Weekly Updates

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 15th, 2010, 06:11 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Let's hear them. and let's see some pictures too.

Here's my smiley boy.

We're doing okay here. I'm once again fighting an icky cold so don't feel the greatest and work of course is busy. Kim (daycare) said Mark crawled a couple of steps for her one day (on Nov 3rd) but nothing since. He's been so close to crawling for us, rocks back & forth, moves his legs and everything and then does a face plant and just starts laughing. I'm sure it won't be long. We had his 6 month appointment last Wednesday and I forgot to bring in the paper with his exact measurements. I think they were 25 1/4 inch long (about 5 percentile), 14 pounds 10 ounces (about 9 percentile), and head circumference 17 1/2 inches (about 48 percentile). So we have a skinny, short, smart baby with a big head. The doctor is not concerned at all (the nurse was though), and just said some babies don't register on the charts like her family does. I had written down a summary of what he eats each day and she is very happy with it. She also gave us the all clear to feed him pretty much anything, just mash it or puree it up, including meat, chicken, eggs, etc. Just no honey for the first year and not juice for a while longer. Mark is also getting real good at sipping water from his sippy cup. He is growing up so fast.

If you get a chance check out the November Make it Yourself thread. I've posted a few scrap pages I've done this month, including 2 of Mark. And if you have any projects you're working on yourself, please share with the rest of us. I love seeing what we all create.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
November 15th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Becky, Mark is adorable as always! I can't believe he's using a sippy already! Lila is still only on formula, I haven't introduced cereal yet, although I will soon.

I'm still feeling pretty good with my thyroid, I go into the doctor in two weeks to do another blood draw and will look at getting on meds if I need it. I'm still dealing with some symptoms, so I'm hopeful she can give me some to get my body back straightened out. Other than that, hubby is out of town this week, so another long week for me.

Kids are all healthy, so we are thankful.

HOpe everyone is well!

November 16th, 2010, 05:41 AM
Great to see you Mari! I hope you get good results from your blood work and you can get your body back to normal soon.

November 16th, 2010, 07:02 AM
SnowAngel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Becky, Mark is getting so big and he is adorable. I hope you feel better soon.

Mari, I hope your blood results say your adjusting well. Sorry you still have some symptoms. I love Lila's Halloween photo. How is she doing?

afm, I am feeling well. I go in for my flu shot this morning. So I get to see my doctor and tell her I am preggars. Maybe she can recommend a OB. I really don't want to see a OB just yet though since it is so early. I wish I could find a midwife out here. blah @ dh for moving us into the middle of nowhere!!

November 16th, 2010, 07:26 AM
Thanks, Stacy! I hope you doctor can recommend an OB for you. Or perhaps do they do OB work there? I know in the small town I was raised in, most of the family doctors just did the OB/Gyn stuff to. Just another option.

November 16th, 2010, 08:34 AM
I asked about that Becky and nope she can see me for my other things like thyroid. Both her and her nurse said I had to have a referral. I called the ob office and they said the same thing but couldn't confirm that because the billing person was not there today. Now both offices usually deal with Tricare Prime which does need a referral. I have Tricare Standard and I have never needed a referral. So I called Tricare and they confirmed for me that I didn't need a referral to see a OB. lol Its just certain procedures that I would need a referral. So now I have to wait for the OB office to review my info and then call me back about an appt.

eta and the ob office changed my due date to the 14th. so by 6 days. I know I ovulate later. So I think for now I will keep July 20th.

Last edited by SnowAngel; November 16th, 2010 at 08:38 AM.
November 16th, 2010, 12:02 PM
MIL has tricare and she needs a referral for everything. So frustrating. I was so happy when my insurance company (blue cross blue shield) stopped needing them. Makes things so much easier.

November 16th, 2010, 12:17 PM
^ Becky she must have Prime or Extra then. I never liked going to the military doctors so I stayed standard. I never really dealt with referrals. It seems every time I turn around up here though the doctors tell me I need a referral and I know I don't. Maybe I should just switch to Prime. lol It would make it easier on the doctors.

November 16th, 2010, 01:08 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
Becky - love the pic! don't let the stats worry you...Savannah's on the other end of the spectrum (so i worry about her being a giant LOL) but our pedi says to focus more on consistency of the growth curve they're on than where they are on the growth curve...

Mari - hope the blood work clarifies the situation...it took me more than a year to get my thyroid symptoms totally fixed and a bunch of small med adjustments...hopefully you'll feel great soon!

Stacy - good luck with the flu shot & glad you're otherwise feeling well...i HATED 1st tri (and actually well into 2nd tri) b/c of how severe my m/s was, so it's nice to see someone enjoying those early weeks

AFM...Savannah's doing great and almost the big 1 year old (i can't believe it!)...she's on yet a 3rd antibiotic (poor thing) for a recurring sinus infection that hopefully we'll kick just in time for her birthday. I have some new pics but haven't uploaded them (sorry)...i'll have a bunch to share next though (promise!). In unrelated news, I have WILD ANIMALS in my attic which is totally freaking me out...a pest control person is coming on Thur to check out the situation - they think based on the time we heard the commotion last night that it's squirrels...I HOPE he's right but I can't imagine how a squirrel (or even 100 of them) could make as much racket as we heard - if you told me it was a small bear galloping around i'd completely believe it...I'm terrified it's a rabid raccoon or something significantly bigger than a squirrel, so I'm refusing to let DH go up & check and he had to work hard to convince me not to take Savannah and stay at hotel last night I was so freaked out at the thought of animals running around up there. It did not help that I had just seen a news story about a baby being attacked by raccoons in her crib in NC, although they suspected that crazy family was keeping them as pets, which I can not fathom.

Anyway I'll let you girls know what it turns out to be...I am sad if it's squirrels because I think the pest control's plan is to trap them...and I suspect (DH is confirming) that it'll be lethal traps, which while I do really want the squirrels (or whatever) OUT before they do major damage, i'd so prefer they trap & release I hate to think of my attic becoming a killing zone...

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
November 17th, 2010, 05:28 AM
Good luck with the wild animals, Lara. I hope it's nothing major and easily rid of. Can't wait to see new pics of your cutie pie to.

November 18th, 2010, 06:40 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Yikes wild animals in the house!!! Hope they get them out Lara!!

Becky- Mark is growing up so fast! What a cutie!

Stacy- Good luck witht he new doctor!!

AFM- sorry I've been a little absent. Still recovering from everything, then CJ had whatever it was DH and I had last week, so I was home with a sick baby on Monday and Tuesday. I'm still surviving in imodium- it's been a week and a half!

I'm still waiting on all my test results. Other than the genetic testing for spud- I'm really waiting to hear my thyroid test- because that's the only one that would get my peri to tell me to wait to TTC, I really want to try next cycle.

November 19th, 2010, 06:36 AM
CaseyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to CaseyM
Wow! Becky I can't believe how big he's getting. Don't worry about the stats thing or the crawling thing. Matt army crawls still when he wants to get someplace fast, but will regular crawl if he's not in a hurry. That pic is adorable...

Stacy - congrats!!!!! I wish you well with your search for a good OB...

AFM - Matt had his 1 yr appt this week. He is 19 lbs 11oz (9th percentile) and 29.75in long (49th percentile). The doc was impressed with how well he did at the appt. Matt doesn't really have any stranger anxiety. He will pretty much go to anyone anytime. Cute now, but could be trouble when he's a little older. Doc says he is growing right along his curves and looks good. We are all finally over the whole pink eye thing (that wasn't fun at all...Matt shared with both of us.) But I don't think Matt was very happy with the nurse after the 4 shots he had to get. Then we had to go upstairs to the lab to have his lead test and hemoglobin test. (The lead test is a state law I think for houses that are certain ages.)
DH and I are starting to talk about making the appt for the beginning of the year for the FET. So hoping this works. Have a good weekend!

Love to share pics on my facebook....

casey cochran melanson

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search