Weekly 05/08 - 05/14

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 9th, 2011, 07:21 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First - Happy Mother's Day (1 day late ) to all you lovely ladies!!!

Now, updates?? pics???

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
May 9th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have to share a few photos of Katie from yesterday.
Katie in her dress before church

Katie letting Papaw know it is time to get going. lol

Katie and Papaw at the Park.

May 10th, 2011, 05:34 AM
Beth, she just gets more & more cute!!!

May 10th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Katie is so sweet!

Nothing new here, I'm now 27 weeks, baby will be here in 11 weeks, still no basement finished therefore no place for this child to sleep. Oh well, right?
Otherwise looks like I've picked up a headcold, but the snow is gone, and I've got stuff in the greehouse! Looks like we'll plant potatoes this week
May 11th, 2011, 03:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Happy Mother's Day! Didn't realise it would be the same date in America.

Great pics of Katie with her PawPaw Beth .

Marie, wow, 27weeks...downhill stretch now!!

Hi Becky

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
May 11th, 2011, 06:39 AM
Wow, Marie, you are in the home stretch now. I hope you're able to get the basement finished at some point.

Hi Lenore! Was Mother's Day the same date in Australia? I can't remember when the different holidays are all the time. I miss that gorgeous calendar I had from you that one year, where it listed them all.

AFM - it's super busy here at work, but I am getting things done. This week it's been busy coordinating with managers for 5 positions, making sure interviews are done and selections made. Trying to place employees from other county departments to avoid laying off as many as we can. 2 of the 5 are complete with selections made. And 1 of those 2 has accepted the offer. Yay!! Hoping the others will be done today & tomorrow, as I'm off work Friday and Monday - have a 4 day weekend. Daycare is closed and DH took the days off to so we're going to enjoy some time off together. Not going anywhere, just hanging out around the house. May go testdrive the new Hyuandi Sonata Hybrid car. It looks pretty cool and since we just spent over $3000 in car repair bills we realize it's about time to replace the car. We commute quite a ways, so looking for a fuel efficient car, but also don't want a teeny tiny one either. It's hard enough getting the carseat in the ones we have now.

With the unexpected car repair bills and the fact that international travel is so darn expensive, we've put off our plans to take Mark to Greece this summer. We still hope to do a vacay here when daycare is closed again, that'll be a week or 2 in the July or August, but not sure what we'll do. Thinking of heading out west, or into Canada, not sure exactly yet. DH & I talked the other day about it and if we head to Washington State, we may even try to see JessicaC. Jess is doing okay, she's been super busy lately, but says she is going to try to get back on here in the next month or so. She had a super scary health incident last month, but is starting to get back to normal now. Her & DH & cute Jaylen are hoping to come out to visit us in late October, can't wait!!

What else haven't I updated you ladies on - Mark's 1 year checkup was last Friday May 6th. It went well. He's still a little guy, weighs 17 pounds 2 ounces, and is 28 inches long. His height & head circumference are on the chart but on the low end, but his weight now is below the charts. The doc isn't concerned though, she says he's just a little guy and is perfectly healthy so we don't need to be concerned. We actually still have him in the infant carrier car seat. MIL had bought a convertible seat that will convert to a booster and goes up to 100 pounds for his bday before she left for Greece, but it's still sitting in the box for now. The current carseat goes to 22 pounds, and we're going to use that until he outgrows it either in length or weight first. Mark is speed crawling all over the place these days, and of course the furniture cruising too. And he's just started walking on his knees, which is so funny to see. He'll walk holding our hands, so I know it won't be long before he's off & running on his own. (I may invest in a leash then )

I'll do a separate post with some pics from Mark's bday party. We did a small low key event, but I do have some cute pics of him demolishing his cake. He made a mess, but did eat quite a bit of it and then was of course bouncing off the walls later from the sugar. We also ending up hosing him down in the tub afterwards too.

So now that I've rambled on & on, I'll stop. So, How's everyone else? Any vacay plans this summer (or winter for Lenore)?

May 11th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Ladies!
Glad to see all the updates and pictures

As for me, I found out we are having a little BOY! I was so sure of it, and now we can start getting things ready for him a little bit. I'm about 21 weeks, so time is just flying by. Our hospital also does 3d pictures for us of the ultrasound, so we got some great pictures. When we saw him, both Andy and I were like," Its Nathan". This baby looks so much like our last little boy, who is 2. It was almost scary. But very good otherwise, all parts and everything looked good.

We are finally, finally, gettting some spring here. Andy has been busy with work, and it always feels likes there's 100 things to do around here. Even though it's cold, the grass needs to be mowed. It's about a 3 hour job, we have a big yard. Andy was getting the mower ready last weekend and he emptied the gas and oil tanks and had it sitting in ice cream pails,, and turned his back for a second and our little one who turned 3 on Mother's Day poured the oil into the gas tank. So he got that out (that's a whole nother story) and than the little boys left the lights on over night and killed the battery. So we got that fixed last night. Than Andy went to haul some compost up to the garden on the bobcat and the boys somehow managed to break the clutch on the mower. Unreal those boys, they sure keep us on our toes It's hard to believe we will have 5 boys 6 and under when this one comes, plus two girls in there. Thank goodness we have the two "older" girls, who are 10 and 9. They are so helpful.

Hope everyone is well!

May 12th, 2011, 02:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow Mari, you surely do have your hands full with those mischievous boys! And congrats on another boy!

Becky, dh bought a new car a couple of months ago. He travels a long way to work too (well I think it's a long way - it's over an hour each way in stop start traffic which is just frustrating!). Anyway it has made his journey to work much nicer which I'm glad about . He still got a small car (VW Polo) - it's going to struggle to fit 3 carseats when I return to work next year (I'll do most drop offs and pick ups but he's going to need to help a bit!) - but he also goes for fuel economy considering how far he travels and the cost of fuel just going up and up.

Glad Mark had a good checkup and that the doc wasn't concerned about his stats. I figure there is always something to worry about if you choose to! When Layla had her 1yr stats done with her vaccinations last week, the doc said her height had dropped from the 75th to the 25th percentile...she said 'Hmm, you're quite tall. How tall is your husband?' (6'2") 'She's dropped a lot in a short time......Hmmmmm' Aggggh!!!!!! The next week she went to the paediatrician to see what the results of her latest hip xray were and he of course said all her stats were perfectly fine! It just depends who you talk to . Glad your Doc is the relaxed type! After all, someone has to be in the upper and lower ranges of these percentiles right?

Anyway that would be exciting if you finally get to meet Jessica in person . Not good to hear of the scary health incident, hope she is going okay now.

And how could I forget....I'm an aunty again as of today! My little bro's partner had a baby boy (Jesse) today! Little brother for Esther who is almost 2. I'm so excited - they live 3 hrs drive away so I'll let them have some peace this weekend and then go for a weekend visit next weekend (won't stay with them - will stay down the road with my mum).

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!

Last edited by mum74; May 12th, 2011 at 02:18 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search