December Chitty Chat Thread

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 9th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh Lara, I know its hard but don't ever think that you caused your losses--and yes, Savannah truly is a miracle
December 9th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ah Lara, sending you a big hug. I'm sure it's hard to have results come back that you weren't expecting.

Sorry, I left my computer for a minute, and some little "helper" must have pushed the post button. Stinkers.

And yes, Lara, your "little" Savannah is a miracle . It really is amazing when everything goes right and a baby is born right on time and healthy. I'm glad you have a good doctor who is looking into things for you. I know you are going to get your sticky BFP soon!

December 11th, 2011, 05:39 PM
Hello ladies--we had a busy weekend over here. Today the two bigs had their last swimming lesson and then we had family pics in the very snowy, cold park at 2pm, hope they turned out! I think I'll have the disc tomorrow, so excited!!
December 11th, 2011, 06:18 PM
CaseyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to CaseyM
Hello ladies and happy December....where did the year go? Sorry haven't been around much lately...been busy...too much going on for me to comment on everyone, but I'm glad that everyone who is good is good and my prayers go out to those that need them....love ya all....

I've been dealing with some health crud too. I developed a very painful backache sometime last weekend. Not sure what was going on, but just figured it was my arthritis flaring up. Ignored it. By the time Monday rolled around, I wasn't doing too good. Suffered through Tuesday but Wednesday morning could barely function. Had a really hard time getting Matt out of the car and lifting and driving and breathing and...you get the pic. The pain is just about where the bra strap goes. Called the doc finally. They took me in and sent me for bloodwork and xrays. Then called in the afternoon to say that it looks like I have a compression fracture in my spine. Told me they would call Thursday with more info. Thursday said that I shouldn't lift anything, need more bloodwork, a bone density scan, and to go see my arthritis doc and an orthopaedic doc. Arthritis doc said that he doesn't think that it is a fracture, but my arthritis acting up badly. Wanted me to take some meds and said that I should feel 70% better in am...(nope!) And to come back Tuesday. (and all but said that the visit to the ortho. doc was gonna be a waste) Ortho doc said that he isn't sure, but is leaning towards no fracture, but wants to be sure so he is ordering an MRI. Then I get the paperwork in the mail from the xrays saying that there is no fracture, but it is the arthritis. But another sentence says that there are no indications of the arthritis. AAARRRGGGGGG!!!!!!! So here I sit, with a massive pain in my back. I can't cough, sneeze, or lift without pain. Matt must think something is wrong because I won't pick him up....So I wait....
Sorry this is soooo long...I'm just so frustrated and had no one to talk to...Thanks for listening girls!

Oh I forgot, here are a couple of pics of Matt. These are the most recent ones....

Love to share pics on my facebook....

casey cochran melanson
December 11th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Oh Casey, I'm so sorry your having such back pain and getting no answers or relief, not fun ever let alone this time of year with a little one. ((hugs)) And Matt is so sweet!

Here's a pic from today at the park
December 14th, 2011, 05:38 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lara - (((hugs))) please don't think you are to blame for your losses. Savannah is a precious miracle.

Casey - (((Hugs))). I hope your back is feeling some better and you get some answers soon. That is so frustrating... Love the new pics of Matty. He is so adorable.

Mari - I have 2 little helpers who like to push buttons when I'm on the computer to. Mark and our kitty.

Marie - love the park pic!!

AFM - nothing much to report. I'm exhausted today. Mark wasn't feeling good last night and was up practically all night. He finally settled with me curled around him around 2:45 and I got to bed around 3:30. Slept through the 4:40 alarm, scrambled quick when woke up at 5:40 and somehow managed to get us all dressed, fed, & out the door shortly after 6. Whew! Now I'm hoping for a quiet day so I can rest my tired brain. Wish me luck there.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
December 14th, 2011, 09:55 PM
Poor little Mark! Hoping tonight's better for you
December 15th, 2011, 04:59 AM
Last night was much better. He was so exhausted, didn't want to eat, barely napped for Ms. Kim (daycare) and didn't want to eat anything for dinner either. I got a yogurt & applesauce in him and off to bed we went. Instead of his typical 7:00 bedtime, he fussed until 8 but was completely out by 8:30 and not a peep from him all night long. He was his happy self this morning AND ate some breakfast before we left for work/daycare. Yay! And Mama here got some much needed rest too, so I should be less cranky with my coworkers today so I'm sure they too will appreciate Mark sleeping.

December 15th, 2011, 06:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sending you a huge hug Casey, I hope you are feeling better soon, and Matt is a cutie!

Becky, I'm glad Mark is back to his chipper self.

Marie, love the picture! So cute!

AFM: We started putting stuff in the new house! Yeah! We, or should I say, my dear hubby, is finishing up painting two bedrooms and a few shelves today and tomorrow. But, we have working toliets again, we had to go to my inlaws everytime someone needed the toliet, so with 11 of us, we were always running! He's working on getting a washer/dryer hookup in......crazy. But it's coming. The kids helped set up book shelves and the toy room last night, and had so much fun. They got to play with their toys that were packed away, so it was like an early Christmas.

Gotta run! Have good day.....we have ice covered roads, it rained all day yesterday and now weare down inthe freezing zone....fun fun.

December 15th, 2011, 09:11 AM
good morning my friends!

Mari-sounds like things are coming along nicely! Working toilets are such a luxury! Stay safe outside. Our weather has also been very mild for us but no rain recently. Today's Nolan's last day of prek before Christmas break-they have movie and popcorn today, he's excited! I'll be excited for the "break"
December 15th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Mari - sounds like things are coming along nicely. Yay!!

Marie - I hope Nolan has a great time today. And that you all enjoy the break. Is it normal for you to have mild temps at this time of the year?

December 15th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Usually its much colder and we have more snow than we do now, I'm sure it'll all come down the week after Christmas when we're travelling on the highway
December 16th, 2011, 04:54 AM
Not when you're traveling. I hope it comes down when you're safe & snug at home. We get some flurries here & there, but typically get our heavier snow in Jan/Feb. People here just don't know how to handle a flurry, so traffic becomes a nightmare.

December 17th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Good afternoon ladies.
It rained here this am, but so far isn't freezing, I'm sure it will by tonight. I wish it would just get really cold already. Nothing exciting planned today. DH is at work for 24hrs and back tomorrow morning, the sitter will be here for 5pm so I can go out for supper with my investment group from work. Unless its too icy of course
December 17th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
First off, loving the new pics of the LOs. They are all adorable!
I am sort of scattered still. My uncle died on Monday, we buried him on Wednesday and it still seems just like a nightmare that we can't wake from. His youngest grandchild (my other November babe just 13 years older than Katie) is having an especially rough time of it right now. On a lighter note, a rabbi was at the funeral (which is rare in the rural South) and I found out later that Uncle Harold had donated money to relief organization in Africa that was tied to the rabbi. I guess no one will ever know how many people's lives he touched.

December 17th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Oh Beth, I am so sorry for your loss. He sounds like a very special man. ((hugs))
December 19th, 2011, 05:23 AM
Beth, I'm so sorry sweetie!! (((Hugs)))

December 19th, 2011, 06:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Beth, I'm so sorry. Sending you a hug. And you are right. You may never know how many lives he's touched. Sounds like quite a man.

AFM....We are moving! We moved beds last night and will offiically stay there tonight (Monday). Our internet is getting shut off tomorrow and we don't have a time for it to be connected at the new place. We need to find the best providers/deals that sort ofthing. So I'll be MIA for a bit, but I'll try and check in from my inlaws. Hope everyone has a great Christmas, and I'll *see* you all soon!

December 19th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Happy moving Mari!!
December 19th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Yay for moving!! I hope you get internet re-connected soon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search