July already? Lets chat ladies!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 3rd, 2012, 10:37 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Who?
What?
When?
Where?
Why?
How?
July 4th, 2012, 03:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Happy July, Marie! I love the new quote. I agree with it completely.
Just_Marie likes this.

July 4th, 2012, 05:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Who? My little extended family (Mom, Dad, Sis, Aunt, DH, Katie and I)

What? Watching fireworks on the front porch

When? Tonight

Where? At my aunt's house

Why? Because the rest of the week will be stressful.

How? It will be stressful because there are lots of things going on in my nutsy world this month and maybe tonight I can just forget about it all for a while.

Just an explanation on the nutsy world thing: I have a funeral tomorrow, then my ILs come in (FIL this week and MIL next week. . . can't have them too close together since they are not on friendly terms), Mom has therapy starting Friday until whenever to combat lymphadema and my babysitter has cateract surgery on Tuesday so I will have to depend on alternative sitters since Mom can't use one arm due to her issue and my aunt/babysitter can't lift more than five pounds.

July 4th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Oh Beth, you've got lots on your plate again-I hope today lets you relax a bit and forget about life for a few hours

Who? me, dh, five kids, dog, sitter, flooring guy
What? flooring guy giving an estimate this am, N and E have gymnastics summer camp for half a day, sitter is here so dh and I can go for lunch
When? all day
Where? here and in the city
Why? because its Wednesday!!
How? suburban, minivan, grace of God
July 5th, 2012, 06:20 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Marie, I love that quote!! It's perfect.

Who? - right now, just me in my office at work. (Shhhh, don't tell on me)

What? - I "should" be creating positions to move, but instead I'm catching up here on JM.

When? - for another few minutes, then back to work I go. Off at 4, pick up my boys and head home to relax.

Where? - a very chilly building where they believe the AC temp needs to be in the 60s. Then we go outside and sunglasses fog up from the temp change.

Why? - cause I can.

How? - by ignoring the phone, shutting the door, and typing away on JM.

Hi ladies! It just doesn't seem possible to be July already. Where in the world is this year going to? Mark is growing so fast, more words everyday and this is such a fun age with him. We had no power over a very hot weekend, but with a portable generator going for the fridge and a few fans we managed to stay as cool as possible. We all camped out in the basement, which he thought was a great adventure. He didn't seem scared little light at darktime and using flashlights and candles, but did start saying it was spooky & telling us there were monsters. We're still having these high temps through this weekend, and then it will cool down to the upper 80s for a couple of days.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
July 5th, 2012, 09:42 PM
wow, they're saying its going to get crazy hot here on the weekend of 28*C so around 82 degrees-we don't get much hotter than that.
Today was a beautiful 66* without wind, thats our normal
July 6th, 2012, 05:01 AM
Your temps sound amazing....we do tend to get hot & humid here in the summertime. The heat by itself wouldn't be as bad, but add in the humidity and it's just sticky & icky. Thankfully we do have a finished basement we can play and sleep in when needed and we've been playing on the patio, which still isn't completely done, very frustrating.

I really need to vent about the patio, hope you ladies don't mind. The guy we hired to do some stuff including the patio, hired a sub contractor to do the patio. This was a sub contractor he had not used before cause his regular guy was busy with another project. The sub contractor was an idiot, literally, and admitted afterwards that he had not done stamped concrete pattern before. That's very obvious, and then before he finally admitted it, he kept trying to fix it and made it even worse. The patio was started on April 15th, so we're coming up on 3 months now. The regular guy came out (after smacking the guy we hired up side the head for using someone else) and basically told us it's unrepairable. He is going to have to cut out the patio, dig it up, repour and redo. Yuck! No cost to us of course, but it's just such a hassle. And if you all remember last August when I had the termites, earthquake & hurricane in 1 week? Well, we will now have to arrange for Orkin to come back out and retreat entire backside of the house since they're digging it up. The first dig to lay original patio was okay, they dug down 6 inches, termite treatment was put in 8 inches. But now they have to dig into the treated area. Grrrrrr!!! Just another hassle on top of the patio. The patio is technically usable, Mark is playing on it, but it looks horrible. It's a great shaded area under the deck and extending to end of the house and we have an overall wooded shaded yard beyond the patio. The deck is amazing, but we knew with our typical summer temps here that we would really enjoy a patio even more then the deck. Mark rides his toys out there, we bounce the ball, and we have a small pool out there for us all to enjoy. We just can't finish the rest of what we wanted to do, plantings around the patio, closing off a little shed under one corner - we have an L where the house has a bump out 6x10 feet, so we're planning to close off into a shed for lawn equipment & Mark's outside toys. The regular guy is scheduled to come out next week to start the demolishing. Hopefully when I'm off work with Mark for the 1 1/2 weeks, we'll have it to enjoy together, and we can start working on the shed.

Okay vent over, whew, I feel better now.

So, how's everyone doing? What cute & funny things are your LOs doing these days?

July 6th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Oh Becky, that patio is a nightmare! Its a pain now but you will be so happy when its finally done, next summer Its going to be beautiful!

Kids are good, N and E have their last day of gymnastics preschool today-they've loved it-they think its preschool instead of summercamp. The exercise is so good for them and the socialization with girls for Elizabeth.

Off for lunch with the fam before "preschool"!
July 10th, 2012, 05:09 AM
Hi ladies! How's everyone doing? We're doing okay here, enjoying the break from those awful temps we had for over a week. It's much cooler down in the 80s now. Yay! It was raining lightly yesterday morning on the way to work, and DH laughed at me cause I just stood in the rain for a few extra minutes.

July 11th, 2012, 10:26 PM
a dance in the rain would be nice!

I wish we had a private board, but we don't. I'm okay
July 12th, 2012, 06:35 AM
((((Hugs)))) Marie. A private board would be nice, but I don't know if we have enough members active here any more for it. I'm glad you're okay, and wish I could come up in person to see you & give some hugs (and strangle or smack upside the head a few people).

July 14th, 2012, 06:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hugs, Marie. Like Becky, I wish I could deliver them in person, but know you are in my thoughts.
Becky, we have had rain all week long and someone said we are supposed to have rain until the end of next week.
Of course, there was a good side to the rain (evil laugh) because MIL thinks it rains here all the time so she was not a fan and won't be coming back too often.

July 14th, 2012, 11:09 PM
happy Saturday evening ladies-its so hot here
we had Joey's first bday party today, he loves cake!
July 15th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies! I'm sorry I've been so missing lately.....

It's beeen a busy summer, just like most of you I'm sure. We have been getting our house into better shape outside from what it was. Remember, it was a foreclosure with damage...enough said. We got 2 decks up and will start on a 3rd before summer is out. We have 2 big gardens that take work, and we are geting a spot ready for raspberries, so that's what we've been up to. Plus kids activities and just summer fun!

It was also a harder week last week since we would have been finding out if baby was a boy or girl. It's been 3 1/2 months since the miscarriage and my heart still is heavy. We are putting in a memorial garden and getting a little angel statue to put in it. Not everyone will know what it is, but it will give me a place to remember.

So that's me! Hope everyone is well, I didn't get a chance to read back, but i'll try and stop in a few times this week.

Hugs to you ladies!

July 15th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Oh Mari-I'm so sorry
I think your angel in the garden is beautiful, I might have to steal that for our sweet lost angel.
You're in my prayers
July 16th, 2012, 12:00 PM
(((Hugs))) Mari. I'm sorry sweetie. I to love the idea of an angel in your garden. That is an amazing way to remember your little angel.

Marie - love the pic of Joey & his cake. You have an amazing photographer.

Beth - LOL about MIL and the rain. I hope you stress the rain every time you or DH talk to her.

AFM, we're dealing with the heat again here so just trying to stay as cool as possible. I'm off work for most of the next 2 weeks, so Mark & I will have some fun together.

July 17th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies. I really appreciate the thoughts and prayers. No mattter how many we had, they are still all so loved and special. And that one is sure missed. I know God will bring good from the ashes, I'm just still waiting to see that part.

We also have heat here. Heat index of 105....that's insane in Wisconsin. I have a tough time with the heat and burn terribly as do some of the kiddos. Than we have our Travis, he's 4, and we call him our tomato. He loves the heat, sun, and tans so nice. I'm jealous of him! But I'm thankful for a/c and a nice basement.

Beth, love the mil and rain.....
Marie, love sweet Joey. Ah.
Becky, enjoy that time off!

Have a good afternoon ladies.

July 19th, 2012, 04:49 AM
Mari, that is hot for Wisconsin! I've visited the Sheboygan area several times in July, August, and September and it's always been comfortable, even some cool nights/days. It should finally be cooler for us today & nice tomorrow in the mid 80s. That'll be a nice break from the heat. We too are so thankful for AC and a finished basement to chill out in.

I ended up having to get up extra early and worked Mon - Wed and then met up with DH who took Mark into work with him. Mark enjoyed Daddy's work. But I'm off now and today we're having a playdate with his little buddy from daycare. We'll be leaving shortly and then be back home by naptime. I hope everyone has a great day.

July 20th, 2012, 03:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hope everyone has had a great month so far. I have survived the IL visits but life is still pretty hectic. Mom will find out the results of her latest round of blood work next Wednesday and we are all on pins and needles (I know that God has it all planned out, but I am selfish and want my mom to get a clean bill of health). For those of you on FB, my new profile pic is Katie asleep in a shopping cart at Wal Mart. She is now the owner of a Sponge Bob pillow because my cousin (whose daughter took the picture) said, "Hey, she was a good girl in the store so she got a present." lol Yeah, like my daughter doesn't get a present every time she goes anywhere with my family. . . they spoil her.

July 20th, 2012, 06:34 AM
Nothing wrong with a little spoiling, Beth. I'll have to check out the facebook page. I'm so bad at uploading new pics there, and I've had several complaints lately about that. I hope your Mom gets good news with the test results.

AFM today, we are going to be pulling out the art supplies to have some fun. And then I hope a good nap so I can get some housework/laundry done and perhaps some more scrapbooking.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search