February updates/chat it up thread

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 2nd, 2012, 05:58 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How is your month looking?

Any Valentine's Day plans or ideas you would like to share with us?

Lucky mother to five!

February 5th, 2012, 10:50 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
Happy Feb everyone!

I have been terrible updating all of you on this cycle...we did clomid + ovidrel + progesterone supplementation. And I'm happy to announce IT WORKED I'm officially pregnant and if you want to stalk the POAS thread I have in TTCAL it's here: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...1dpo-test.html (10+11DPO POAS results *preg mentioned* (Updated with 11DPO test))

The FRER lines are still super faint, but I got a positive digi an hour ago, so now officially excited & terrified.
Just_Marie, mum74 and multiplesmom like this.

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
February 6th, 2012, 06:57 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats Lara!!! The digi's don't lie.

Hi everyone! It's been a crazy world for me this past month, but I hope to be back now. How's everyone doing?

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
February 7th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Lara!!! congratulations!!! Stick little bean, stick!!!

So busy with students and school and two kids in preschool and life! Anyone know a nanny who wants to work for me?

Lucky mother to five!

February 8th, 2012, 05:12 AM
I don't how you do it, Marie!!!

My life is insane, and I'm only juggling 1 LO and full-time work.

February 13th, 2012, 09:37 PM
hey girls. I got the hugest bouquet of flowers ever tonight, its easily 3'x3'-insane! Happy Valentines Day!

Lucky mother to five!

February 14th, 2012, 05:26 AM
Wow!! That's a big bouquet. WTG to your DH!!!

How's everyone doing? I'm doing okay here. Work is still busy, but better then before.

February 15th, 2012, 10:17 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
wow Marie...that's awesome & sweet of your DH!

I owe you guys an update that our BFP was short lived...bad results on 2nd beta and m/c started on Sun after RE had me stop the progesterone supplements. We're going to take a little break (1 maybe 2 cycles) just to give me a mental rest...2 losses in 4 months is taking a toll on me, and i couldn't bear the thought of TTC immediately and have another loss in such a short timeframe.

Hope everyone is doing great...would love to hear some more Valentine's day updates. I went to Savannah's preschool for her V-day party (truly it wasn't much of a party, but it was cute) and then took the afternoon off with her to play - she was sooo excited it just melted my heart

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
February 15th, 2012, 08:16 PM
oh Lara, I am so sorry I think a break might be good for the soul ((hugs)) and love to you-Hug your sweet little girl for me

Lucky mother to five!

February 16th, 2012, 05:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Lara~ sorry for your loss. a break sounds like a good idea. give Savannah a hug from Katie.

Marie~ Just saw on FB that your LOs are feeling bad. I hope they feel better soon.

Becky~ Glad that work is better.

AFM~ We did an early Valentine's Day lunch on Saturday since our favorite restaurant was closed for remodeling this week. Katie is growing and I am wanting to update my siggy but have not gotten the request in to the siggy board yet (yes, I am slack). Work is okay, DH is putting out feelers for another job since his employer has given him a few off days in the past two weeks due to lack of things to be shipped out from the company.

February 17th, 2012, 09:25 PM
hope your dh finds a great job!

five kids are feeling better, but E fell down in the van yesterday and split open her forehead, I was out of town for a meeting so dh had to run her to ER for three sitches, she's such a tough little peanut--I'm kinda glad I didn't have to be there for that

Lucky mother to five!

February 21st, 2012, 07:25 AM
Lara - (((Hugs))) I'm sorry sweetie.

Beth - good luck to your DH. and I look forward to seeing some new pics of Katie.

Marie - glad the LOs are all better. Poor Elizabeth, I'm glad your DH got her all stitched up. I wouldn't have wanted to be there either.

AFM - I'm ok. Had a busy weekend, even with it being a 3 day holiday one for us. MIL is getting packages ready to send to Greece, so we helped her with that. I came into work on Saturday for a few hours, trying to get caught up on stuff too. And we're also still working on several projects around the house too. I had hoped to get to scrapbook some, but that didn't happen. Hopefully soon. Speaking of scrapbooking, I'm now co-hosting that board here on JM. I'm looking forward to it & hope to see some of you ladies pop in down there too.

Mark is growing up so fast these days. He seems to learn new words all the time too. Just so cute. I picked up the Elmo Party cricut cartridge, and will start working on his bday stuff soon. I need to get a head start, or I know I won't have time with Easter swiftly approaching. Here's some of stuff I can make with this cart.

I can't wait to start playing with it.

February 22nd, 2012, 06:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Ladies! I feel like I haven't been here in awhile. Things have been busy around here, just like everyone else. I'll make more of a point to make a few minutes for our cozy group.

Lara, I'm so sorry hun. Sending you a big hug and a shoulder to cry on. I hope you are doing okay and taking it easy on yourself.

Marie, sorry to hear about sick kids and poor E. Our little Nathan, ran smack into a door frame and has a huge gash (about an inch on a 2 year old head) right in his forehead. He's going to have a nice scar. I've been putting vitamen E on it, but it looks like it will still scar.

Beth, good luck to your DH finding a job. Hang in there.

Becky, glad it's calming down. Lila is also starting to talk up a storm...so fun!

We had a Valentine's Day party at our house for our extended family. It was fun, tons of food and desserts. We made it all....except the 3 dozen donuts.

Our 2nd DD turns 10 on Saturday, so we are having her party Friday night. I'm making 4 trays of lasagna, a crockpot of chili, 4 loaves of homemade bread, some brocolli, apple and carrot tray, orange salad, fruit salad, and 48 cupcakes. Yikes and we are only having the 4 Grandparents, plus us. Our kids are eating up a storm, I feel like I spend at least 2/3 of my day either making food, cleaning up, or preparing. Thankfully I have lots of kiddos helping, but I'm still the captain in the kitchen, hehe. We are so blessed though. I look at our life and really am shocked we have 9 kiddos and would welcome more. It has been more of a blessing than I could ever have imagined.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Mari

February 22nd, 2012, 09:11 AM
Wow, Mari-that's a lot of food! My four eat like adults, I can't imagine how 9 would eat! It sounds like a great party Oh and Terre was looking for an update from you in LF's

Becky-I've been talking about getting a Cricut for years, that Elmo stuff is so cute! Not sure what I'd do with it now that I don't paper scrap. Good for you for hostessing scrap! It'd be a great motivator I think

I got over a throat infection two days ago and last night I picked up a sinus cold bug. Of course, right? Our friends' LO whose 10weeks got admitted last night for RSV, they're getting uninvited from the twins' bday party this Sunday. Maybe I'll just cancel the party and do something with just the seven of us

Lucky mother to five!

February 23rd, 2012, 08:52 AM
Mari - so good to "see" you. You stay so busy, and I don't know how you do it.

Marie - I absolutely love my cricut. I have the small one, but keep looking at the big one. I just can't justify the cost of upgrading right now. I hope you feel better & I hope you bday party goes well.

February 23rd, 2012, 11:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Marie, hope you feel better soon.

Becky, your new toy sounds fun, altough, honestly, I have no idea what it does!

Wendesday is cleaning day here. My crew cleaned bathroom, vacuumed all the floors on both level (remember we have no "flooring, just plywood), but it still needs to be swept, cleaned the fridge, washed bedding. It looks great and I love Wednesdays for that reason. Marie, you'll love when the kiddos get a touch older and can do all the work for you . Even Miss Lila loves to dust with her duster.

This afternoon we made our cupcakes, cake, orange salad, fruit salad, 15 lbs of chili ( yep, you read that right), and now I'm working on corn chowder for dinner. We only need to peal 10 lbs of potatoes . Church had a potluck last night and sent home a try with 20 sandwiches on it that were leftover. Lunch.....all gone. They are them all along with 6 lbs of fruit cocktail and a bottle of juice. Lucky they are getting old enough to cook and bake. I need all the extra help I can get.

On another note, my thyroid meds are leveling out and I'm feeling human again! What a relief.

Hope everyone has a Blessed day!

February 23rd, 2012, 08:05 PM
yay for a happy thyroid! 6lbs of fruit cocktail? wow! I can't even begin to imagine 15lbs of chili and corn chowder sounds great!

yes, I can't wait until they're chore-able! Nolan discovered the value of chore tickets and how they convert to dollar amounts-I haven't fed the dog or emptied small garbage cans in over six weeks! And he's learning to vacuum well, love it!

Lucky mother to five!

February 23rd, 2012, 08:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am popping in while my little princess is asleep. She is going through a stage where she wants us to be attached at the hip (okay, she wants to be on my hip or my lap every waking moment). So far, she has been either napping or has not gotten up for the day yet when I go to work, but I am preparing for the "Mommy don't go, please don't leave me" thing that will happen when I go to work and she is awake. I love the fact that she wants me and pretty much only me right now but it is exhausting and she has a total meltdown if I actually want to go to the potty without her. I usually take her along but if it is going to be a long stay, I don't like to take her because she gets bored and likes to explore the bathtub which is definitely a no-no.
Mari and Marie~ I feel like such a flop as a mommy when I am having trouble managing my one child when you are both doing so well raising several.
I think I hear her starting to move around. Guess she realizes she is alone in bed. Will try to get on and post replies tomorrow if nap time goes well.

February 24th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Oh Beth, don't ever think you're a flop of a mom-everyone is doing their best whether they have one or nine

Lucky mother to five!

February 27th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That's right!!!!

I have a few higher maintanence littles that make it tough. It's not about the numbers, but so much on personality as well. You are doing a great job Mama! And, it's good to see you around Beth. I was wondering about you.

We recovered from her party and had a great time. She had a great time, whichis what really counts!

Becky, our 2 year old loves Elmo. He sleeps with him and he even has a spot at our table for him to eat. And our table is shrinking as it is. But it's fun. We are having a bring your stuffed animal to dinner night tonight. That should be fun. Andy is working late, so it's just me. Sometimes I think I'm nuts. I'll let you know how it goes!

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search