December Chitty Chat Thread

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 20th, 2011, 10:38 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
apologies for this drive by posting (i'm on quick break, so will have to come back and read on what i've missed & catch up later) but wanted to link to where I posted update from yesterday's RE appt:

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...nded-well.html (Had RE Appt yesterday...was epic CLUSTER (but ended well))

Will come back and share other stuff going on...has been crazy with my parents in town (just left today) for early Christmas but hopefully will quiet down now a little.

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
December 20th, 2011, 11:43 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like a great appt, Lara!! I'm glad you can start right away, and hope things quiet down for you soon. Keep us posted!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
December 20th, 2011, 06:32 PM
CaseyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to CaseyM
Just a quick update....they still don't know what it going on with my back. They upped my weight limit to 10 lbs (mainly so I could stay at work) but still no answers. Still haven't gotten any answers about the bone scan. Was supposed to have an appt yesterday but had to reschedule. They are going in the direction of it's my arthritis. I have been taking my meds again and starting to feel better. It doesn't kill when I lift Matty, but it still hurts like crazy when I sneeze or if I move wrong. So we will have to wait and see.....

Love to share pics on my facebook....

casey cochran melanson
December 20th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay Lara! Our RE also loved progesterone but my ob was never big on it. Hoping you get your little sticker!!

Oh Casey, hoping your back settles down for you soon. Or at least get you some answers so it can be managed.

Just a few days to Christmas Eve! Are you ready??
December 21st, 2011, 08:40 AM
((Hugs)) Casey, I was hoping your back was doing better. I hope you get some relief soon and some answers too. Hang in there sweetie!!

Christmas Eve - No, I'm definitely not ready. It's just a quiet day with the 3 of us, and we'll enjoy church that morning then relax the rest of the day. But we still haven't really gotten Mark anything from us. bad bad parents here, so I'm sure we'll be venturing out some to shop on Saturday. I'm already shuddering at the thought, I hate crowds & shopping.

December 21st, 2011, 06:53 PM
I think I'd chew off my right arm before I went out shopping here on Saturday. We live a fairly little city with one biggish mall and a few other bigger shops scattered around town. Lots of people shop online but I suspect 70% of the population from 3hrs all around the city will shop here over the next three days. Its already a zoo. Today it took me 25mins to travel four blocks around the mall, so congested.
December 23rd, 2011, 04:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Lara~ Hope you get a sticky bean soon.

Casey~ Boo on your aching back.

Becky~ Who knows, you might find some great deals today and tomorrow and find him lots of really cute stuff

Marie~ Wish I had thought to get a pic of the lady who came in yesterday (she's a family friend) because she had on this shirt that read: "This is my Last Minute Christmas Shopping Shirt" and the harried woman in the caption had a mile long list and was yelling in the caption: "Get out of My Way!"

AFM, I am done with Katie's shopping. Of course, we didn't get her much since everyone in the extended family is also getting her stuff and don't have room for much more stuff. In regards to last minute shopping, DH and I got our gifts for one another last evening (truly a madhouse in the city, glad we don't live there) and now I can just enjoy the next two days by working in retail while everyone else is doing their last minute shopping.

December 23rd, 2011, 05:17 AM
Hi ladies! Still haven't done any shopping, and struggling with sick son, sick me, AF decided to show up, and I ended up with an eye infection too. But I AM still smiling. . . .and I made it into work today. DH stayed home with Mark, since I stayed home yesterday. The other little girl at daycare is sick too. Those poor babies. Work should be pretty quiet today and next week too, so I'm hoping to get caught up on a few things. I will try to pop back in today, but if I don't get a chance, I hope everyone has a great Friday!!!

December 23rd, 2011, 09:58 AM
((hugs)) Becky
December 24th, 2011, 09:05 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
Casey - i hope you feel better soon!

Becky - i hope you feel better too...did you manage to get your shopping done?

Beth - glad your shopping is done...if you've wrapped too you're miles ahead of me

Marie - we live near a mall too and the traffic is out of control!

AFM...
Update on today's RE appt - I didn't get the trigger shot It's CD 12 but the largest follie was 14.5 and apparently he wanted to see an 18 or greater...so I go back on Tue AM - i have to see a different Dr since mine won't be in, but hopefully they'll give me the trigger shot then (assuming i haven't ovulated already, which would bum me out...holiday timing this cycle is difficult). RE said my uterus & ovaries look great but reiterated that the thinks I'm not ovulating "ideally" and would benefit from Clomid if this cycle doesn't work out. He hasn't given up on this cycle entirely (which might be just for my benefit so he doesn't depress me, idk) but definitely seems to be preparing me to go a little more aggressive med wise next cycle.

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
December 26th, 2011, 07:17 PM
come on follies!!
December 27th, 2011, 12:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Keeping fingers crossed that everything goes well, Lara.

December 27th, 2011, 05:02 AM
Good luck today, Lara!!! I hope you have one very large follie.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!!! Ours was quiet, but nice. I am still fighting my cold here. Eye infection cleared from right eye, but has now decided to head into the left. And the steroid & antibiotic eye drops aren't working on that eye, so I'm waiting for Eye Doctor to open so I can hopefully get an emergency appointment today for something stronger. Mark is thankfully getting a little better each day, but still sounds horrible. No fever since Friday, so I was able to drop him off at daycare today. I have tons of work on my desk here, so it was good I could get in. Kim will call me if he gets worse and I can pick him up quickly. One of the reasons I chose daycare so close to my work is that convenience. I hope to get alot done here at work this week, since most of the coworkers are out. But I'll pop in when I can. I look forward to hearing how you all are doing.

And seeing any holiday pics???? hint hint

December 27th, 2011, 05:21 AM
CaseyM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to CaseyM
Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday...very busy couple of days here...I actually had to work 8-5 on Christmas Eve then grocery shop then we went to DH's dad's parents house and stayed there til a little after 9. Then lil man woke up around 7am on Christmas Day and we made breakfast while we waited for DH's parents and sister to come up then we opened presents. Then we played with a few of Matt's then left for Auntie's for Christmas dinner. Then opened more gifts then headed to my mom's. There it was all four sisters, with 3 hubby's and 7 lil ones...and MOM...hehehe full house. But the kids all did great. Matt only took a 20 minute nap in the car and lasted til after 9. Then fell dead asleep on the way home (we live 2 miles from my mom's). And never woke til 8am Monday morning....what an exhausting day for all...Good thing Dh and I both had Monday off...Now to finish putting everything away and go to the grocery store...Have a good day everyone!

Love to share pics on my facebook....

casey cochran melanson
December 27th, 2011, 01:37 PM
((hugs)) to Becky and Mark, get healthy!

Sounds like Matt had fun, Casey!

Christmas was quiet, just the seven of us-kind of sucks that no family choose to be here with us, things have really sucked holiday-wise since my mom died. Christmas used to be really fun, now its just alot of disappointment. But we both suck it up and smile for the kids, right? Next year WDW sounds like the plan. Family don't want us to move away, or go away for holidays, but they couldn't be bothered to come here, either. Bah humbug
December 28th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Hi Casey! Sounds like you were very busy, but seems like a good time.

Marie - WDW sounds like a great plan! I know you all will enjoy that, and I look forward to seeing your scrap pages with those great pics. We tend to have a quiet Christmas here. DH was off this year, but typically ends up working part of the days around Christmas and with traffic and wintery weather possible, we prefer to stay close. Boring, I know.

I don't think I got many pics of Mark opening presents, and the ones i did get were dark. But here's a couple when we went outside for a walk to our neighborhood playground. The hat was a huge favorite gift of his.

December 30th, 2011, 06:21 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Hi ladies!! Just thought I would check in!
Marie- can we stow away in your luggage next year if you go to WDW?

Christmas was busy here. My parents made it up early (after me bugging the hell out of them) and made it to my u/s on Thursday. I had to wrok Friday then spent Saturday cooking for DH's family (no one cooks really and so I always do the big Christmas dinner). Sunday morning we did Christmas with CJ, DH videoed some and my mom took pictures, neither of which have been uploaded yet. It took him a few minutes to figure out what was going on then he got into it.
Other than that, I had another b-day so I'm officially an ancient mommy. But really this pregnancy is going pretty good so far. I'm feeling her move a lot more so that makes it all better.

Hope everyone has an awesome New Year!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search