Katie, Mama and Fighting Like a Girl ~ Breast Cancer and My Family

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 3rd, 2010, 06:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ladies,
This is basically an update of sorts on Mama. She went into the hospital yesterday and had her left breast removed and a complete axillary dissection of the lymph nodes on her left side. I am not sure what any of the last part means other than we will know in a week or two how far the cancer has spread and what course of treatment her oncologist will want to utilize.
The reason I mentioned Katie in the title is that the one that this is hardest on is of course, Katie. She is just barely one, had co slept predominantly with Mama for several months due to the work schedules Mike and I have been on and is very attached to Nana/Granny. She was very out of sorts yesterday because since Mama couldn't hold her and therefore did not see her after Katie went to sleep on Wednesday night. We also had a WIC appointment and later in the day I had to go back into town to pick up my pay check so her routine was totally shot. She wanted to wiggle all over Mama when she got home today but we kept her from doing so because Mama has a drainage tube in her and is pretty sore since she just had some pretty serious surgery. . . and I don't think she understand why her BFF is off limits to her for the most part.
I will try to keep updating as we continue on this journey. Depending on how things go, I may or may not post much about Mama's cancer because it might just hurt too much to put the words down on the screen.
Anyhow, I just want to thank all of you for the prayers and ask that you continue to pray for Mama. I love you all.

December 3rd, 2010, 10:05 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh Beth, how scary for you girls--your family's in my thoughts and prayers. ((hugs)) and love to you, Katie and your mom

Lucky mother to five!

December 4th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thinking of you all Beth.

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
December 4th, 2010, 07:00 PM
SnowAngel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thinking of you and your mom and katie. Lots of hugs for you all. thoughts and prayers.

December 4th, 2010, 08:38 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
Still sending lots of hugs and prayers.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
December 5th, 2010, 02:46 PM
CaseyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to CaseyM
still sending lots of thoughts and prayers and loves to you guys.....

Love to share pics on my facebook....

casey cochran melanson
December 5th, 2010, 07:08 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We're sending you lots of hugs & prayers. Hang in there sweetie.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
December 6th, 2010, 08:10 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Thoughts, prayers and Hugs Beth!! Hang in there!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search