Week of 1-30 thru 2-5

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 31st, 2011, 06:56 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Whats going on ladies??

Here we are just hunkering down for what they are telling us is going to be one heck of a winter storm. We are suppose to get about an inch or so of ice/sleet today and tonight then it's suppose to turn into 12-18 inches of snow tomorrow.
Even predicting some thunder snow tomorrow.

Other news, we scheduled CJ's surgery (tubes) for the 11th, so waiting for that. Hoping it helps with his walking, since his issue seems to be balance more than anything else.

February 1st, 2011, 08:42 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you stayed safe in the storm, Sam! It looks massive on the weather maps. We got a little ice but for the main part, it seems to be missing our area. North though is going to get hit hard.

Happy February everyone! So hard to believe a month is gone already for 2011. Where does the time go? Mark will be 9 months old tomorrow and we're still working on baptism plans. After that I'm sure I'll have to start working on bday prep as time just gets away from me lately. Work is still busy, but I do expect that to start slowing in the next month or so.

How's everyone doing? Staying healthy & warm I hope.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
February 1st, 2011, 12:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sam~ Sorry about the snow, hope the tubes help CJ's walking.

Becky~ Can't believe Mark is already 9 months. Where has the time gone?

AFM~ Katie was feeling yucky last night (her great aunt decided that she needed a snack before bed and overloaded her stomach) so neither of us got much sleep. Fortunately, I did not have to work today. I did have a mammogram this afternoon though. The tech said it looked fine although she had to get the paperwork faxed showing I was having a doctor recommended baseline mammogram (even though since my mother has breast cancer. . HELLO! maybe I should get the baseline prior to October). Ugh, sometimes hosptial procedures really frustrate me.

Hope everyone is staying safe and warm. Take care in the snow those of you in the snowy areas of North America and remember, no matter what the groundhog sees or does not see, it is still roughly 6 weeks until spring. I vote we all go stay with Lenore in Australia next winter and just avoid the snow altogether.

February 3rd, 2011, 05:18 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I second that vote of staying with Lenore!!!

Mark's appt went well yesterday. He's still considered a petite baby, on the small side of the growth charts but the doctor isn't worried. It's not like he has giants for parents anyway. I'm barely at 5ft, the bio father is 5ft 8in, so we already didn't expect him to have a career as a professional basketball player. Everything is in proportion so doctor is happy. He now weighs 16 pounds 2 ounces, is 26 1/2 inch long and head circumference is 17 7/8inches. He's got a cute round tummy and chubby legs so he's a happy healthy baby. I was so happy that there were no shots this visit as it coincided with naptime so he was getting a bit cranky at the end of the appt which is when they typically do the shots.

Weatherwise, we are cold & breezy here but thankfully got missed by the snow/ice. I hope the ladies affected by the massive storm are staying warm & safe.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
February 12th, 2011, 03:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You're welcome to come ladies! It still gets cold but definitely no snow or icy roads where I am . Stay safe everyone!

The heatwave continues over here and we've used the airconditioning every day in the past week.

Layla finally almost has her first tooth!! I can see it sitting just below the gum and I can even feel it but it just hasn't cut through. She is having a wonderful time crawling around our garden in the afternoon chasing after the boys.

I will have to post some pics. I stupidly only just discovered how to copy and paste multiple photos at a time from photobucket to JM!! I always copied and pasted one photo at a time before - so stay tuned for too many photos now I know how to do it .

Here's one... Layla enjoying some lunch!! I was doing baby led weaning but with the flooding over here, I went to grocery shop one day and the shelves were COMPLETELY empty of any fruit or vege! I didn't want Layla to miss out on her veges so I bought some jars which had a mashed consistency and guess what...she loves it! She eats way more veges this way so I bow to her and give her mashed veges with pureed meat now - totally done it backwards and wrongly haven't I - oh well!

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!

Last edited by mum74; February 12th, 2011 at 03:17 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search