Weekly 04/17 - 04/23

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 18th, 2011, 08:57 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Guess a weekly is needed. I haven't started one in a while.

Hi ladies! I keep meaning to catch up with all of you, but never seem to have the time, and I've been in a emotional slump lately with a few things. To begin with, I'm staying super super busy at work again, and home isn't much easier. I've been sick again (I think it's mainly allergies though), Mark is teething bad, and DH has been sick, which is the worst thing E.V.E.R. (according to him) Grrrrrr - what is that makes men such big babies when they're sick??? Add Easter and all the church stuff lately to the mix, and I'm surprised I have any hair left on my head.

But I'm still here, just been lurking on our wonderful board lately, and not posting. I am trying to do better with that. I may do a post on the main board as well, but just to give some of the other reasons for my lurking more then posting lately here beyond being super busy, is with whether DH & I will TTC again. We would both LOVE to give Mark a sibling, and have been WTTC for at least 1 year, and were looking at maybe waiting another year just so we can use the same daycare provider. Crazy reason I'm sure to others, but for us Kim only has 2 spots for children under the age of 2 and we would need to wait for a spot to fit another one in as she just started watching another baby this week (Carter was born end of January) and Dylan (the 3 year old she currently has) will be having a sibling born in May that she'll start watching him once Mark is 2. So we'll have to wait until Carter is 2. Whew, is that hard to follow? It was hard enough to type out. LOL! Well once we figured out the timing, which would have to basically be another year-ish. I decided to check back with the other online board I had joined when we started looking into the donor sperm bank. It is a private board for members who have used or are currently using the bank. Well to my total surprise, all ****has broken loose and the bank is indefinitely closed and may not reopen at all. There are others out there, but our plan was to use the same one and use the same donor to. It was so emotionally hard choosing a bank and especially the donor last time, and the thought of having to go through that again just makes me want to cry. Mark is so utterly perfect, and I know that even using the same donor again will not guarantee a repeat, but we were really really wanting to have a full sibling for him. I'm so torn right now. We may explore adoption again, but right now just don't know. So for now, we're putting all talks about it on hold.

So on to other things, beyond that . . . I'm good. I'm pushing myself to get back on here regularly, as I can support & cheer for all you wonderful ladies!!! I'll just be living through all of you again. And I just hope work slows down this week so I can enjoy this holiest of holidays. MIL leaves for Greece on May 2nd, which is Mark's bday so we're having a small & quiet bday with her before she goes. The following weekend, DH & I will have a bday cookout at our place to celebrate with everyone else.

Now that I've rambled on & on, I hope everyone's week is starting off okay.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
April 19th, 2011, 03:18 PM
CaseyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to CaseyM
OMG Becky...what a mess...Hope that things slow down a little soon for you. As for the men, who knows....they are on "deaths door" when they get sick and just lay around and do nothing while "recoupping" but we have to still get everything done around the house and the kid(s) and work...I know...hope everyone feels better soon...

AFM...just waiting on AF to show her ugly face so that I can get this party started...Just need to call the doc's on Day 1 and say let's go. I'm just hoping that it isn't on Easter because the pharmacies are all closed so I wouldn't be able to start my meds until day2 but the nurse said that it shouldn't matter, but you never know.
DH is talking about remodeling the house. We have a cape and want to put a dormer on the back. He said that if this works, then we will probably look at doing it next summer. But if no BFP, then maybe this summer. It will make the upstairs to much bigger and we will have lots of room to put another child, but who knows. His dad will be able to do almost all of it for us. The hard part will be having to move EVERYTHING out of the bedrooms and put it all downstairs for the time of remodel. Oh well...

Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter and a peaceful week with little to sicknesses....

Love to share pics on my facebook....

casey cochran melanson
April 20th, 2011, 05:14 AM
Casey - I hope AF shows for you soon, so you can get started. The remodel sounds like such a project, but it will open up your upstairs really good. I lived in a cape cod style house in the mid 90s and it was amazing what a dormer added to the living space. I know it'll be a pain moving everything downstairs, but it will be worth it once it's done. And so happy that his Dad can do alot of it for you, that should save some $$$.

April 20th, 2011, 05:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Becky~ Sorry things have been so crazy. I agree that men are total babies when it comes to them being sick.

Casey~ Hope you get AF soon. Glad your FIL can do some of the renovation work because everything is so expensive now.

AFM~ Katie had her first ear infection and of course, she never does anything halfway so it was a double ear infection. She has a follow up at the pedi this afternoon. I am a bit irked at him because due to a new computer system being totally confusing to his office staff, we had to take Katie to the ER instead of his office for her ear infection. Of course his receptionist/scheduling person is my cousin's ex wife so it doesn't take much to baffle her (total moron).

April 20th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Very quick update-I'm on an aircard the past week until my internet gets fixed so I'm really sparse, I'm also on evenings with my students, the IL's are coming Thursday night, and dh and I are doing Holy Week at the Church as we're receiving our Catholic Sacraments on Saturday night, phew!
Be good!!
April 21st, 2011, 06:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Update on Katie: We had to change the antibiotics because the amoxicillin just wasn't doing s&^% and she was actually no better than she was when we took her to the ER on Friday. Anyhow, she is on the liquid version of the 'z pack', which after only one dose seems to have made her feel better. Of course, the antibiotic shot she got in her leg yesterday could have helped her trip on the road to recovery too. I am just so happy that she will feel better for Easter.

April 21st, 2011, 06:20 AM
Beth - poor little Katie. What a time to go overboard and get a double ear infection. **hugs** Yuck about having to take Katie to the ER instead of the pedi. That is nuts. I know up here you wait & wait for hours in the ER. I hope you didn't have to wait that long for Katie.

Marie - hope you enjoy this week & that you're internet gets fixed soon.

AFM - this week is busy at home, but thankfully quiet here at work. With all the holidays hitting this week as well as spring break from school alot of my coworkers took days off or even the entire week. It's been nice. I know next week it'll be crazy to make up for it, but I'm enjoying this while I have it. I decided to take off early yesterday too, so we all enjoyed some extra hours at home in this gorgeous spring weather we're having lately. And we decided to do some yardwork before church, DH mowed the grass for the first time, and boy was that exhausting. It was still damp from all the rain we've had lately and extra thick. It took close to 2 hours and then we ran out gas and had to go out to get some. MIL & I also got some of our flowers planted to. We put Mark in his activity center that we brought outside and placed in the driveway. That way he could see all of us but not be "helping us" or escaping down the driveway. That little guy can crawl FAST! We need another set of plants and we'll be done with planting. Last year I couldn't do much being very pg at this time, and then recovering from the c-section, and then it got unbearably hot so I didn't plant any flowers last year. It looked so bare, so didn't want another year like that.

April 22nd, 2011, 12:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Becky, I'm so sorry about the clinic. As if all you went through to have Mark wasn't enough . I hope you aand Tony can reach a decision you both feel good about. Hugs and Prayers to you. Your weather sounds great, send some my way! Yesterday we had 5 inches of snow....(It's April 22! Give up!), today is rain and cold cold cold.

Beth, hugs to you and Katie! Ear infections are no fun. I tried an old garlic reciepe with Travis last week and it worked, or at least the pain subsided for a few days until I could get him to the doctor. BTW Beth, I've been thinking of your mom, how is she doing?

Casey, good luck on your house! We are just finishing up 3 years of remodeling here, and we are DONE! But I love it. Good luck on the TTC front. Let us know how it goes.

Marie, good to know why we haven't seen you much...I was starting to worry this morning about you.

AFM, it's been a busy crazy week. We had 5 pinkeyes, 2 double ear infections, and a sinus infection (that was Andy, and I agree, men and sickness....don't get me started, hehe). But we are all on the mend now, thank goodness. I have had all day sickness for the past 18 weeks, but I *think* it might be letting up. The past 3 days, I've not been so exhausted that I needed to take a nap, and my dinner/lunch has somewhat stayed down. But with the kiddos being sick, you all know how it is, night time is BAD. So I got little sleep and that didn't help. But we are all doing much better.

We find out in 2 weeks what this baby is! I'm so excited. I'm very sure it's a BOY....but we'll find out for sure than. I would be shocked if it's a girl. We really don't care either way, we have 4 of each so it really doesn't matter. We are more concerned that mama is feeling okay, and that baby is doing well. I'll let you know!

Have a good Easter everyone! The kids and I were in prayer earlier...it's a blessing to share that with them. We are having my inlaws over for Sunday Easter dinner, so I need to clean!

April 22nd, 2011, 06:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Mari ~ Sorry Andy and the children have been sick. Glad everyone is on the mend. I agree that it is a blessing to share prayer time with your children.

Marie~ Hope you get internet fixed soon.

Becky ~ Post pictures of your flower beds. We just haven't done anything with ours yet this year. Flowerbeds and gardening are two things that Mom and I enjoyed doing together and I just haven't had the energy to start them without her.

Mom is doing okay. She has roughly 6 weeks of chemo left and then a month of radiation. She is tired (but she tends to think she is superwoman and over exerts herself) which makes her feel blah. She got all weepy about not being able to help me take care of Katie while Katie was sick. I reminded her that my sister and aunt (Mom's youngest sister) were helping out and that no one but Gran could give Katie 'grandma hugs' so she was doing her part to take care of our sick little princess.
As for Easter, my sister and I are planning to cook, but Mom will likely come in and insist on taking over if she halfway feels like it because she considers the kitchen her domain and unless she is feeling pretty rotten, she wants to be in it doing at least part of the cooking.

April 26th, 2011, 01:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow so much going on with everyone! I won't get to everyone so I'll start at the top with Becky at least!

I know Becky you said you're putting all ttc/adoption talks on hold for now so hope I'm not being rude in just putting some things out there as 'food for thought'! Devil's advocate if you will... first of all, it totally sucks about the donor bank having problems and possibly closing. I guess I always went along also thinking that you would be able to use the same donor again, so can only imagine how devastating it was to hear you might not be able to.

Okay, now.... of course I'm not against anyone WTTC for whatever their reasons are!! But, just wanted to throw some what ifs out there seeing as one of your big reasons revolves around one person.

What if, Mark's daycarer has plans to quit family daycare in a year's time. Or what if, unexpectedly, she fell sick and was unable to continue her daycare work and you had delayed your ttc based on her and then it fell through anyway. What if, in a year's time, just before you got pregnant, she was approached by another family who ended up being due before you and said yes to them, and if therefore you were left looking for a new carer anyway? Or if, ttc takes a little while and you're a 'year behind' (or a year behind on adoption plans if you went that way) because you waited.

Even if she, with all honesty and goodwill can tell you she'll definitely be doing daycare for the next 'x' amount of years, she cannot know what her own future holds so I guess I'm thinking about you focusing only on what your future may hold and then crossing all fingers and toes that things will work out with the daycare, but not making that a reason to hold off.

I know these are negative things to bring up.... I guess it's just that if you put her aside, took her out of the equation so to speak.... would you still wait to ttc? If the answer is yes then Yay, glad you have a plan . But if you take her out of the equation and it changes the end result then please keep thinking on the waiting...

I'm sure I'm saying it all wrong and I hope it doesn't sound offensive or anything. I'm just trying to put some things out there to think about because I care about you so I hope I haven't overstepped the mark in a big way .

Okay have to keep going as we have gotten back from easter/school holidays and I have lots to do before tomorrow but I'll try to get back on later...

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!

Last edited by mum74; April 26th, 2011 at 01:48 AM.
April 26th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Becky has pm'ed me so I'll move on to everyone else now . Gorgeous siggie of Mark too .

Glad your Mom is doing okay Beth. And little did you know of course, but how lucky you moved and are able to support her during this time. Poor Katie being sick - did the Easter bunny come and make her feel a bit better??

Hope AF has shown now Casey.

Mari I hope you start to feel better soon! I don't know how you do it feeling lousy week in, week out and looking after so many sick kiddos too.

Hi Marie!

Oh dear I have just made Layla cry her heart out. She has a nasty mozzie bite on her leg and I just looked down and saw her picking it so I said 'No don't scratch that' and she got the biggest fright (like when you get caught out doing something you know you shouldn't!) - poor darling! I think I'll have to put a bandaid on it to stop her scratching at it.

She's had a nasty cold for the last couple of weeks but has still been reasonably cheerful. She's been walking for a few weeks now, she started saying 'no' and 'yes' last week and she blows kisses with a big 'mwah'!! We feel like she is just a sponge at the moment! We were brushing the boys teeth last night and dh told Jonah to say 'ah'. then Layla came up to dh and said 'aah', so dh opened his mouth and Layla tried to stick the comb she was holding in his mouth to brush his teeth!
As always, we're just in love with her!

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search