September, is anyone out there for some chitchat?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 2nd, 2012, 12:18 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Are you there?
What's going on for Sept??

Lucky mother to five!

September 4th, 2012, 07:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm here! i hope to be around more asthe garden wraps up. I feel bad I havn't been here in awhile.

Kids are calling!

September 4th, 2012, 11:46 PM
Mari! Great to see you here!
Where did our handful of regulars go?

Anyone thinking of TTC again?
I'm out of the game, and I'm great with that atm

Lucky mother to five!

September 5th, 2012, 12:15 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi ladies! I'm still here, popping in when I can. I don't have much online time, and and I do, I'm usually down at the Paper Scrap board doing my hosty stuff. We may TTC in the spring/summer, actually discussing that right now. Our hearts really want another LO. Work is pretty hectic right now too & got lots of house projects happening to. busy busy busy.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
September 5th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Hi Becky!
Oh how exciting for next spring!! I hope you get a nice quick, sticky bfp! Mark will be an amazing big brother, I'm sure

We are sending Nolan on the bus for the first time tomorrow to kindergarten!!

Lucky mother to five!

September 6th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Wow! Nolan going to kindergarten??? Where does the time go to? I'm sure you've posted pics on FB, but you should post some here to of that special 1st day of school.

September 6th, 2012, 09:02 PM
I will load to pb at some point and put a few here He was so proud of himself and had a great day! Six years ago I was 35 weeks pg with him, amazing!

Lucky mother to five!

September 9th, 2012, 09:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Marie~ Yay on Kindy for N
Becky~ Awesome on TTC next year
Mari~ Hope all is well and the harvest is plentiful.

I have been busy trying to put together the Sweet Sixteen to end all Sweet Sixteens or at least that is how it feels. Katie's birthday sharer (lacking one day of being born 13 years apart) is turning 16 and wants this whole Hollywood glam insane party. Oh and I get to be one of the official photographers. Yay Me! (Not!) I have been creating VIP/Backstage Passes to go in the sleeves that hang on the lanyards, Thank You cards complete with her pic and this little saying about only turning 16 once in a lifetime but friends and family being forever and of course, I had to help her mom figure out what needed to go on the scratch off tickets and invitations (which look like a movie premiere ticket). Remind me to check myself into the psych ward when Katie's 16th birthday rolls around because this one is driving me nuts and my little princess isn't even the guest of honor.
Okay, enough of my griping. . . back to our regular scheduled autumn.

September 9th, 2012, 10:09 PM
Oh Beth, that sounds like a lot of work-I hope the girls love it!

Lucky mother to five!

September 9th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Marie, I just hope Rach appreciates all the work her mom and I are putting into this party. By the way, have you ever heard of a singer named Mika?

September 13th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Beth, that souunds like quite the party! What a nice Aunt to do that. I'm sure Katie's 16th will come up all to soon. These Kids grow to fast sometimes! I am amazed that my oldest is already 12. Wow.

Becky, how exciting TTC again next year! Mark is such a doll, I'd only be shocked if you didn't want another.

Marie, I loved Nolans pictures and Miss Elizabeths. It's that time of year again for school tostart, but I remember Nolan as just an itty bitty. When did all our kids start growing up?!

AFM.....still harvesting!!! We did carrots yesterday, salsa the day before, and today I'm doing my last batch of tomatoes (I think). Waiting onsome apples now. We have great weather (finally!) it's 72......ah, love it. Henry turns 1 on Saturday. Hard to believe. I'll try and put up a new siggy so you can all see him. I'm a little partial.

Hope everyone is well!

September 13th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Happy Birthday Henry!!

Some of my strongest kid memories are of my mom canning tomatoes and peaches and making pickles. I hated doing all of it, and do none of it now, but I remember the smells and it reminds me so much of her. You are making amazing memories for your family, Mari

Anybody getting Halloween costumes out yet? I have a stash but yesterday I bought three pirates for the big boys, Elizabeth will be a monarch butterfly and Joey will be a lion

Lucky mother to five!

September 17th, 2012, 03:41 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
hey ladies, sorry i've been totally MIA...we lost this pregnancy (yes, that's 3 in a row now) and it was tougher b/c we had made it through the 8wk scan still with a healthy heartbeat so was really crushed a couple weeks later when we found out hb was gone. I had D&C a couple of weeks ago (at 13wks) after trying to handle the m/c naturally for 2 weeks but body never clued in so D&C was necessary.

Anyway, we had testing run from the D&C and baby had Trisomy 21, so that gave us some closure and reassurance that it wasn't attributable to my other blood clotting issues. We just got clearance from RE to TTC as soon as new cycle starts (could be awhile though) and i'll keep you posted.

On the Halloween front, Savannah wants to be Rapunzel so i really need to get on finding her a costume (i'm in no way talented enough to make one) and I'm looking forward to taking her around trick or treating this year - i think she'll really understand & get excited for it now.

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
September 17th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Oh Lara, I am so sorry for your loss Losses are so tough, doesn't seem to matter how early or late or how many, I'm so sorry

Lucky mother to five!

September 22nd, 2012, 09:16 PM
hi girls-is it looking like fall for you?

Lucky mother to five!

September 23rd, 2012, 07:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Lara~ Sorry for you loss.

I have a tiny tyrant on my knee as I type chanting "Disney Junior, Okay!" This is not a question but rather a command. The computer is not mine anymore.

September 23rd, 2012, 09:59 PM
oh Beth lol!
Nolan asked me yesterday if he can have his own ipad or computer. Seriously? I told him to go outside and climb a tree, literally.

Lucky mother to five!

September 24th, 2012, 07:33 AM
Lara - I'm so sorry sweetie. (((hugs)))

Beth - wow, that is quite the party. I hope she really appreciates it all.

Mari - I cannot believe Henry is 1 now, time is definitely flying by these days.

Marie - Nolan wanted his own laptop. That is too funny.

AFM - work is super busy. I've got over 700 applications to go through from a recruitment that just ended so I expect to remain super busy for a while now. Beyond work though, we're all doing good. Mark is growing up so fast, and we're attempting to potty train right now. Totally clueless in starting this project, but we're hoping . . . any tips from the BTDT mamas here.

September 24th, 2012, 02:05 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
thanks ladies

Beth - tyrant is exactly how i'd describe Savannah too...it's a constant battle to try to get her to say please instead of issuing commands like she's the queen

Marie - sheesh, Savannah steals my iPhone all the time to play a few of the educational games i put on there for her. Definitely a different generation huh? I don't even remember using the phone (except to call grandma!) until I was 12 or something...

Becky - wow that sounds like a lot of applications to sift through...on potty training front, i'd love advice too! Savannah has used potty, tries every day multiple times, but doesn't seem to have any real desire to ditch diapers and REALLY potty train. I've been trying not to push, but as we're rapidly approaching 3 i'm starting to think I need too...

Weather here is sunny & hot still (mid to upper 90s all weekend + today) although they keep promising a "cool off" to 80s soon...not very fall like at all!

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
September 24th, 2012, 11:42 PM
its probably against all of the parenting stuff but I find candy bribes or a treat from the treasure chest works for PTing my kids, even the twins got PT'd this week, finally! I just buy jellybeans or something else, they learn quickly. N and E PT'd at 30 months and the twins are now 42moths and have been day dry for a week, they are very late IMO but those two never seem to think any rules apply to them lol. One jelly bean for a pee, two for a poop and make sure to put them on the potty every hour minimum. I also reward them for dry underwear and I recommend underwear over pullups-they are very $$$ and are just like diapers.

And be prepared for wet floors lol!

And be prepared for wet floors lol!

Lucky mother to five!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search