November Chitty Chat

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 17th, 2011, 05:32 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I could not imagine handling snow & how people cannot drive in it yet. Glad I have a little while before I have to deal with it. I hope you didn't have any issues.

AFM today, I was off work, but didn't get hardly anything I wanted accomplished except that I did get Mark's pics made for Christmas. Got some cute pics too. I think they'll be on an online album, if so I'll share the link. If not, I get the pics I ordered in prints next Friday so I'll scan & upload them. We're also dealing with car issues too. It started acting up this weekend, so we took it in on Monday. They called today & said it was fine now. We leave and took it out for a drive, and got warning lights & backfiring. So we are not happy customers right now, and will be dropping it back off at 6am before we head into work tomorrow. So frustrating . . . now I'm off to do the dishes and relax with a hot shower before bed. Night night!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
November 18th, 2011, 05:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good Morning!

Marie, ah, the snow starts...... We are suppose to get some tomorrow. We've had a great fall and a long one to, so I'm good with that. It has made moving a ton easier.

Becky, bummer for the car. That's so frustrating. Hope you enjoyed your day off.

AFM, we are still working on the house (while Andy and dear FIL are), they are hoping to start hanging some sheetrock this weekend. Yeah! That means we are getting closer. There was so much demo work to be done but it's coming back together. I continue to pack up during the day and get a load ready for Andy to take the next day. We have packed about everything we can and just have our table, beds, couches and kitchen left....and all our clothes. Oh it's depressing when I look at it that way . We have the outbuildings almost done, I think we need a dumpster for the rest, I don't think it's worth taking. I thought it was so clean out there and now we need a small dumpster to get rid of whats left. That will be the 3rd dumpster for the move, those things are expensive! We are continuing to pray for this house to sell. Have to make our first double house payment and all the goodies that go with it this month, please God let there be enough to go around!
We went to Walmart last night. 4 Shopping carts and $400 later we should be good for 2 more weeks. We've eaten down a lot of it, but needed the basics again. I'm tired today, that takes a lot to just get that done. Thankfully Andy came with me, sometimes I do it alone, but I knew Miss Lila wasn't in the shopping mood last night and boy was I right, hehe. You all know what I mean I'm sure. But, we got it done.

Hope everyone has a great day and weekend!

November 18th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Good luck, Mari!! I hope the move/demo continues to go well & you sell the old house quickly.

AFM - got into work late today, and will be taking car back tonight and they're giving us another loaner. They had to order a Mass Air Inflow something like that. Should only take a day or so to install, and thankfully not too expensive. Work is crazy though, and taking off Mon & Tue to deal with condo issues as our current tenant should have all his things out this weekend so we're using those days to clean/repaint/repair/etc. Busy busy busy.

November 18th, 2011, 01:11 PM
CaseyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to CaseyM
So the party went well....Very full house. Not everyone showed up, but most of them did, so we had about 35 people in the house. Matt got a lot of books for gifts which is great. Not a lot of toys. But the few toys that he did get are, of course, noisy ones. Oh well...lol...

We had his 2 years appt this morning. He weighs in at a tubby 28 lbs 4 oz. He is up to 2ft and 10in. I have to look up the %tiles and see what it looks like now. Doc said he looks good and we don't have to go back for another year. Yeah. Only 1 shot too, just the flu shot.

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving and talk to you all soon...

P.S. If you are around, I love to have more peeps on Facebook. Just look me up and leave a message who you are so I don't just delete the request....Lots of pics from the party there too...

Casey Cochran Melanson

Love to share pics on my facebook....

casey cochran melanson
November 18th, 2011, 09:17 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'll look you up Casey--hmm, can't find you, I'll keep looking

Mari-hoping the old house sells soon and the new one is finished quickly!

Oh Becky, vehicle woes suck!

Our basement guy came today, they're finishing the kids' bathroom in the basement, the only thing we had left to do down there. Its going to be beautiful! It'll be finished when we get home on the 29th! All the stuff is bought, he's got instructions, and MIL will be here to supervise, yay!
November 19th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wait Marie, are you going somewhere!? Did I miss it? I assume if MIL is coming, you and DH are sneeking away.......I'm so jealous

We are getting a little rain this morning....turning to snow later. The kids are off the wall, so mama's trying to keep her sanity! My dear DH has been gone everyday for a month, I'm getting tired of doing it by myself. But soon enough we will be moving. Right now, it's tough because in order to move, all the kids toys are packed up, which means they are bored. That is never good

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

November 19th, 2011, 07:46 PM
oh maybe I didn't mention it here, dh and I are going to Mexico from the 22nd-29th, we're so excited! Its going to be so hard to leave the kids, I'm very tempted to take Joey but after the four kids got so sick when we went in February, I would feel much safer having him here at home with MIL. She's so excited to watch them all again! I'm not sure if she understands entirely when I say that Joey is up 3 times a night She doesn't care, they live 9 hrs away so she's thrilled to be able to spend a week+ with them! Of course I have two nurse friends and the regular baby sitter on call to help her out, but she'll do great. What if Joseph doesn't remember me when I come back? He's 17 weeks old, he'll remember me, right?
November 20th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Veteran
Hi everyone-not sure if you all remember me (Becky and Marie will, since I'm on their Facebook pages!), but I wanted to come see how everyone and the babies are! We gave up TTC after we were told that the only possiblity left was IVF, and insurance wouldn't even come close to covering any of it. So, DH and I stay busy with DS, who is now 15, and DD, who is 12. They are both involved in sports, and DD in band and service club at school, along with a recent nomination for National Junior Honor Society.

Anyway, I've enjoyed reading about how everyone is doing! It is good to see how big Katie and Matt are, and I see Marie's pics of her adorable kiddos and Becky's Mark regularly. Mari, your newest addition is so precious! Good luck on your move.

Take care!

Nancy

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~Mark Twain
November 20th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Marie - that sounds like a wonderful trip planned & I'm sure sweet Joey will remember his mommy.

Nancy - Of course I remember you. Has you cell number changed though, I had error messages the last time I tried to text you a new pic of Mark.

November 20th, 2011, 05:11 PM
Hey Nancy! Its hard to let that baby dream go, isn't it? ((hugs))

Off to pack!
November 21st, 2011, 06:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Marie,you stinker! I''m so jealous as we look out at snow here Enjoy!

Same old here this morning. The new pastor and his wife invitited our family for dinner tomorow night.....I don't think hey have any idea of feeding 11 of us......Should be interesting. They seem like a great family, they are our age, so I'm sure we will get along great!

Poopy diaper, and the rest are strirring, gotta run! Henry gave me 4 hours in row last night !! Than he was up for 2 eating, I think he paniced and throught his milk was going away, hehe.

November 21st, 2011, 12:53 PM
wow, four hours-what a good boy!

oh don't worry, I've got 6" of snow on the ground. The weather is supposed to warm up to melting here this week, though. Good since tonight we're leaving at 9pm to drive 6hrs to the airport, to sleep in the van, to be at the airport for 5am to fly for 7am-yucko! Gotta go find some shorts that fit!
November 23rd, 2011, 09:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Marie, have a great trip!

Nancy, it's so good to see you here!

Wanted to wish everyone a great Thanksgiving! Remember to give thanks for all we have, enjoy family and friends, and eat a lot!

November 24th, 2011, 07:44 AM
CaseyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to CaseyM
Just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to everyone...Matt is so excited to go to his aunt's house and have "gobble gobble gobble" with everyone...Nap right now then we are off to visit DH's family for a short time then dinner with my family...

Hope everyone has a safe holiday....

Love to share pics on my facebook....

casey cochran melanson
November 26th, 2011, 05:54 PM
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I'm exhausted here, but did have a good time. I'm going to crawl in bed with a book and just relax soon.

November 28th, 2011, 05:23 AM
Happy Monday ladies! I expect a crazy busy day today, so I'm popping in while I have a quick moment. I hope we all enjoyed a great holiday (for the US girls), and a wonderful weekend for all of us. We had a good time with family visiting, and got quite a bit done too after they left on Saturday. Did not even attempt to shop though, as neither one of us can stand crowded stores.

So, did anyone else brave those Black Friday sales????

November 30th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Not me..... with buying the other house we don't have any extra money, at all

We did our shopping in October and the kids only get 3 things, but that adds up to 27 presents! We don't do Black Friday. My DH said he'd rather loose his right leg than have to go, hehe. He's probably serious though. I used to work it and loved it. I haven't been out since my oldest ws born or it......11 years. But when ever we don't have a baby at home, I'd love to do it! So a few more years for me. By than I'll probably be shopping for Grandkids!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search