August Updates - Chit/Chat

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2011, 04:58 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Updates please! How's everyone doing? Preggo updates please - we haven't seen any belly pics - Hint! Hint! And how are everyone's adorable LO's.

Am I the only one suprised that it is August already??? Where is this year going to?

Here's a couple new pics of Mark. He's growing up so fast, hard to believe he'll be 15 months old tomorrow.

with me, I don't get in too many pics since I usually have the camera.

With Daddy, he LOVES the water.

Munching away, probably on his cheerios. Still not quite sure what eye color he'll end up with. They're getting dark, and not blue, but not exactly brown either.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!

Last edited by BeckyM; August 8th, 2011 at 05:11 AM.
August 1st, 2011, 10:36 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
awww, he's so sweet Becky!
Will update today
August 1st, 2011, 02:14 PM
here's some newer pics

my five!

first pic with parents!

August 2nd, 2011, 05:15 AM
Awwwwe, Marie, those pics are so precious. You are so blessed with your beautiful family, and I'm so happy for you sweetie.

August 3rd, 2011, 11:48 AM
I can't believe how 6 years ago we had just started into our first month of Clomid ever to TTC#1-wow!
August 3rd, 2011, 02:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You know Marie, God works in ways that amaze me everyday. Every Day.

I am so thrilled for you and your family. I hope you are recovering well and settling in to a new family routine, if there is such a thing

I should update with a new picture of my belly and me. But....I'm in my old skirt and shirt and have been in the garden this morning and moving chickens this afternoon, so I look, lets say, not my best

Hope everyone is well!

August 4th, 2011, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieJ View Post
I can't believe how 6 years ago we had just started into our first month of Clomid ever to TTC#1-wow!
Wow! That is amazing, and with all the struggles you've gone through to get to your 5 under 5 makes this even more precious.

Mari - good to "see" you sweetie!! I can't wait to see some updated pics from you. I hope you're feeling good and handling this heat. Has it finally cooled down for you?

AFM - DH & I played left work early on Tuesday to see Harry Potter. We had a lot of fun, and loved getting home earlier then normal. We decided to skip the National Night Out event our neighborhood was having as Mark was teething bad and wasn't feeling that great. He was down for the night a few minutes before 7 that evening. It was a nice & relaxing evening to end a good day. Mark is working on those pre-molars, he's got 3 and is working on another bottom one. His next appointment is Monday afternoon, he's scheduled for 3 vaccines, poor little man. I'm curious how much he weighs now, he's definitely gotten taller since the last appointment or he's just learning how to reach & stretch more since he's getting into EVERYTHING.

August 4th, 2011, 09:42 AM
good morning ladies!

the sun is out and its looking windy enough to keep the bugs away, we might go outside this afternoon!
August 4th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Yay for sun & heading outside. The sun came back out for us too (was foggy & drizzling this morning) and thankfully cooler temps again so we took a long walk at lunchtime. Fresh air always makes me feel better.

August 4th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
today is the first day in I don't know how long I haven't had the air on here. It is finally cooling down a bit. Thank goodness! My inlaws were over for cake last night for my birthday....I'm now 37!

Hope all is well!

August 5th, 2011, 05:54 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Just popping in to say Hi!! I get wrapped up on the other side of the board, and forget to check over here.
Happy belated birthday Mari!!

August 5th, 2011, 06:23 AM
Happy belated bday Mari!!!

Sam, that's understandable. It is hard sometimes to keep caught up on all the different boards. I'm guilty of that too.

Happy Friday ladies! I hope everyone is starting to cool down now. Those temps were miserable for a while. It's going to be upper 80s/low 90s again for us, so cooler then it has been. Yay! I hope to take another long walk at lunchtime too. I believe we're supposed to have some rain for tomorrow, so we'll probably stick close to the house. We don't have any set plans anyway beyond the typical housework, laundry, errands, etc. On Sunday, we may try to meet up with our friends that had the baby in June. We let them plan our get togethers right now, as we know all to well that those first few months are chaotic with a newborn. I look forward to seeing them when we can. Mark is so sweet with the baby, he usually rubs his head or his feet for a little while, before going back to whatever he was doing. It's adorable.

August 5th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Happy Birthday Mari!

I'm bummed. I've got a serious supply issue again, baby is 12 days old and has lost wt since Tuesday, now I'm on Domperidone and supplementing with formula again-I feel like a failure. I can't even feed my babies.
August 5th, 2011, 06:14 PM
((((Hugs)))) You are not a failure sweetie. There's nothing wrong with supplementing formula, what's best is that little Joey thrives. Do you think the anemia (and I think you also mentioned blood pressure issues), could they also be affecting your supply? Hang in there sweetie!!!

August 6th, 2011, 02:35 PM
I got him weighed today, he gained over 5 ounces in two days, so he was starving before---the meds, anemia, gd, pretty much everything about me is causing the supply issue-this is so frustrating. But he's gaining, and I'm still BF with FF topups, and hopefully the dom will pick things up within the week and we can ditch that stinky formula. Uggg
August 8th, 2011, 05:10 AM
Yay for gaining! I hope the dom works great for you.

Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a good weekend. Ours was good. We didn't do anything much beyond the typical laundry, housework, errands. Ended up not meeting up with our friends, so hopefully we can do that next weekend. So we mainly stayed home. It was nice to relax. I leave work at 2 today for Mark's 15 month appointment. He gets a couple of vaccines too. Poor little man. Other then that, nothing else going on.

How about you ladies?

August 8th, 2011, 08:45 AM
today I'm taking J for a wt, then we have our 2wk pp doc appt--tomorrow I've got a lady coming to the house to do nb and family pics so I've got to go find clothes for that, mostly for me
August 8th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Good luck at your appointments & I can't wait to see those pics.

August 8th, 2011, 09:38 PM
another wt gain!! Joseph is now 15 days old and only one ounce below birth wt!!
August 9th, 2011, 06:30 AM
Yipppeeee!!! Yay for the weight gain! Good luck today with the portrait session. I can't wait to see those pics.

AFM, Mark's 15 month appointment went well. He was a good boy and didn't even cry when he got his 2 shots. Such a big little man. He was a little fussy later that evening at home, but went to bed at normal time and slept all the night with no problems. He's back on the growth chart in the 5% range at his 18 pounds, 10 ounces and is 29 inches length. He gained about 1 1/2 pounds in 3 months. It's typically been around 1 pound in 3 months, so he was a little quicker this time in gaining. He had dropped below the growth chart at his 12 month appointment. The doc is still very happy with him, says he's a healthy happy baby. He's petite, just like his parents are as long as his growth is consistent, she is not concerned. We go back at 18 months, and no shots that time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search