Week of January 1/2-1/8

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 3rd, 2011, 08:15 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Whats up???

Birthday week for us!! CJ's b-day is Saturday so heavy into party prep. I hope people actually come.

Other than that not much this week!

January 3rd, 2011, 04:52 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
CJ's one!! I would so be there!!

Not much here, I'm got a crazy sinus infection which I refuse to treat, we have our first u/s this Wed at 9 weeks (we're terrified), and N's back to preschool today. Busy year ahead already!

Lucky mother to five!

January 3rd, 2011, 09:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Busy week for my family. Mom starts chemo, my uncle H goes for a consultation regarding his colon cancer (he is my goddaughter's papaw) and Katie is cutting teeth (molars among other things)

January 4th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
((hugs)) Beth

Lucky mother to five!

January 4th, 2011, 09:58 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi ladies! I'm still alive here, just been super super busy. Was finally diagnosed with having an Upper Respiratory Infection which ended up also giving me an eye infection to. All better now, just a lingering cough. Thankfully Mark only got the eye infection part and a little cough, so he's all better now too. Work is crazy for me. We loved our first Christmas with Mark. I do have lots of pics, but haven't had a chance to upload. Here's a couple of pics we had done for our Christmas cards though to share.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
January 7th, 2011, 03:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies! Beth, hope your mom goes okay after her first round of chemo. It must be scary for you all.

Marie, how did your u/s go? Hope all is well and that you'll let us know if there's one or two little ones .

Glad you're feeling better Becky and wow, Happy Birthday to CJ for this weekend!!

AFM, we've been back home for about 5 days but I haven't updated because have had so much going on, wouldn't know where to start!

So, news in brief ...

New Zealand was amazing! What a beautiful country and only 3.5hrs flight from where we live in Australia so we will have to go back! It did rain a lot but it didn't ruin the trip and the wedding day was the only sunny day so it worked out perfectly . The wedding was lovely - about 30 people with an outdoor ceremony, outdoor playground for the kids (about six kids in total plus two babies). Just a nice, small wedding and to top it off, the bride announced she was 20 wks pregnant !! She's 38 and I last saw her in person in Dec 08 in England and knew they wanted a babe then so I guess I sort of thought maybe it wasn't going to happen so this is awesome, exciting news! The small part we saw of NZ has me raving about it to everyone - beautiful scenery, Wellington (capital city) was very small and laid back, easy to walk around (well if you didn't have kids in tow!).

Okay this was meant to be brief and it's not going to be! We got home, I spent the following day washing clothes and repacking and we headed for the beach for Christmas with my family (and dh's Dad over from England too). We had a lovely time. There was ALOT of rain (don't know if you've heard anything about the flooding in Queensland at the moment - Rockhampton which I heard mentioned on international news, is where i went to high school). Anyway where we were we had a lot of rain but were unaffected by the floods - my parents property was cut off both sides so they were unable to get home.

Thankfully my brother was there looking after my parents' property. He moved things higher in sheds where he could. The flood waters came up higher than ever before and there was water under the house (we are a long way from our creek). Mum and Dad had moved most cattle to higher ground as a precaution before they went so thankfully their livestock losses are small at the moment.

Dad's horse died . He was in a safe spot but I guess you never know with animals - all the fences were knocked down with the force of the flood water and he could have gotten spooked. My brother found him alive with a big gash on his leg, treated it as best he could (the vet couldn't come as the roads were blocked) but the next day he was dead . 35 young bulls were washed down a creek (also in a safe place but must have gotten in trouble once fences were down) - 25 have been found alive so far by farmers further down so this is great news. They've heard of people who have lost all their livestock so they know they are actually lucky and are not complaining about all the cleanup work they will be doing.

Anyway it's turning into a mini novel so I'll leave it there and hope you are all having a good week! I will have to post a load of photos from NZ, Christmas, the floods... I guess I'll post that in the holiday post when I get a chance!!

ETA: I posted NZ pics in the holiday thread but have just posted some xmas pics to facebook and it gives a public link - so much quicker for me to do this if it works. I don't think you need facebook to take a look - can someone let me know if it works?? thanks!

Christmas 2010 | Facebook

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!

Last edited by mum74; January 7th, 2011 at 05:12 AM.
January 7th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The link works, Lenore. Gorgeous pictures.
Thanks to everyone for the thoughts and prayers.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search