My Monsters in Law are Hurting my DH's feelings and I am Ticked

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 23rd, 2011, 04:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was already on the board so I thought I would rave to you all about DH's parents. His father was going to come down and see Katie this weekend (first time he would have ever seen her. . . not going to get started on that one) but now he says that he and his step daughter who isn't about ready to have a baby will be going to Cherry Point, NC (it's a naval air station, I think) to be with his step daughter who is determined to deliver by the time she is 39 weeks because otherwise it would spoil her 19th birthday. Guess baby's well being does not outweigh teen mommy's need to be out of the hospital in time for her party on July 2nd. Grr. Some girls are too selfish to be mommies and probably should not be allowed to take care of furbabies either. Anyhow, now FIL says he May be able to stop by the area on the evening he is going back to Michigan and see Katie for an hour or two before crashing at his hotel and getting some rest before continuing on his way back home the next morning. Bet ya we won't see him because he doesn't care about Katie and evidently does not care about my darling Mike (DH) either.
Now to the Mother of the Year. . . aka my MIL. She was all "Oh, Mike was so great to come rushing up to Indiana when I was sick that I definitely want Jerry (her bf) and I to stop by and spend a couple of days with you all. I miss my granddaughter so much." Yeah, horse poopy! Anyhow, she just called Mike a few minutes ago and said "Oh, we are leaving Indiana on the 29th going back to Florida. I will call you when we get there." So, she pretty much told him that while she promised him that she would come see our DD, she is a lying skankapotamus.
Honestly, Mike is the only one being hurt in this situation. Katie has my parents, my four aunts and three uncles as well as my cousins by the dozens and their children who think the world pretty much revolves around Miss Katie Sunshine, so my child is not hurting for attention. She has no memories of Mike's mother and would not know Mike's father from the Loch Ness Monster so their not being in her life is no problem as far as she is concerned. When she gets older, I will explain that her father's parents are and always have been totally self absorbed and that it is not a reflection on her.

June 23rd, 2011, 07:10 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh Beth, what a tough situation, and yes it is very hard to see that they can treat their son like that. He's very lucky to have his two girls, and I'm sure he knows that
June 24th, 2011, 05:56 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
((hugs)) That is awful. This makes me even more happy that you have moved away from them, so now only have these occasional incidents to annoy you.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
June 28th, 2011, 10:52 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
UGH, just read this. Feel so bad fro Mike, totally doesn't deserve any of that! But the good thing is they are far enough away that you don't have to deal with them (I also have the self absorbed in-laws)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search