August Updates - Chit/Chat

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 10th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He's just a little string bean, sweet little Mark! If he's happy and healthy, its all good! All my kids are built like elephants, even the preemies

Good morning ladies! Photoshoot got rescheduled to Thursday am, I saw some of her edited stuff on FB, and it looks great! I can't wait!

Lucky mother to five!

August 11th, 2011, 07:53 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I look forward to seeing the pics from the photoshoot. Good luck with it!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
August 11th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I didn't read back, gotta run, just wanted to pop in and say hello to everyone! We are digging potatoes the last few days, and my body is screaming, "Stop you old timer!" Well, at least with the babe getting so big

I can't believe I am down to 5 or 6 weeks.......I'm really not ready yet. But I know it's getting closer, because I'm starting to get nervous about that whole delivery thing. BTDT and yes, it hurts my memory is to clear!

Hope all is well!

August 11th, 2011, 08:34 PM
Mari, just five or six weeks, wow!

Lucky mother to five!

August 12th, 2011, 07:00 AM
Won't be long now Mari!

August 12th, 2011, 06:46 PM
I got my new stove and microwave in today, very nice!!
I LOVE the induction cook top, it had our corn boiling in 90seconds!!

Lucky mother to five!

August 15th, 2011, 07:33 PM
hi girls, how's the week going so far?

Lucky mother to five!

August 16th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I picked corn yesterday and froze 30 quarts yesterday and we are in the process of another 30 quarts today. So tonight it will all be in our freezer, yummy. Of course, we are having sweet corn for dinner tonight, it's the season.

I am planning on picking beans tonight, but we are also baling, so tonight might be putting it up in the barn....hot work. I know Andy won't be letting me lift bales, so I'll get to be the gatorade girl .

We might also casterate our 8 calves tonight if we get time, otherwise hopefully this week, they are starting to get big. I just worry about them being to strong for me to hold and work with. Maybe we can find someone to help.

We are "off" school this week for lessons in freezing, it's a nice break. Our weather is better, low 80's and low humidity. So I'm feeling a little better.

Hope everyone is well!

August 16th, 2011, 10:31 PM
Mari-you remind me so much of my mom, she was also a hard working farm wife-she had me, her fifth baby at 40 and she was hucking square bales the day before she went into labor with me, tough lady!

Lucky mother to five!

August 19th, 2011, 06:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ah thanks Marie, I know your mom means a lot to you

I'm getting pretty tired in the evening, but than can't sleep and am tired in the day.....you all know the cycle

We castrated our calves last night, oh the fun. Although, they had the worse end. Everyone is up and around tonight, so that's good. I'm just going out to pick apples, I'm hoping to get a start on doing applesauce. I'm a few weeks early, but we have a great crop and the poor tree is heavy looking. Plus, we will be doing pears next week. It's nice to have only one fruit at a time to do.

Last night we had corn on the cob. I'll let you guess how many just our family went through........
35...no
43.....no
48....no

Sorry I got kicked out...
We ate 56 ears of corn with dinner!

Wowsa, that's a lot! Diapers today were no fun

DH has been working a lot, so me and kiddos are on our own at night, and I'm beginning to feel it. He was gone 4 out of 5 nights this week, in addition to job during the day. Makes it tough. But we make it though!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

August 20th, 2011, 07:17 PM
CaseyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to CaseyM
OMG Mari...I'm exhausted just reading that...lol

We are doing pretty good here...waiting for the IVF stuff to start...DH has picked up another job and we are hoping that it turns into FT. The pay is really good and I would love to be able to get a "real" job Mon-Fri, none of this weekend and night crap. I know I will have to take a pay cut, but if DH's job works out, then that would be ok.

Had my 20th class reunion last weekend and it was a blast. Saw people (friends/old BF) that I hadn't seen in years. Was fun to try and figure out who everyone was that I didn't recognize right away...Had a couple of drinks...what the heck....lol

Matt is a handful. I think he is starting his terrible 2's early. He is throwing everything he can get his hands on, including his food. And tantrums now too...never really did it before, but been doing it a lot lately. He also discovered that he can climb onto the couch and that's all he does. He also found out that if he stands up he can run laps on the couch (we have a sectional). That's not so good.

Family reunion tomorrow at the beach, should be fun.

Love to share pics on my facebook....

casey cochran melanson
August 20th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Mari~ Your post made me tired, just reading it.
Casey~ Hope DH's job comes through. Glad you had fun at the reunion. Katie is a handful too. Hope you have fun at the reunion.
Marie~ Love the siggy.

This has been a rather tiring week for me. Our reunion was today and even though I didn't know until the 11th hour so to speak that I was the one putting everything together, it actually turned out okay. DH has an MRI on Monday night (dropped L 4 disc) but he says 'my back doesn't hurt. I just can't feel my foot or leg." grrr! Men! What would they do without us to make sure they get stuff checked out? Oh, speaking of medical stuff, I had my first EKG this week. Mention chest pain to my old friend and PCP and she wants to make sure I have not had a heart attack or that I am not on the verge of a heart attack. The EKG came back good by the way, so just going to try to lose some weight and maybe now that my mom is done with her radiation and only has chemo once every three weeks, I won't be under so much stress.
Anyhow, hope everyone has a great week. Mine will be busy since one of the girls is out until after her 6 week pp checkup (she's only 37 weeks, but her doctor took her out of work since she is at 3 cm and 70%). Oh well, at least the extra money will help us get things for Katie's birthday and Christmas.

August 21st, 2011, 05:43 PM
hi girls! we survived our first camping weekend this summer! in all fairness we were only 15 mins from home, but we stayed out the entire four nights! Kids did great and had lots of fun!
Joseph is 28 days old today!

Lucky mother to five!

August 23rd, 2011, 07:34 AM
Mari - you tire me out too. You are amazing and I love hearing about you & your family.

Casey - good luck sweetie!! I hope the job works out for both of you and yay for having fun at the reunion. Boo on those terrible 2s. Mark has had a few tantrums but mainly when he's overtired. I hope that continues.

Marie - I too love the new siggy, and that pic of all your little ones on the floor is amazing. Did you take that pic? and yay for surviving your 1st camping trip!! That must have been so much fun. Pics???

Beth - Sorry that you've had a tiring week. I'm glad the reunion went well, you'll have to post more pics for us. (Loved the Katie kissing a boy one ) I'm glad to see the update on your Mom. I've kept her in my prayers. How long will she be taking the chemo treatments?

AFM - we're okay. Had a week off work, which was very nice, up to the last day when we discovered we had termites in the garage. We had terminex come out last night, Orkin scheduled for tonight and should get the treatment this weekend. Thankfully it is isolated to the garage only, so there's no damage to the house. They ate some cardboard boxes, and a wood shelf in the garage. It took us a few hours to remove all the infested wood/boxes from the garage, and used a spray we had onhand that killed the visible ones. I'll feel lots better once the treatment is done though.

With Mark, he is growing up so fast, I took this pic the other day and was amazed how grown up he is. Our boy is no longer a baby.

August 23rd, 2011, 08:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I stole a minute before jumping in the shower

Everyone sounds busy as we wrap up the summer!

I'll be back later!

August 26th, 2011, 08:25 PM
hi girls-I've been internet-less since Monday, glad to be back!

Yes, I took the pic of the five kids on the floor in the circle, I really wanted to stand on a stool above them but I was trying to stay close to keep Joey safe

I can't believe school will be starting in about ten days for Nolan and Elizabeth!

Lucky mother to five!

August 29th, 2011, 05:48 AM
Having no internet isn't fun. That is a great pic, love the idea of the stool too. And yay for Nolan & Elizabeth starting back to school. Are they excited?

AFM - we're okay. Have no power at the house, but daycare & work does so we're back to that normal routine. Just plan on leaving work earlier then 4 (my typical end time) so we have an extra couple of daylight hours at home. No damage though from the hurricane which we are very thankful for.

August 29th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Becky, I had no idea you were in the path of the storm. Quite honestly, I don't know a thing about it. We are a very tvless family and what little I do on the internet is on JM Hope all is well!

Marie, is Joey really a month already? Wow! How are you feeling Mama?

AFM: I have an appt later today. I'm 36-37 weeks (yikes!) and I haven't been in since I was 29 weeks, so it's needed. I have some cysts on the back of my knee, which are really painful. I can't do stairs well or bend it, so makes for slow going. I went in Friday and they gave me a shot of cortisone (I believe) and it did nothing. I can also feel my thyroid levels needingto be adjusted, but am afraid to adjust them this late in the game. So we will see. I've been having lots of contractions so we'll see if they've done anything, or if they've just been for fun

We are canning more apples this week (we picked this morning), pears, salsa, and spagetti sauce. I'm hoping to have it done in a week, or most of it because we will be getting closer to baby. I feel not ready at all. I need to get out the car set, clothes, bassinet, all that stuff. It will seem more real than, I hope! I've gotten to the point where I'm to scared to have him out, so I'll just leave him there and deal with the late term pg side effects

Hope everyone is well!

August 30th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Mari, it won't be long now!!!

August 30th, 2011, 09:21 PM
I'm so excited for you Mari, hopefully he doesn't plan an early arrival and you have time to get settled and canned in time.

N and E are VERY excited to start school next week! It'll be nice to get back into a good routine again, I think the twins will be a bit lonely

Lucky mother to five!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search