week of 12/5-12-11

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 6th, 2010, 07:12 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Whats up???

AFM- CJ had his first haircut on Saturday it went great. I even had a few smiles on camera. Need to upload them.
He turns 11 months this week Can't believe how time has flown!!
Other than that not much here!

December 6th, 2010, 08:18 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
awww, yay for first haircuts!

I have my 2nd hcg today, praying for good numbers!
This Thursday we're heading out to the IL"s, the twins have their preemie follow up appt on Friday, so the IL's will watch the two bigs. We'll be home on Sunday pm.
December 6th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I bet CJ looks cute with his new 'do! Good luck Marie with your hcg!

My eldest ds finishes kindy tomorrow. It's been a wonderful year for him and I will be sad to say goodbye to the kindy (though not goodbye really as Jonah goes next year ).

Layla has her second round of hip xrays tomorrow followed by a paed appt. I am feeling confident that all will be well (one hip was fine, one hip had to be monitored last time but the paed was hoping it would correct itself). Trying not to remind myself that any time I feel confident that something is fine, is usually when it all goes to pieces!!

Have a nice day everyone .

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
December 6th, 2010, 07:14 PM
CaseyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to CaseyM
not much going on here this week....got the tree up and decorated this past weekend...Matty helped by putting his Mickey Mouse ornaments up but now he just wants to play with them...we put the Christmas train around the bottom and set up a globe and a santa next to the tree...he loves it all....can't wait to see what he does when there are presents under the tree.....

Started something new though this weekend...we now scream and cry bloody murder when we are put into our crib for naps and/or goodnights. Not sure why. Someone said to look for spiders, but there are none and he has no bites. And I'm talking screaming like he's getting the crap beat out of him....He just screams and when I went and got him out the other night (after about 15 minutes) he was so upset he was shaking and almost hyperventalating like....anyone got any ideas? suggestions??? Thanks in advance...

Love to share pics on my facebook....

casey cochran melanson
December 7th, 2010, 05:42 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sam - I can't wait to see pics of CJ with his cut. I'm sure it's adorable.

Marie - good luck with the hcg & the twins appt.

Lenore - I forget sometimes that the schools are on different cycles there too, I knew about the seasons, so it makes sense that you're getting ready for summer break. Do you have new pics to share of your cutie pies? Good luck with the paed appt, I hope Layla's hip has corrected itself.

Casey - I don't know what to suggest sweetie, but hope you've gotten some advice. **hugs** That must be heartbreaking to hear.

AFM - we're doing good, just work is keeping me busy busy busy. We took Mark to have some holiday pics done last weekend, and got some cute ones. I can pick up the prints & CD of all the images this Friday, so I'll upload over the weekend. Can't wait to share with you ladies.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
December 7th, 2010, 08:57 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
Casey- This is gonna sound awful but my dd goes to bed with a toy that lights up and plays music. It's the only way she would stay in bed. She lays there until it stops playing, then starts it again until she eventually falls asleep. I hope you find something that works.

AFM- I had my first appt Mon. Had an u/s that put my due date at Aug 1. I'm just going to go with that instead of worrying. I have a perinatologist appt Thursday. I get to do a 24hr urine Wed. Goody. I go back in 2 weeks. Hopefully everything will continue smoothly.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
December 8th, 2010, 02:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Casey, Layla is currently screaming at night too. I don't know what has happened to my chilled baby that (for the last couple of months anyway) was reasonably easy to get to sleep at night. Now it can take hours and I have no idea what's up. The paed did say today after doing a general checkup that she has a red ear that was red enough to warrant panadol (tylenol)... so maybe that has been part of it for her but it's been a couple of weeks now.

AFM Layla's appt was okay. The xray showed her hip is slightly worse however, when the paed did the clinical exam he said her hips had actually loosened up and were looking good. He said he can't ignore the xray though so she will have another xray at 12 months. Good news really that it is a wait and see approach rather than splinting.

I will try to find a recent pic Becky! Okay ladies I added my pics - your turn!!

ETA: some pics!
They all happened to be wearing red last weekend so I asked Sam to take a pic .

Oliver at his kindy breakup with a couple of harlequin beatles

Jonah has just started showing an interest in writing his name - he was practicing and I took a photo as am excited for him!

Getting too hot to sleep in anything but a nappy (just Layla that is )

Last edited by mum74; December 8th, 2010 at 03:05 AM.
December 8th, 2010, 06:09 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lenore, beautiful pics! I love all the kids in red, too cute! Hoping that little hip is all good by 12 months, one less thing to worry about.

December 8th, 2010, 07:13 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Love the pics ladies! I'll upload some soon I promise.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
December 8th, 2010, 08:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Only have a sec, but I LOVE the pics! Thanks for sharing, I'll be back later, kiddos are taking advantage of mama slacking and are throwing things down the stairs, what fun...

December 10th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Cute pics Marie! I see the same pair of underwear making another appearance on the head - whatever keeps 'em amused right!

Layla is sick. It's so muggy and hot here that I thought we'd be finished with all this but she has a virus - red ear, red throat, runny nose, high temp and VERY grumpy my poor girl . Thankfully we have aircon so she has finally gone for a nap in her room in the cool.

December 10th, 2010, 09:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey everyone! I'm been MIA forever, but, I miss you all. I had to stop by and say hi! Oh my gosh, you guys have some of the cutest babies EVER! I just smiled as I read everyone's updates. Max is 14 months old already, but, during my extended absense, I can't remember how to put up pics. Mom brain + Old brain = dumb disaster!

We're doing great! Very busy. Joey is a Freshman, Thomas is in 7th grade, and Robbie is in 4th. Max is into everything. He even put my phone in the toilet today. BAD idea. It's still drying out and making funny noises.

I'll try to catch up so that I can get back into the swing of things. Man, I missed you guys. I can't wait to see Kimberley's pics of her new little guy. Wow...time has flown, hasn't it?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search