January Chitty Chat Thread

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2012, 09:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow! Where did 2011 go? I started last year with a child who was pretty much still a baby and now I have Little Miss Independent. Hope the new year has started well for everyone.

January 2nd, 2012, 11:43 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Happy 2012!

I know, 12 months ago the twins had just started walking and were still tripping over their feet, now we're thinking about PTing, crazy!

Lucky mother to five!

January 5th, 2012, 08:50 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It is insane how much they've changed. a year ago, Mark was starting to pull himself up & cruise furniture. Wasn't even really crawling, doing his belly flopping looking like an inch worm. Now he's running everywhere & climbing & just so grown up. . .

Hi ladies! sorry to be so MIA lately. absolutely nuts around here, but I should have more time later to pop back in.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
January 9th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Hey ladies. Still no snow, I've actually got mud in my back hard and its 7degrees over freezing and crazy windy. strange.

Lucky mother to five!

January 11th, 2012, 05:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Marie, I will have to let DH know you don't have any snow yet because he is all whiny about NC not having any snow right now. I mean we got snow twice this year but it melted off really quick.
I don't have to work today, which is a good thing since my darling windmill beat me from head to knee last night. She is such a fitful sleeper when she is overtired. Her great auntie/babysitter could not get her to nap yesterday at all so I paid for it last night. I wouldn't trade co-sleeping with her for a good night's sleep though because she can be such a cuddlebug when she is sleeping well.
How is everyone else's week going?

January 11th, 2012, 08:02 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
happy new year everyone...and no, i can't believe how fast our LOs are growing up! I had the same moment Becky at Christmas when I thought back that the prior Christmas Savannah had just learned to walk a few steps (so she would toddle/fall into everyone's arms) and this year...running around like she'd been doing it forever. A little bittersweet sometimes when you miss their tiny baby days....

So as suspected, this cycle was a big bust TTC And now i'm waiting for AF to kick in full force and then I can schedule baseline appt with RE for this next cycle...we have decided to take clomid (despite my fear of twins...sorry Marie, i'm not as capable as you are! )

What I could use some advise on...and you ladies are AMA like me so only you REALLY understand when I ask this question: If we don't manage to get pregnant this next cycle (EDD would be in mid/late Oct) I'm strongly debating taking a couple of months off b/c of proximity of next 2 cycle due dates to Savannah's bday, Thanksgiving & Christmas. But then I worry, am I being stupid b/c I'm not getting any younger...39 now, already will be 40 at delivery if we manage to get pregnant?

My concern is more than just a baby on top of Savannah's birthday....the last 2 months of the year are extremely busy for me work-wise (and always will be, nature of what i do) so it's very hard for me to take any time off...and none of our family lives near us so they already have challenges flying in every Thanksgiving for Savannah's birthday (and I have tons of stress prepping & hosting everything while dealing with work) much less if they would then have to do it an additional time over a short period. If I could change Savannah's birthday I would, that's how difficult it's been the past 2 years....and the thought and throwing another bday into that mix just overwhelms me.

So WWYD? I feel like there absolutely no guarantee that pregnancy would happen even if we try....but then I think at some point the RE will force me to take a break b/c I don't think you can do many medicated cycles in a row, and I'd rather do that over the couple of months where timing is already problematic...i don't know what to do and right now just praying so hard that I won't need to decide b/c this next cycle will be our lucky one .

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
January 12th, 2012, 01:42 PM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Hi ladies!!!
I agree I can't believe how fast they grow! CJ turned 2 last weekend, it feels really unreal. He's a little man now, although he is entering back into a cuddling stage.

Lara- taking a couple of months off could give your body a little needed break from TTC, sometimes that resets things. But I know it's hard. The breaks that I got forced with by the RE were tough.

January 12th, 2012, 09:54 PM
I think a few months off will not make a heap of difference in thirty year, if its gonna happen its gonna happen no matter how hard or little we try--a break is a great idea

No, I am VERY scared of twins, be afraid!

Lucky mother to five!

January 17th, 2012, 08:53 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Hi ladies! Nothing new here, just saying hi!

January 19th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am back!!!!

Wow ladies, it's been a crazy 3 weeks. But we are moved in, happy, pretty settled, and loving our new home! I'm trying to catch up on almost 4 weeks of emails, banking stuff, you name it. Its amazing how much we do online now. But I hope all is well with everyone and I want some updates....what's going on with you all?!

January 19th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi again everyone! Katie went to her first playdate of sorts last night at one of the local churches. She had a great time according to my 19 yo goddaughter who helps with the group. Katie is talking more but boy does she have strong opinions on what she will and won't do. Oy! This week alone, she has modeled Aunt Bek's boots and Papaw's cowboy hat. Sadly, not at the same time. She has made sure I know she wants a Color Nook (since she carries my sister's around every chance she gets). How is everyone else's month going?

Mari~ Glad you all got moved.

Hi Sam!

Marie~ I was scared of twins since DH is one and I just knew I would end up with twins (so happy that K was not a twin. . . could not handle two divas at one time).

January 20th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning everyone! We woke up to a temp of about 7 below....which is warmer than yesterday. But it apparently warmed up enough to snow. My poor hubby is working outside today, poor guy.

Hope everyone has a great Friday!

January 21st, 2012, 04:10 PM
Mari, you're back! I was thinking about you the other day and hoping all was well over there

Oh Beth, aren't girls fun???

Not much new here, up to my eyesballs with students and my own school work, plus two kids in preschool. Dh is working so much and away for meetings etc. We just decided that we're hiring a live in nanny for May 1st or sooner, the 20hrs a week I'm getting now just aren't cutting it and I'm getting no sleep since I have to do all my work once the kids are in bed. Its hard to be on the computer while driving four days a week for preschool runs. Hoping it'll keep me sane.

Lucky mother to five!

January 24th, 2012, 04:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had to share this. I think Katie wants to be a cowgirl. She found her Papaw's hat and of course, any hat in any house that she wants is HERS. Gotta love toddlers. Oh, I didn't get a picture of it, but she also put the minister's hat on during church on Sunday. She looked like a little Amish girl with her long dress and that black hat.

January 24th, 2012, 07:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What a doll Beth. Lila is in that stage also. She loves to put plates full of food on her head . On Sunday after church, we had waffles.....sticky hair until she had a bath.

Marie, hope things calm down. It's tough being so busy.

Not much going on here. Pretty calm actually, which is nice. Hope everyone has a good day!

January 24th, 2012, 07:19 PM
sweet little Katie!

I'm tired. So busy today that I forgot to pick the dog up at the groomer's--I had two kids already asleep and dh is out of town so I had a friend to get him. Oh my life some days, lol!

Lucky mother to five!

January 25th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Haha Marie, at least it wasn't one of the kids

We are having a warm day (I use that phrase lightly) so this afternoon the kids and maybe me (if the babies are sleeping) are heading outside to run off some energy. For me, I need to burn some calories off. We made cookies this morning, and I ate way to many. They just kept calling to me.......

January 26th, 2012, 11:31 PM
oh cookies sounds great! send me some?

I can't imagine forgetting one of the kids, but then again I never thought I'd forget the dog anywhere either, lol!

Lucky mother to five!

January 27th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We take attendance when we get in the van. No joke. I would feel terrible if I ever forgot anyone.

Yesterday, I took the kids and I to Walmart for some things. We usually get a lot of questions, if they are all ours, etc. We always answer the questions, I know people are just interested . But yesterday, some man asked and told me to learn how to keep my legs shut . I can't believe some people. He's lucky my DH wasn't there. I told him they were all blessings, and we are so lucky to have each one of them. He said something about religious freaks and walked away.
Hm. Don't even know what to say, just some people shouldn't speak, or at least learn the Golden Rule. Oh well. He's got to live with himself .

Hope everyone has a great weekend if I don't get back on!

January 27th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Oh Mari, what a creep! What a nasty experience, I'm sorry.

Lucky mother to five!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search