September Updates/Chit Chat!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 1st, 2011, 02:03 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Since we did so well for August, let's keep her going!

Post your updates, pictures, rants, woohoos, whatever! Can we break last month's 41 posts??
September 1st, 2011, 04:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Can't wait to see the pics and hear updates from everyone. Mike got the news back from the company doctor on Tuesday. He has a blown disc in his back and he will have to have surgery. We don't know when as of yet, but just keep praying. I got news this week also that my cousin, who has severe heart and kidney damage, has been diagnosed with esophagal cancer. He did not have a heart or kidney transplant although he was on the top of the list at one point because it was determined Andy (my cousin) is not strong enough to survive surgery. Mom is doing okay, although we are concerned that the radiation has messed with her thyroid so we are going to check with the oncologist to see if her thyroid meds need to be tweeked.
I had to share this photo of Katie. She just tickles me to bits.

September 1st, 2011, 05:14 PM
Oh Beth, you've got alot going on in your family ((hugs)) and prayers going out for healing

And what a gorgeous little girl you've got!
September 1st, 2011, 05:24 PM
CaseyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to CaseyM
OMG Beth...you have so much going on...prayers for you and your family during these hard times....

We are just waiting to finish the pills and have AF visit. DH is working concerts all weekend and will be away (yeah!!!). BB King Saturday night, some rock bands together Sunday night, and Lady Antebellum (sp??) Monday night....just me and Matty all weekend. Will be nice since I worked all last weekend. Gonna try to get some things done with Matt's scrapbook since DH got all my pics off computer that died.

OH!!! You have to check this website out.... Photo Books, Photo Cards, Scrapbooks, Yearbooks and Calendars | Mixbook You can make scrapbook type books or just pic books in soft and hard cover editions. Prices aren't that bad either....I am in the processing of making one for my inlaws for their anniversary next month. If you go to mixbook.com, then click on Gallery, then baby then most recent...on page 5 there is a book labeled Matthew 0-1 years old, by Amy M. That's the one my sil did....then on the next page is one labeled Matthew by Casandra M...that's one that I did...tell me what you think..I'm still working on mine though...

Love to share pics on my facebook....

casey cochran melanson
September 2nd, 2011, 06:06 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Marie - hi sweetie! I hope N & E are settling into school. How does it feel to only have 3 at home?

Beth - big hugs sweetie! you do have alot going on & I'll keep you all in my prayers. And I love that pic of Katie! It's priceless.

Casey - Good luck with this cycle!!! I'm keeping all my crossables crossed for you sweetie. Both your albums are now on page 6 of the gallery. Your SIL's album is cute, but I really LOVE yours. You have more details in it & more adorable pics. You did a great job on it.

AFM - busy, but things are good. We did finally get power back on at home so we're thankful for that. We're picking up my Mom this weekend, and she'll be staying with us for a few weeks. That'll be great! Usually she's up here during the summer and stays over a month or 2. This summer is was way too hot, and she wanted to stay where it was much cooler. I don't blame her. Mark is keeping us very busy these days, and is growing up so fast. Here's a couple of pics I took this weekend. I just love these pajamas of his.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
September 2nd, 2011, 09:14 AM
Casey, those are great! I'm hoping this next cycle is the big one! Praying for success!

Becky-Mark is just too cute in those pj's! I LOVE little boys in pjs!

Joey's got a hip u/s today at noon, he was transverse/breech and he had a hip click so they're looking for hip dysplasia, we went thru the same process with the twins.
September 2nd, 2011, 09:17 AM
Marie - I hope the u/s comes back good. Did either of the twins have any problems with their hips?

September 2nd, 2011, 09:46 AM
no, there's a certain degree they look for when they're hips are at a right angle, and the twins' had always been within the correct range, which improved as they got bigger and stronger, I'm hoping this is the case with JJ. The neo at birth felt a click, the ped at discharge didn't, but they're checking anyhow. No issue with the twins at all now
September 2nd, 2011, 10:45 AM
That's good. Some close friends of mine had a horrible time with this, where the docs at delivery missed it AND the ped missed it. It was discovered when their little girl was about 8 months old and poor little thing had to have some surgery and where a cast for many months. She's perfectly fine now, 5 years old, runs around everywhere.

September 3rd, 2011, 06:31 AM
Marie...we had the same problem with Matt when he was born. The delivery doc and his ped both noticed it and we had the u/s done and there is nothing wrong. Every time we go to the doc's he still checks it, but there is nothing there...I'm sure everything will be ok...

casey cochran melanson
September 6th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Hi girls, quiet weekend over here. Started getting stuff moved into my sewing room finally.
Today is Nolan's first day of preschool for the year! And its our first day with the shared nanny, so far she's great!
September 6th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Becky, I am another little girl who was diagnosed at 6 months. Now, I'm not running anywhere right now, but all worked out okay . I also had surgury, casts, and braces for a while. So glad you mommies are having your babies checked out if there is concern.

As for me. We've been busy canning. We canned 60 quarts yesterday of pears and today I'm picking and processing tomotoes. We also listed our house for sale last month and are hoping it sells, but as you all know, it's terrible out there. We are looking at a house tonight, but the big thing is getting ours to sell. We hadn't planned to leave, but with the wind turbine issue, it makes it tough. So please pray for our family as we struggle to find a buyer with the wind farm issue. As if selling in this economy isn't bad enough.

I'm 37-38 weeks and go in on Friday for a checkup. Baby appears to be growing big and strong, hehe. I'm thinking she won't want me to go past 39 weeks or so due to my kidney issues and my appendix scar from May isn't 100% yet so..... we shall see. I'm not feeling ready yet, even though my body is screaming, it's time!

And help me out ladies. I thought there were some of you with thyroid issues as well. My numbers are creeping up and we don't want to adjust the meds this close to the end of the pg and we'll wait until about a month after delivery to recheck and adjust. Did any of you notice a need for more thyroid meds at the end? My symptoms are coming back a little bit and I'm just wondering if it is common.

Thanks ladies and have a great day!

September 6th, 2011, 10:08 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
wow i think i missed the Aug update entirely sorry all..work was absolutely insane the entire month and I can hardly believe it's already Sept!

Beth - omg Katie is so cute! Sorry to hear about DH's disc...is it in his lower back? My DH had spinal fusion surgery when disc blew in his neck about 5 years so...all surgery is scary, but he's fully recovered and so glad he did it. Hope all the family health issues you're dealing with get better soon. HUGS

Casey - good luck this cycle!!! Matt is such a cutiepie too!

Marie - I hope Joey's hip is nothing serious! KUP on how his u/s & appt go....

Becky - Mark is adorable & i love those PJs!!! Savannah's super obsessed with having animals on everything she wears right now (fav is flamingos) so I'm partial to alligator pajammies, too freaking cute!

Mari - i can't believe you're already so close to meeting your new LO! Are you team green? I couldn't recall if you decided to find out boy/girl....

AFM...so much going on, we decided to switch Savannah to new daycare center (tough decision, truly) and she started today. Hopefully that will go well. We had grandparents in for the weekend, so she managed to exhaust 4 adults instead of her usual 2 She's incredibly high energy...we're still doing Little Gym & swim lessons to try to help run some of that energy off on the weekends. Swim is going surprisingly well...after about 10 lessons now, she can swim a couple of feet underwater and can hold her breath about 10 seconds (although 5-6 secs is more typical)...totally fearless she loves jumping off the side of the pool to us or off floats, and would do it for hours I think if we let her. Other than that, she just started declaring over the weekend "I DID IT!"...and says it about everything! It's so funny it cracks me up...she woke up Sunday morning, opened her eyes & first words out of her mouth with a big smile on her face were "I DID IT!"

ETA: Almost forgot to add, we're officially TTC again!!! I'm in 2ww now, not really feeling like this cycle will be it (DH got horribly ill over some of the key dates ) but you never know....

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)

Last edited by L-SBB; September 6th, 2011 at 10:12 AM.
September 6th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Marie - yay for a quiet weekend! Ours was busy, but we managed to relax some here & there. Good luck with the shared nanny. Do you share her with someone close by or on particular days? I've heard of different arrangements with nannies.

Mari - good luck sweetie!! On the house, and with the new little one. It won't be long now.

Lara - so good to "see" you & that adorable Savannah. Good luck TTC. I hope it isn't long before you get that beautiful BFP.

AFM - we're good. Busy with work & home. Was without power for several days after Hurricane Irene, had the last treatment for the termites on Saturday and met up with my brother to swap Mom on Sunday. We each drove 3 hours, had a nice picnic lunch and the kids played, then we each drove back home. Made for a very long day, but Mark did really good being in the car seat alot and he had a blast playing with his cousins. That's about it.

September 7th, 2011, 08:31 AM
Good luck Mari! House selling/buying is so stressful, hope its smooth for you!

We can barely handle having no power for two hours, let alone days!

Nolan's first day of prek went well, same school and teacher as last year, so it was a super easy transition for all of us. He's so excited to be back! Elizabeth should be starting in two weeks as a community kid, no speech issues.

They started building our deck last night, its 30'x15' along the North side of the house, its gonna be huge! The frame is done, just need the boards put on!
September 10th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Okay here we go.....I start my shots tonight and can't wait. I have to take 150mg of both menopur and bravelle....Then I have my u/s monitoring appt on Wed. If that looks good then I add in the Ganirelix...Then I will trigger hopefully the 19th, retrieval on the 21st and transfer on the 24th....two weeks!!! That's it....Then it's just waiting for the test day....That reminds me...gotta go shoot up!!! lol

casey cochran melanson
September 10th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Oh Casey, how exciting!!! Praying this is your cycle!!!
September 12th, 2011, 06:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Praying for you Casey! Hope it goes well!

Hope everyone has a great week. Thursday is the big day for this little ones arrival. My doctor is going to break my water to start labor, I'm already a 3-4, just like the last few times, and am also hoping for another waterbirth. My thyroid is waining, and my legs are really swelling, so doctor said it's time. Prayers for a safe delivery and healthy baby would be great!

September 12th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Praying for you and baby, Mari!
September 13th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Hey girls, we did family pics on Sunday, new siggie coming soon!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search