November Chitty Chat

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 9th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I just changed my siggy, so you could see a picture of me and Henry. He's now 7 weeks old and is weighing in at 13 lbs and is 23 inches long!

Since birth, he's gained 3 lbs and grown 4 inches!

I love that little man. He still sleeps in bed with us, and Andy gave me "the look" last night, meaning "How long is he going to be in here?"......
I can't help snuggling with him. Pretty soon he'll be to big, rolling, and not as snuggly. Did any of you sleep with your littles?

November 9th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Great pic, Mari. Katie and I still co-sleep. She is such a cuddle bug.

November 9th, 2011, 07:26 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh Mari, you're both beautiful! I never co-slept, with N I could never find a way to bf lying down, and dh is also scared to squish a baby in our bed. None of our kids has EVER slept in our bed-we're not good sharers

Oh Beth, you're in my prayers for healing and peace for your family. You've got so much on your plate, I hope you're remembering to take care of yourself during all of this.

Nov 9th, and we got our first snow today. I did it, I'll admit to it--I played Christmas music for the kids this morning during breakfast and by 3:12pm I walked out of Safeway with Nolan and it was snowing. It'll be gone in April. Yuck.

Lucky mother to five!

November 10th, 2011, 05:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We've got snow!!!!! Oh my, the kiddos are bouncing off the walls! I can officially say schools off for today! We will be heading outside this morning. It'll probably take me 2 hours to get everyone dressed, than someone will have to pee .

Beth, still thinking of you. Marie is right, remember to take care of yourself.

Marie, I love the new siggy. Is it T or A in the bottom right smiling? That's so cute. And Joey looks like he's growing good, I'm starting to get a few smilies from Henry...they are priceless.

Hope everyone has a great day!

November 10th, 2011, 06:49 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lots of hugs & prays Beth!!! You have so much going on sweetie. ((((hugs))))

Mari - love the new pic! Henry is so adorable. Mark sometimes slept in bed with us, but is fully in his crib now. He moves around so much now, it's impossible to cuddle & sleep with him.

Marie - I loved bf laying down. It was so much more convenient and I was able catch a few snoozes too.

AFM - We were able to get Mark's hair cut yesterday. He actually was a good little boy and behaved great all day for MIL's appointments too. He didn't want to keep his head still, kept trying to look and see what the lady was doing, but overall did really good. Only started fussing once, when we physically held his head still so she could trim the front a little more. I took some pics when we got home, but forgot the card to upload them, so I'll have to post those later. I think the ones I took with the cell phone are blurry. He looks so grownup & so little at the same time. Not sure how that is possible, but it is.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
November 10th, 2011, 09:53 AM
awww, can't wait to see pics, Becky

Oh Mari, I don't have it in me to get four kids outside by myself, wtg mama!

that's Theo in the bottom right-they're all growing and growing, its amazing! Joey has found his voice and his hands, he's 15 weeks old now. I thought I'd be sad that he's growing so quickly, but I'm ready, I'm tired, lol! He's still up at midnight, four and seven each night, I'm too old to be up so much!

Six years ago I didn't know if I'd ever have any babies and now my siggies are huge! Amazing!

Lucky mother to five!

November 10th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes Marie, it is amazing! I have loved watching your family grow!

And I hear you about the up at night stuff. I'm 37 and feeling it a little more this time around. I remember when Henry was born, there as another mom there and she looked way to young to have a baby. I thought oh the poor thing. The nurse told me that she was 24.....and it made me feel very very old! My nurse, who is great and I've had numerous times, said I'm the oldest mom that has delivered in a while there. I'm not sure if that makes me happy or sad?!

The snow is fastly (not sure if thats a word) disappearing here. But it's cold!

Hope everyone is well!

November 10th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Marie - it is amazing, and I've loved watching your family grow too.

Mari - had to chuckle about the 24 year old. DH & I interviewed prospective tenants for a condo I owned prior to us marrying and they're 24. and they seem sooooooo young.

and yay!!! We've exceeded last month's posts in our chit-chat thread. Perhaps we can beat September's record now too!!

November 10th, 2011, 04:23 PM
My babysitter is 24 and is so entitled and not focused in life-24 can be very young!

Lucky mother to five!

November 11th, 2011, 06:25 PM
CaseyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to CaseyM
Hi everyone....Just stopped in for a second to say hello and see what is going on. Too much for me to comment on in the quick second I have. We have Matt's birthday party tomorrow. We had a nice turkey dinner with the IL's last night. He opened a few presents from them. My wonderful SIL bought him a firetruck, police car, and ambulance that all make lots of noise. They are cute though...Tomorrow everyone is coming...43 people in all counting us. Burger and dogs to eat...quick and easy...Hopefully I'll be able to post some pics soon...My SIL puts them all on FB....Have a good weekend everyone!

Love to share pics on my facebook....

casey cochran melanson
November 12th, 2011, 06:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Happy Birthday Matt!!!!!

Sounds like you are going to have a full house Casey, have a great time!

Yes Marie, 24 can be very young, made me think..... What is your favorite age to have kids?

For me, I felt a lot more energy when I had Daisy (my 1st) and feel she got a lot more of mom running, and playing. Now with Henry, he won't get that as much. I'm not sure if it's because of the age difference, I was 25 for my 1st and 37 for Henry, or if it's the fact that there are 9 kiddos in between. I honestly think early thirties was my favorite. I was more confident in being a mom and woman than I was in my 20's and not to old to have all the aches and pains of pregnancy be so bad But we'll definately take more. Is anyone on here aslo hoping for more babes, or am I the only one, or do we have some on the fencers?

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

November 13th, 2011, 04:25 PM
Pregnancy at 33 was much easier than a pregnancy at 38 but I think I'm a better older parent. I was nowhere near ready to parent at 24, no life experience yet.

Nope, I'm off the fence and down the road, no more babies for me! No more awful TTC, no more scary pregnancies or c/s-I'm good and done. Some moms were built to make and deliver many babies, and I'm obviously not-and that's totally okay.

Happy Birthday Matt!!

Lucky mother to five!

November 13th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Happy birthday Matt & hope everything goes great Casey!!! Can't wait to see some pics.

Marie - the 2nd prospective tenant was 24 too, but seem even younger then the first set. I guess I'm just a grouchy old mama here.

With me, I'm on the fence. Part of me longs for 1 more child, the other isn't sure. Same with DH. We decided several months back to bench it for now and when Mark turns 2 to decide at that time. So right now, we are treasuring every moment.

November 14th, 2011, 06:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Speaking of age, guess who is Mary in the Christmas play this year! Well, it was between us and two other couples: one couple are both in the medical field so they had schedule issues and the other has a really shy DH who would not go on stage.
Having to run do some stuff. Will post more later.

November 14th, 2011, 07:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Beth, it must be you ! Yeah!!

I'm glad we are all enjoying being "older" mamas and are enjoying each day. That really is the best gift, regardless of age

The kiddos and I are off to hang laundry out......in mid Novembe in Wisconsin! I love it! It's only 40 right now, going to 52...but for this time of year I'm very thankful.

Have a good one!

November 14th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Yay, Beth, that's exciting!! You have to post some pics for us to enjoy.

Work was exhausting today, and I'll be happy to head to bed soon tonight. I did enjoy some much needed outside time for a walk today. We got into the 70s today. Loved it!! Unusual for this time of the year, and it was snowing just the other week. Crazy crazy weather. So we're enjoying outside while we can.

November 14th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Wow Beth, how cool is that!

Got a good dose of snow today, but not enough to cover all the grass. The roads were a mess, though.
I'm supposed to be working on an assignment to have it submitted before we leave in seven days!! I watched tv instead. I worked on it last week so I'm nearly done. Why am I in a Master's program with five kids?? Wait until January when my students start up, yikes

Lucky mother to five!

November 15th, 2011, 05:20 AM
You are a super woman, Marie.

I didn't end up getting to bed early last night, but I feel better today & not as tired. Mark had his 18 month visit yesterday afternoon too. Our little man is 20 pounds, 2 oz and is 30 inches tall. Growing consistently on his little curve, still petite, but doc is fine with it. We don't go back until his 2 year appointment now. He wasn't happy getting his flu shot, but didn't fuss too much. That's about all I have to update for now. Back to work I go. I'll try to pop back in later, I have some really cute pics to upload & share from the weekend.

November 15th, 2011, 06:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Just wanted to pop and say good morning to everyone! My kiddos are hungry, so gotta go, see you all later!

November 17th, 2011, 09:41 AM
good morning ladies, snow is here full force, just deciding if I'm braving the roads today for the preschool run

how is everyone?

Lucky mother to five!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search