Turkey week!!! Updates!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 23rd, 2010, 07:40 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Sorry girls that this is late. Been a little weird.

Anyway hows everyone doing?

We have a few 1st Thanksgivings this week! Looking forward to seeing how your little one reacts? Who's on table food???

We are on table food so looking forward to seeing his reaction trying new stuff. We are still staying away from sweets, but may let him have some pumpkin pie.

November 23rd, 2010, 08:11 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi ladies! We're doing good here, just super busy & had no internet or phone service at home for almost a week. Grrr. Mark is growing so fast & we're also on table/solid food. No teethies still so we grind, mash, cut up very small & make sure it's soft. He loves to eat though just about everything so I'm sure he'll enjoy turkey too.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
November 24th, 2010, 08:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Our little Lila is still only on formula, so nothing different for her

We are going to my inlaws, 28 people on almost white carpet, in a small area. Yikes, makes me a little nervous, but I'll try and remember that it's not about "controling" our brood, it's about giving thanks to Him. Please let us remember to give our Heavenly Father thanks for all we have. I know their have been some recent losses here, and my heart hurts for those of you. But let us remember our blessings.

I'll be saying a prayer for Sam and Stacey and for Beth's mom this year.

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!!

PS, the little cutie in my siggy is our 2 year old Travis.

November 24th, 2010, 08:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Happy Thanksgiving Eve all!

I am sure somebody will probably slip some "real" food to Abigail so we'll see how it goes.

Our June 2010 PR had a loss last week. A sweet, sweet little girl named Kaiya, who is the same age as Abigail passed away and it hit pretty close to home. Please, if you will, say a prayer for her parents that they find healing and comfort in knowing that she is in the hands of the Lord. My heart still aches for them and I can't even imagine what they must be going through.

November 24th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
FOA I just wanna say that its weird that your Thanksgiving is in Nov, it should have been in Oct like mine

All is quiet here, went from freeze to death ice cold to nearly melting within 24 hours. Yesterday the preschool run was done in snowsuits, today nobody wore coats or socks.

My kids are all bigger than the turkey we ate last month, so no fun first turkey stories to share here--enjoy everyone!

Lucky mother to five!

November 24th, 2010, 08:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Katie is eating more stuff from the table. She had her one year checkup and vaccinations this week, we were told she can start drinking whole milk, is mildly anemic (is on a three month round of iron drops), has ear wax issues (pedi prescribed stool softener to take care of the ear wax. . . strange but true) and is destined to be (pedi's words not mine) "tall, slender and brilliant"

November 26th, 2010, 08:50 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Tonya- I've been looking at Kaiya's pictures since the new memorial in peoples signatures. It's a nightmare come true.
Marie- LOL!!!

CJ loved everything on thanksgiving!!!

November 26th, 2010, 10:41 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know, Kaiya's mom is living my worse nightmare

Lucky mother to five!

November 28th, 2010, 08:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Ladies,
We don't celebrate Thanksgiving over here so we're just hanging out til Christmas . Layla had her 6 month needles last week (they were delayed due to an ear infection). She ended up vomiting a lot that night, I'm assuming due to the rotavirus vaccine. She didn't react to it at all the first two times so I thought we'd be fine. It was a rough night but thankfully by morning she was able to feed and keep it down and was just grizzly (which was normal after the previous vaccinations).

Layla is eating food here and there. After talking alot to my SIL who has a 15 month old, I've skipped the pureeing and mashing. I'm still careful with what she has, but I'll cook sweet potato or potato and cut it into finger sized chunks for her to pick up and eat. A lot of it misses the mouth or just gets spat out of course!! She has bits and pieces of what we eat if it's suitable, eg. chicken from a stirfry (she sucks on it then spits it out mostly, but she really likes meat!), mango or watermelon if the boys are eatingit etc. It's going pretty well and I'm enjoying being a bit more laidback about it all then I was with the boys!!

Layla is 9kgs (just under 20lbs I think that works out to). She's got gorgeous chunky thighs and she's currently sitting in the lounge room chatting to Jonah and she's dressed just in a nappy and shorts (it's getting very warm now), and I just love seeing her gorgeous rolls of fat on her tummy and chest!

Hope everyone is going well! I've been pretty busy and my FIL arrives this Sunday and tends to use up our internet limit pretty quickly by watching YouTube clips so I may not be on that much over the next 5 weeks! (I get so used to the really fast internet and we rarely go over our limit or if we do it's just the last couple of days of the month. Last time FIL was here he put us over within the first two weeks and we put up with slow internet for the rest of the month and I just stopped using it cause I can't stand slow internet!!).

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search