I'm out of the hospital

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 23rd, 2011, 04:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Ladies, I thought I'd give you all a quick update. I ended up going into the hospital Thursday morning in very bad pain. Since I've had kidney trouble during pg before they wanted to check those first. They gave me an iv and within about 3 hours I was able to give a urine sample. It came back clean, which is really good news, but didn't explain why I had so much pain. I had terrible terrible stomach pains, contractions, fever, diareaha, vomiting, all the fun stuff. They monitored the contractions and gave me morphine for the pain. By about 5 pm, they thought it was a nasty nasty flu virus, but thought I had an infection of some bacteria in my body based on some lab work. So they decided to do another round of labs and found out my white blood cell count was 22,000......very high in some sort of platelets indictating infection. So within an hour I met the surgeon and was in surgery for my appendix, and that's what the problem was. He said it was within hours of rupturing. I feel so lucky. I was in the hosptial from Thursday to Sunday night and am now home. They had to make the old fashioned incinsion type because of baby. I was really worried about baby, because he goes to sleep when they put me under, but the doctor said we had to take the risk of going into labor. But it all came out okay. I'm still dealing with contractions and am very limited on what I can do. I'm spotting on and off with the contractions. Everytime I get up, they come back. And little baby boy lays right under the incision and....kicks. Man, that hurts. Plus with the contractions on the incision, I'm in a little pain . But please pray for our little boy, he's way to little to make it on his own yet. I'm only 22-23 weeks. He needs a lot longer. We have been blessed by people bringing food and watching our other kiddos, I feel so fortunate. Anyway, that's where we are at.

Thanks ladies!

May 23rd, 2011, 07:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Lurking...and sending lots of good thoughts your way Mari. I'm sure there are lots of mama's in our PR who would want to pray for you too. KUP! Take care of yourself.

Thank you luv2bemommy for the blinkie
May 23rd, 2011, 08:16 PM
**Nicole**'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am just dropping in to say that you are in my prays
May 23rd, 2011, 08:31 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh wow. Thinking of you, hoping everything is okay now that they took that appendix out!

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
May 23rd, 2011, 08:31 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh Mari, stay in there baby boy--we don't want to meet you at all just yet ((hugs)) love and prayers for you mama
May 23rd, 2011, 09:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh Mari!!!!! I hope your little guy stays in there! How crazy! I hope you feel lots better soon.

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
May 23rd, 2011, 10:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to misscari Send a message via Yahoo to misscari
Sending lots of T&P for your family, hope the little guy is able to stay put for a while longer!

Thank you to claire1979 for my adorable siggy
May 24th, 2011, 05:58 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh Mari sweetie, you poor dear to be going thru all this. Big hugs from all of us!!! Stay put baby boy, we don't want to meet you quite yet.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
May 24th, 2011, 06:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hugs, Mari. Tell that young man to stay put until autumn.

May 24th, 2011, 06:43 AM
Regular
Sending lots of prayers that your boy gets comfy again. My mom had to have her gallbladder removed when she was also about six months pregnant with my sister (back in 1980!), and even though it was risky, she recovered and she went to term. I hope that you get lots of help with your other little ones so that you can rest.

[/url]
May 24th, 2011, 07:03 AM
Indymommy7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh, how awful! Sending good thoughts your way, as well as healing!

Mother to Chad 19, Alexa 18, Jeremiah 16, Madelyn 13, Korinne 6, Sky 3, and introducing baby Linden 1/17/12

Thanks for the beautiful siggy
May 24th, 2011, 08:53 AM
rebeccabaltimore and more's Avatar (rebeccabaltimore)
We're thinking of you and baby, hopefully your recovery will be quick and he'll stay put!

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

May 24th, 2011, 10:50 AM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am sorry you are going through all of this. I hope he stays put and you keep getting help around the house.

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

May 25th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh wow that sounds awful. so glad they found out what the problem was and so good that you have people bringing food and looking after the kids for you so you can rest. Can they give you something to help stop the contractions?

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
May 25th, 2011, 06:54 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
oh Mari i'm so glad they caught it before it ruptured (my mom's did and that's very scary situation)...you and your LO in my T&Ps...try to get plenty of rest & KUP on how you're doing. HUGS

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
May 25th, 2011, 10:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks so much ladies

I'll probaby be mia for a bit while my strength comes back. We luckily have had help, but tomorrow morning I'm on my own, until my FIL comes at lunch. We have had great church support, lots of meals, prayers, and help with the kiddos. We are so blessed. God has taken such care of me and little one. We really stand in awe.

THanks again ladies

May 26th, 2011, 06:54 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for checking in sweetie!! We all understand you being MIA. So happy you've got some support. Update when you can.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
May 27th, 2011, 06:23 AM
CaseyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to CaseyM
Oh Marie....I know how hard that it...I went through it too, but I wasn't quite as far along...I'm glad that they figured everything out. You are in my thoughts and prayers and I hope that the little one settles down for you....

Love to share pics on my facebook....

casey cochran melanson
June 2nd, 2011, 07:00 PM
Sota's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so glad you have lots of support. I hope you are feeling better and your baby stays put for awhile.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search