Update time

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 20th, 2011, 06:00 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to BeckyM
How's everyone doing? Updates please.

Marie - I love your new siggy!!!!

With us, I really enjoyed my 3 day weekend. Mark is teething again, so was extra cuddly which is always nice. He's also figured out walking outside with sandals on and was going everywhere this weekend and getting so fast too. He is still better inside with no shoes on. It's a challenge keeping up with him, but so much fun too. I got some great pics this weekend, but forgot to bring the camera card with me to upload. I'll try to do that tonight.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
June 20th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Lila took her first few steps! We are still smiling, it's so cute to see.

We are taking our little guy, who just turned 4 years old, to the doctor today. We needed to have checkup for him and get referrels (if needed) for a screening for possible Autism symptoms We know there is *something* going on with him, and has been for awhile, but we kept thinking he'd grow out of some of it, but now that he's 4, we need to be a little more proactive. Prayers appreciated for our little guy. His name is also Mark. I'll let you all know how it goes!

June 20th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks Becky, I found some inspiration yesterday and decided a new sig was in order. Glad your little man had a nice 3 days with you!

Oh Mari, how stressful and scary-praying for good results.

Quiet weekend here, Nolan had soccer Saturday, dh worked all weekend. Praying we find a renter for the house for July 1st, we had to eat June when our most recent people bailed on us, after signing a rent to own contract. Does everybody suck out there nowadays IRL??

Marie's five kids are now 7,5,4,4 &2!
June 20th, 2011, 07:19 PM
daisygarten's Avatar Jenn ~ Mom of 3+2
Hi Everyone!

Remember me? I have been MIS big time since returning to work in the Fall. Now that summer is officially here, I am determined to claim some "me" time. I'm actually very tense right at this moment, Joshua is wailing his little head off because I've broken down and committed giving Ferber the three day go. I havent slept through the night in almost a year. I'm tired! My 11 month thinks he needs to nurse every time he stirs.

So glad to see pix of these growing little darlings Congrats Mari on number 9--- WOW! Hope to stop in more often

June 21st, 2011, 11:09 AM
Mari - yay for Lila taking steps too. They are so cute to see!!! How did the appointment go for Mark? I will keep you all in my prayers.

Marie - The siggy is adorable!! I hope you find a renter for the house. Renting can be so stressful. We thankfully have a great tenant now, but had a horrible one the 1st time we rented out the condo I owned prior to marrying DH. That "sweet older lady" (in her upper 50s) was fine until her druggie boyfriend got out of jail and ended up selling drugs out of the condo. Unfortunately I'm not joking, it took from Sept to Jan to have an eviction processed through the courts and the place was trashed during that time and the week before the eviction was final the local police even busted down the door in a drug raid.

Jenn - of course we remember you. I was thinking of PMing you lately to see what you were up to. I hope Joshua lets you sleep soon. Mark still wakes up at night too (usually once @ 2:30am) and will nurse, but thankfully not waking every 2 hours. I'll get 7ish hours from him first though, since he goes down around 7-7:30pm. I hope you stop in here more often too.

Here are the pics I was talking about the other day, we were at our little playground in our neighborhood. Mark loves it there.

June 21st, 2011, 06:43 PM
daisygarten's Avatar Jenn ~ Mom of 3+2
OMGoodness Becky! What a horrible ordeal! You always see drama like that unfold on TV but never really think about the owner being stuck with the repair troubles. Sorry... I will from now on! Thanks for the sleep commisseration. Its been a rough year. I feel like I wasn't my best this whole school year. Next one will be different!!

June 21st, 2011, 09:34 PM
Jenn! Welcome back! The twins were still up twice a night at 11 months and finally the NICU follow up docs said enough---they taught us the double pillow method, one pillow per parent on each ear-in two nights they were sleeping 13 hours straight. These little ones sure know how to work their parents over, don't they

We got renters today!! They are renting until Dec then doing a rent to own--just have to deposit the check tomorrow and the bank will clear it right away and they're in for July 1st! We are thrilled! Just a guy, his wife and their cat---I can't believe all of the people with big dogs who want to rent out there, huge dogs in the city in a rental house, I should get double the damage deposit for that! We've been renting 14mos now and no real issues. Though we are taking our last renters to Collections-they came in for April 1st, signed a rent to own contract until December, then said they had to move out for July 1st, and wrote us a bum check for June-the collection agency will take 30% and it'll affect their credit rating--right now we have nothing but a bum check so we can't wait!! We are not the rental people you want to mess with, lol!

June 22nd, 2011, 06:16 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Jenn- Welcome back!!!

Mari- Yay for walkers!! Now the fun really begins!

Becky- yikes on the condo! I got the picture of Mark walking this weekend! Too cute!!

Marie-So happy you got renters! And yes people IRL suck.

AFM=- CJ is a full fledged toddler. He would rather run around outside than anything else. We are on our third week of his new daycare, and things are finally settling in. He's also beginning to self wean from the pacifier which is awesome!
I am back in full TTC mode again, doing a MA cycle, so hopefully it works! Considering every cycle I have done with injectables and IUI I have gotten pregnant, just need to stay pregnant!

June 22nd, 2011, 08:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Jenn, good to see you!

A little update on Mark. We did get a referrel for some evaluations at a therapy center. It's the same place where 2 of our others have gone for speech. We should be getting a family discount soon . She did a little eval of her own on him and thinks it's ADHD. I honestly never thought it was "real". But I know he doesn't relate to others well because he can't calm down. We go next week to have an official eval done and than a plan of therapy. We feel somewhat relieved, but also scared. But I'm excited to see what some behavior/occupational therapy can do to help him and us. So I guess we had a good visit. Thanks for the prayers and thoughts, we would sure appreciate them for the next couple of weeks. Thanks ladies!

June 22nd, 2011, 09:05 AM
SamF--praying for a little sticker for you, CJ likes the attention but he'll need somebody to scrap with later on Come on little sib, we're all waiting for you!!

Mari--I hear you on wanting a discount, I have four in speech, three in EIP, three in physio-good thing its all free here, lol! Praying for a solution for your little Mark, I know meds are often the focus and some kids truly need them to function-praying the best solution for him is found quickly and easily. Its so hard to hear that everything isn't perfect or "normal" with our kids, isn't it? It often makes us really judge if we've done all we could have done, but in reality our kids are turning out perfectly, exactly the way they were meant to be--its kind of selfish for us to think we have had any part in that. ((hugs))

June 22nd, 2011, 03:52 PM
Indymommy7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Things here are alright. Been MIA for a while...lots of reasons

Pregnancy so far, from what I know is okay. Still hanging in there. Having some lovely fatigue and morning sickness but I am not complaining.

Mother to Chad 19, Alexa 18, Jeremiah 16, Madelyn 13, Korinne 6, Sky 3, and introducing baby Linden 1/17/12

Thanks for the beautiful siggy
June 23rd, 2011, 07:34 AM
Jenn - I can look back now & chuckle, but it wasn't fun at the time. We had a lot of damage and didn't see a penny of it back. Oh well, at least we did get to write the loss off on our taxes.

Marie - yay for getting renters!!!

Sam - I'm glad things are settling in for you with the new daycare. And good luck this cycle!! I'm praying so hard for you!!

Mari - good luck next week at the eval. I hope you get some guidance on the best choices for Mark, whether it be meds, therapy, or a combo of both.

Wendy - good to see you sweetie! I've been wondering how you're doing & what you've been up to. I hope everything is okay. I'm glad your pg is going good.

AFM - things are good. It's hot & miserable with the weather, but to be expected for summers here. We tend to stay Hazy, Hot & Humid. I'm looking forward to a week off in July. Our closest friends will be having their baby tomorrow, so that's exciting too. She has a c-section scheduled for 11 tomorrow morning. Other then that, it's the same ole same ole in my neck of the woods. Just trying to stay cool & out of the sun.

June 23rd, 2011, 07:02 PM
got to see baby bean today! finally got a few good pics, but he's very hidey and scrunched up, feet by his ears

June 24th, 2011, 05:35 AM
Awwww, I loved seeing Mark during the u/s. Did you get any pics?

June 24th, 2011, 11:04 AM
they were finally able to get some fuzzy pics, couldn't the last two times at all, he's got his hands and feet by his face and his cord in front of his face, very cute from what I can see! I'll load to pb and post here tonight

June 24th, 2011, 11:28 AM
I look forward to seeing them.

June 24th, 2011, 06:16 PM
they're really bad, this is the best one, he's got a sweet little Noley nose!

Last edited by Just_Marie; June 24th, 2011 at 06:20 PM.
June 24th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Love the pics of all the children including the u/s pic of the newest member of the J family.

Katie is amazing. She does new stuff every day and I am so proud to be her mommy. I need to get a new siggy made, but I am just lazy about uploading to photobucket so I can have pics to use in the siggy request. Hopefully, I will get a new one soon. lol

Hugs to all you awesome older mommies! I am sorry that I did not address each mommy individually, but Katie is wanting some Wiggles on You Tube at the moment.

June 24th, 2011, 06:56 PM
enjoy Beth, it goes by so fast!

June 25th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Marie, that is a great pic!!

and Beth, no apologies needed, go spend as much time as you can with precious Katie. They do grow up so fast.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search