Weekly Update 05/29 - 06/04

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 31st, 2011, 06:26 AM
Sasix's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We've not done this recently, so we're way overdue. Updates please? Pics? How's everyone doing?

With me it's busy, busy, busy at work lately but I am getting stuff done too. Sometimes I feel like I'm spinning in circles with nothing to show for it. My baby boy is almost 13 months old now, and I've not even posted any of his bday pics. I think I put some on facebook, but don't think I have all of you there as friends. Let me pull some together & I'll post some to share here as well. DH & I just bought a new car, that's exciting. It's a kia optima and so much bigger then the mazda 3 we traded in for it. Our other wheels are the vw jetta, which is still our main car for commuting back & forth to work in. We drove the kia around alot this weekend and it was fun. I especially liked the cooled front seats. I had never heard of that option before, but this car came with it. Was especially appreciated with the black leather seats and these temps we're having.

Speaking of hot temps, here's a couple of pics of Mark cooling off with water - these were taken at daycare with Mark's buddy "J". She's a few weeks older and is a real cutie even with the swirled up face. I blurred her face before posting this online since I don't have her parent's permission.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
May 31st, 2011, 07:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Katie had her 18 month check up on Monday. She has a double ear infection, bronchitis and a sinus infection. She did not get her vaccination because she was icky sicky but I am willing to wait a few weeks to make sure my girl is all better before we go to the doctor's again (she hates strangers right now. . . okay, she does not hate them but she really, really dislikes them being in her space). I took a quick pic of her and Aunt Bek (who was there with us) but it is sort of blurry and I am trying to get a better one to post.
Mark is such a little cutie. I see he does not seem to enjoy these hot days any more than Katie does unless there is water around.

June 2nd, 2011, 09:40 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi girls, I love these updates

Mark is too cute, love his hair!
Hope sweet Katie gets feeling better, and friendlier

Well, 30 wks here and I finally updated my pg pics from my DDC, check out post #15 of this thread for most current whale-ness---does this shirt make me look 30 weeks pg? Oh and I think he's dropped a bit this past week.
http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...ries-bean.html

oh and why oh why do they make mat shirts with stripes??

Lucky mother to five!

June 3rd, 2011, 04:54 AM
Sasix's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mark loves the water, I'm hoping to inflate his pool this weekend to let him play in it. It's thankfully cooled down some here (we're out of the upper 90s and in the 80s), so I will feel better having him outside more.

Marie, 30 weeks already??? Wow! You look amazing!!! And I don't know why they make mat shirts in stripes or polka dots. I'm not a fan of either pattern. That's probably why I didn't wear too many actual mat shirts. And I love your new siggy. Always fun to see kids playing.

Beth, I hope Katie is feeling better. And can't wait to see more pics of her.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
June 3rd, 2011, 01:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Becky, Our little ones are playing with that exact water table as I type. They love it. Mark is a cutie, as always, and Lila is jealous of all that hair.

Beth, poor Katie to be so sick when it's warm out. Hopefully you don't have hot hot weather right now, tht would be miserable. Hope she feels better soon

Marie, you look smashing . I'm also not a stripes fan, and the shirt I have on is a solid color one, those are my favorite.

As for me, healing up. I had my post op check up andall looks as good as it can. I'm a little worried about it healing to 100% by delivery. My surgeon said the incision is about 1/2 the size of a c/s, I know we have many mommies here who are familiar with that. But I"m trying to take it easy, but it's tough when your the mommy. I usually overdue it, than pay for it at night. It really smarts when the little babe gets under it and squirms and kicks. But I"m not complaining, I'm so thankful that he and I made it through surgery. It still scares me to think of him going to sleep during it.

I'm glad Andy is home for the weekend. I have been able to get in most of the garden, with lots of help from the kiddos. We rely on it so much for food.

My Mark turns 4 tomorrow. I can't believe it. He is our stronger willed child, not much is easy with him , but to us, he's our Mark and God made him perfect.

Hope everyone is well, and I need to update my siggy! Shame on me....it's from Christmas

Have a good weekend.

June 3rd, 2011, 02:01 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad you updated Mari; when I worked in the OR we had quite a few 1-2nd tri moms come though for appy's--they get in there and work really quickly and keep mom pretty light so as not to subject baby through too much--he was under excellent care while you were under. I'd have been scared, too.

I love how you describe Mark as "the strong willed one", certainly not how I describe the worse-behaved of the current day, lol! Guess I have lots to learn

Lucky mother to five!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search