFM, We got Abigail a baby einstein jumper over the weekend and she loves it! She's still too short and her feet don't touch the floor even on the lowest setting but she'll grow into it! Oh, and she loves carrots! Here's a pic...

October 11th, 2010, 02:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
She does look happy with her carrots Tonya!

on a HB Sam. That is such great news.

AFM, Layla now prefers to sleep on her tummy. I find it funny that she always hated tummy time, and now 2 weeks after first rolling from back to tummy, that's how she wants to sleep . She's six months old on Wed so I'd better get out my baby food book and see what I'm going to feed her first!

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
October 11th, 2010, 03:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah Sam!

I'm glad Abigail loves her new toy!

Lenore, yes we are also coming closer to that time. I'm kinda excited for it and kind of sad, almost like everything Lila does. Good and bad to watch them grow!

AFM: I'm flying solo this week. Although Andy is done traveling for work, he told his boss he would finish out his current jobs, which means two more weeks of travel. That's great news for me. Other than that, we are loving the weather. 80's in Wisconsin in October = heat wave! Lovin it. We are wrapping up some more chickens and hopfully getting the garden ready for winter this weeknd. Other than that not much!

Hope everyone is well!

October 11th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sam~ Awesome on seeing heartbeat

Tonya~ Glad Abigail likes her toy. Katie has always been a big lover of carrots too.

Lenore ~ Keep us posted on what Layla's first foods are

Mari~ Hurrah for the heat wave!

AFM ~ Katie is teething and is fussy. We start the transition from formula in a few weeks and I am dreading it because I have heard stories of explosive poops. They are hiring a new person at work and rumor has it that she has said she won't work nights period. Which means I will be missing out on night time with Katie and other time with Katie depending on the weather because if the roads are bad, I won't be able to get home.

October 12th, 2010, 08:56 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yay for baby hb's, yumy carrots, starting solids!

boo to dh's away, and mommies stuck at work

afm: ate lots of turkey this past weekend, no snow here yet but its very cold this am-its coming. Kids are all congested for the past week, hopefully on the upswing. Off to get flu shots for all this week, hopefully that'll help some. DH is at work for 24 hours, so I'm doing the preschool run today. Quiet week ahead, I mean our normal week
October 14th, 2010, 05:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Marie~ Hope the kids are all better.

Katie fell into the edge of the door last night (I was at work or we would have probably made a trip to the hospital because Mommy gets nervous) and this morning she has a little bruised place on her face. I saw it last night after work and cried.

October 14th, 2010, 09:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ah Beth, you are such a good Mommy!

Not much else new here. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, a physical so to speak. Checking bp, cholerol, all the good stuff. I'm also 9 days late for my period. I took a test yesterday and it was negative, so I know that's not the problem. Just kinda wierd. I've been regular since Lila was born, so who knows. Not that any of us like AF around, its just nice to know everything is still working the way is should. I also have to take Sally (4 yr old) in for a checkup and she gets her kindergarten shots. She's gonna scream really loud! I wrapped her up a little present to hold and open afterward, so I'm hoping that helps. Wish me luck!

Have a great week!

October 14th, 2010, 12:03 PM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
hmmmm Mari.......gonna be stalking you.

Beth- Cj has had a total of about 6 knots on his forehead 2 blackeyes and who knows how many scratches. He has no fear, and if he falls he catches himself with his forehead. I've threatened to put him in a bubble wrap suit. Oh- and he's fine. So don't worry too much.

October 14th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nolan was a faller and a chronic picker, he was a wreck.

I took the four kids for their flu/h1n1 shots yesterday-of course now that Nolan is 4, he's finally old enough to get what's going on-he tried to be brave, but still required motherly restraint. Good luck Mari!
October 15th, 2010, 07:12 AM
CaseyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to CaseyM
Great to hear how everyone is growing so fast....I can't believe how big they are all getting....

AFM - We will also be transitioning out of formula soon (I hope and so does my wallet). He's not really into drinking his formula bottles anyways. Loves to eat "big people food". Loves peas, green beans and carrots. Not crawling but does a mean army crawl around the house. He will walk with help, but prefers to army crawl. (And dust my hardwood floors at the same time.)
We are going pumpkin picking this weekend. He has a small one already from grammy that he loves, but we want to get another. Took him apple picking a few weeks ago and that was fun. Also took Matt to the pic people the other day to get his "1 year" pics done. (I know a little early, but not that much.) I don't have the time now to post them, but they are on my facebook, so if you would like, friend me and you'll see them....I'm under casey cochran melanson Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Love to share pics on my facebook....

casey cochran melanson
October 15th, 2010, 07:29 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi ladies!

Sam - I'm so happy for you sweetie!!!!

Tonya - we have a baby einstein (it's not a jumper though, just an activity center) and Mark too is to short for it. Right now I have a book underneath so he can reach. He really likes it and he also loves his carrots. We tried bananas last night and he enjoyed those too. So far, it's been yes on carrots, sweet potatoes & bananas. He was not thrilled with the butternut squash. I'm going to make my own before giving up on it though as I tasted the store bought one and it was yucky.

Lenore - Mark is now a tummy sleeper to. That is just too funny that him & Layla are again doing the same thing. I can't wait to hear about Layla's first foods.

Beth - sorry Katie is so fussy with the teething, and that bruise on her face, the poor baby. I hope you don't end up having to work constant evenings. That wouldn't be fun at all.

Marie - yay for turkey! Are you expecting snow soon? Does it typically snow in October for you? Except for last year's winter, we tend to get so little snow during the winter and if we do it's primarily January/February so I forget that other areas get it earlier in the year.

Mari - keep us posted with your appt today & I hope Sally's goes well. I love the toy idea, hopefully that'll console her. Shots are not fun.

AFM - it's been a pretty busy week and that's only with working 3 days of it. DH & I both ended up sick over our long holiday weekend together so we didn't do anything special to celebrate his b-day or our anniversary. It was (and still is) lots of soup and just relaxing at home. We did take some pics with our trusty tripod as we had not taken any lately of all 3 of us. I haven't uploaded the pics to photobucket yet, but here's a blurry pic (sorry it was taken with cell phone) of the scrapbook page I've started for our 4th year anniversary. I have an album that I add a page to each year with pics of us and how we celebrate.

I've been also busy scrapbooking lately too. Yay!!! I'm trying to get caught up and trying to do a page a day for now for a challenge on the paper scrapping board here on JM. So far so good. Wish me luck on that continuing.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search