April Chit-Chat

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2012, 06:18 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi ladies! It's hard to believe it's April already. Spring is in full force here, and my allergies are letting me know it too. Overall though, I do love to see the blooming trees & flowers. Not much going on to report here. It's work, home & back again. I'm still plugging away at Mark's bday stuff and hope to have some pics to share shortly.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
April 2nd, 2012, 01:41 PM
Teeniemama's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi Becky and ladies! Spring is in full force here too, although today is a bit windy and cool. My head hurts, I think that is minor allergy related. I am eleven weeks today and so far, so good! I am already sticking out. I will not be one of those people who is surprised when a baby falls out in the potty! ha ha ha

Oh, it's funny because people at work keep telling me they were suspicious. Not because of all the baggy clothes I was wearing, but because of my face! I guess I am, above all things, a big fat head!!!!
Just_Marie likes this.

April 2nd, 2012, 08:07 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Eleven weeks, that's so great! I love how everybody else's pregnancies seem to fly by
April 3rd, 2012, 10:58 AM
11 weeks! wow! Yay, Betsy!!

AFM, my allergies are acting up too. Ugh! I love the blooming trees & flowers, but do hate the allergy part. Oh well, cant' do much about it. Mark is super cranky right now, he's cut 1 of those last 4 molars, and 2 others are just under the surface. I hope they cut soon for him. Poor little man. So that's it for my end of things.

April 9th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies,
Hope everyone is well, its been awhile since anyone was here.

AFM, I am hopefully finishing up bleeding. It has been a journey with many prayers, that is for sure. My body is healing, but my heart, thats another thing.

7 of the 9 kids are sick with the flu.....ah. Yucky. I can't remember the last time we had it here. And I have it also, which is rare. But it's so hard totake care Mama when she's trying to take care of everyone else. My dear FIL brought dinner for kiddos. I told him to put it on the porch, knock and run! Hoping to feel better soon!

April 12th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Ladies! I am popping in and actually posting. It is rough to post when you have a three foot tall computer whiz 'helping'.
Mari~ Hope you and the kids are better. on someone bringing food while you were taking care of everyone.
Becky~ Hope your allergies are better.
Betsy~ Congrats on being almost through the first trimester.
Hi Marie, Sam and anyone else I missed!

April 13th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Hi Becky, Marie, Mari, Beth, Sam, and fabulous ladies. Hope you are all doing well. It's Friday again (yay!) and I'm looking forward to getting off work and having a lazy weekend. Or as lazy as possible with my two stepsons. Becky don't forget to show pix of bday. Mari, I hope your kids feel better!

April 13th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Hello ladies! My inet's been unreliable and we went away for a few days over Easter, so I've been scarce.

It actually snowed today-gross
April 17th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Hi ladies! It's been so hectic lately, but I've been thinking of you all. Everyone is good on our end & thankfully overall staying healthy. MIL did burn her hands pretty good last week, but after doc visit & a silver based cream she is healing nicely. SIL ended up having an emergency c/s so our new little nephew was delivered yesterday - a little over 3 lbs. No other info, didn't even think to ask what his name is, but everyone is stable.

We celebrated Orthodox Easter on Sunday, it's hard to get Mark to sit/stand still for pics anymore, but here's a few that I did get.

His 2nd year pics are ready for pickup and I'll upload those soon too. And then we're having his bday this weekend, so I'll bombard you all with more pics after that too.

other then that, how is everyone doing???

April 17th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Love the pics of Mark, Becky. He is a cutie!

April 18th, 2012, 05:55 AM
Thanks, Beth!! You need to post some new pics of Katie bug for us to enjoy!

April 18th, 2012, 07:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes you do!!

I need to update my siggy......I'll try. The kids have all grown so much here.

Hope everyone has a good day. We all clean on Wed morning. It's also bath time for all the littles, so it's busy, I just stole a minute.

Hope everyone has a great day!

April 19th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Here is a picture of Katie in her play yard. I had to have an area fenced in so she could run without me having to run and keep her out of traffic.

Last edited by MomtoKatieB; April 19th, 2012 at 01:58 PM.
April 19th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am waiting for a new siggy. The siggy maker I made an express lane request to has been busy with sickness and the like so I am patiently waiting to see if there are any additional things I need to add to make the siggy. Katie has changed so much that I am anxious to see how the new one looks.

April 19th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Woo love the pics of Mark and Katie!!!! When up I was on the board before you guys were prego! So fun to see them now .

We had an appt Wednesday and heard the heartbeat, it was in the 150s. I was disappointed because no ultrasound! I assumed they just did those whenever you went in. Our next ultrasound is June 1, an eternity away!

Hope everyone is having a great week! Ours is a bit challenging since my mom is in the hospital. Hopefully she can go home in a few days.

April 20th, 2012, 12:55 PM
yay for a little hb! sorry your mom's in the hossy, though

beautiful pics ladies!

not much new here-been on evenings with my students this week, work sure interrupts my OL social life
April 23rd, 2012, 01:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Okay, you all, it is late April in North Carolina and I woke up this morning to see snow blowing in the air. Ugh! Katie has been indoors all day because the temps are in the high 30s F and since she is used to short sleeves and no coat weather, she didn't want to dress for today's weather. On a happy note though, when singing our version of B-I-N-G-O, my little darling can spell her name. I sing "Lucky Mommy has a girl and her name is Katie" then she goes "k-a-t-i-e" three times and then looks at me to finish the song "and Katie is her name." Yes, I am a wild over every little thing she does mommy. I get excited when she sings "e-i-e-i-o" or makes the animal sounds when we sing Old MacDonald.
Just_Marie likes this.

April 24th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Beth - that is so adorable!!! Mark is now starting to hum along to songs and whenever we stop, he immediately says "again" for us to sing it over again. These little rascals are so adorable.

Betsy - I hope your Mom does get to come home soon & yay for hearing that wonderful sound - the heartbeat. I loved that sound at every visit.

Marie - LOL about school interferring with OL social life. I understand that feeling, work interferes for me alot.

It's still a busy world for me lately, but I'm trying to keep things going. It's always extra crazy these last few days/weeks before MIL returns to Greece and she leaves this Sunday so things are nuts around the house right now. Other then that, we're all good. SIL had her baby early @ 32ish weeks - I don't think she ever said what her due date is, she's a very private person. Baby boy is stable, 3 lbs, 6 ounces, and will be in the hospital for a while. She was discharged last Friday. We had our combined party on Saturday early bday for Mark and going away for MIL. It went well, several folks canceled, but it was a nice small group and the rain held off so we could enjoy the deck. Yay!! We literally just got the cushions off the chairs & the stuff inside from the deck by 7pm and 7:15 the skies opened up.

April 24th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thinking of you all, I just had a minute to run inside!

We are finally getting all the kids to their respective bedrooms, yeah! We painted the last girl room this weekend, and it's ALL girl. Princesses, castles, flowers, you name it it's pink and cute We also painted Henry's nursery and got it organized. The kids all share a room, 2 to a room, except Henry, who is number 9 has no roomate. The kids feel bad for him. Kinda sweet. He still sleeps with us so he's not really alone.

We have 70 and sunny, so we are washing 10 loads of bedding and its on the clothesline. Love it, until we bring it in and need to make 9 beds......

Have a great day!
Just_Marie likes this.

April 25th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Hello ladies!
So jealous of those of you with some sun, lol! Snow last week, warm for two days, now the rain has begun and won't be gone until July I'm sure.
We bought the kids a new playset and wooden play house, which took dh and a hired guy 22 hours to build, insane! And its been raining since then so the kids haven't played on them yet, lol
I'll have to put pics on FB

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search