2013 OM Grads never ending thread!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC-OM Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 24th, 2013, 09:16 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oh my goodness Beth, what a gong show! The muddle foot printed sweatshirt, really??? I almost had to laugh, the whole week was a nightmare!
January 30th, 2013, 07:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey everyone! Just thought I'd drop in and say "hi"! I wanted to see how everyone is doing! What a year and it's only January! It's amazing to me that I have a junior in high school, a freshman in high school, a 6th grader and...MAX is in preschool! I'm not the oldest mom there A woman I graduated from high school with is a month or two older than me. Yessssssssss!
Marie - Yay for you and your exercising! I just stepped up my workouts last week. I need to get rid of the rest of this baby weight, Max is 40 months old (It sounds better when I'm talking about baby weight if I don't say three years old )
Beth - I hope you've healed from the fall. And, that funeral sounds like it was awful. I'm also very sorry for the loss of your aunt. Definitely a different kind of loss.
Becky - Can you believe how fast they get big? And, I'm so excited you're thinking of adding a sibling. I'm not excited at the thought of you having to move. Don't get me wrong. I love the idea of a new house. I HATE packing and moving. Good luck with your search for your new home.
Well, I need to clean my kitchen. I hope everyone has a great week!
Kelty

January 30th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Kelty~ I am so happy you checked in. I was wondering how you all had been. Hard to believe how quick the LOs are growing up.
I am doing better. The weather is totally insane here. We went from ice last Friday through Sunday, warmed up on Monday and Tuesday, was rainy and in the 60s today (so we are flooding) and the temps are going to drop tonight into the 20s so we will have ice and snow again in the morning. If I don't like the weather here, at least I know it will change in a few minutes.

January 30th, 2013, 05:25 PM
Kelty!!

Our weather has been super-weird here too this winter, not typical for us
February 4th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies, remember me?!

I'm sorry it has been so awful long since I have been in here.

We are crusing along baking number 10, a girl!, at least we think she's a girl. They didn't see girl parts, but not boys either, so we are assuming girl. We'll pick out a boy name just in case though. The kids are all growing fast and winter has flown by. Our oldest is 12 and our baby is 16 months

On January 1st, my DH quit his job and we started our own business We have been really busy so far and it's been pretty good to us. We are enjoying more flexible hours, and having more time with the kiddos. With me home full time and hubby working 30-35 hours a week, with NO commuting, we love it. It's scary to quit it, but very freeing at the same time. The kids love that he has no "boss"

I'll try and read back, but just wanted to pop in and say hi and I'm so glad you ladies are still here! I feel like a terrible on line friend.

Hope you are all well!

February 4th, 2013, 05:55 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kelty!! And Mari!! So great to "see" you ladies! I to have wondered how you both were doing.

Mari - congrats on #10. And yay for DH working from home. That would be exciting & scary.

Kelty - I cannot believe Max is in preschool! All our babies are growing up so fast. I am not looking towards packing & moving at all. That part is already exhausting.

Beth - that funeral sounds interesting. . . And makes me think you & I may have same type of relatives. Lol!

Marie-crazy winter weather here to. Mark is so disappointed that we have only had 1 tiny bit of snow that he could help daddy shovel. I will have to upload pics of him with his shovel. It was adorable.

AFM things are ok. Work has had a lot of stupid issues lately. At home we are doing good. I thought we were finally finished with the sickies but Mark is now coughing again. Poor lil guy. Pottyttraining is going ok. Mark was thrilled to pick out undies with cars & thomas the train on them. With the house hunting, we have put it on hold. We found some great houses but they were a little to far from work. The ones closer in we didn't find any we loved or the schools/neighborhood were icky. So we are taking a few months off looking. More will come on the market in the spring & 2 new comunities should be starting to be built that are in great areas. We will want to look at those to before we make a decision. I think that is about it for an update from me.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
February 4th, 2013, 06:23 PM
Look at all our "oldies" popping up! Love it!

I'm just getting over another cold, I'm done! No more sickness in my house! Busy with my students, busy being a student, wife, mom, good citizen, good friend IRL and OL. Its exhausting, but great

The snow has been melting for the past five days, water in our backyard. Just spoke with my sister who lives 2 hrs away and she's had snow the past week, so much she's gonna have to get it off the roof and deck before they collapse. Strange! Moving stresses me out, I don't blame you for holding off Becky!
February 6th, 2013, 09:44 PM
Hi ladies! How are you doing?
February 13th, 2013, 04:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Marie~ Hope you are feeling better. Did your sister have to clear off the snow or did hers start melting too? Definitely odd weather all around.

Becky~ I hate moving too and I agree that you don't want to 'settle' on a house that no one will be happy with. The perfect house is out there and it is just a matter of getting you together with it. In regards to the funerals, I have to admit that it was odd that the 'redneck' branches of each side of my family had deaths of their mothers in the same weekend. It was something I won't soon forget.

Mari~ Congrats on #10. How is working at home going for your DH?

Kelty~ I can't believe how fast our LOs are growing up. It seems like yesterday we were TTC them. How time flies!

AFM~ Katie is growing up a little more every day. Her favorite phrase right now is "I need your help." How can anyone not stop what they are doing and go help someone who needs help and asks so sweetly? She is a night eater, which is okay by me for now because I cook separately for her anyhow. I am trying to shed a few pounds so I am changing how I cook, but if she wants 'popcorn chicken', which is what she calls any sort of chicken tenders, I fix them for her. Since she doeesn't eat that much, I am just glad to see her eat a bite or two. DH is on board with my changing the eating habits but adds things to the meal that he wants since he says he is content with his lifestyle as it is. Oh, just a funny little thing to share: DH got a call from the urologist's office and they told him to still use protection until another test comes back clear. So, one test down until we get the all clear that he is officially 'fixed'.

February 13th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Oh Beth, I didn't know dh was getting the big snip! How are you feeling with that? I know you were done after your little sweetie, but the finality is sometimes jarring, it was for me anyhow.

Nope, she did the snow removal and just texted me a pic, she had a blizzard this am and its been melting here for the past two weeks. The snow is all gone from under our trees in our yard. Insane!
February 14th, 2013, 06:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Marie~ The Big Snip was a late Christmas present to me (he had it done on 12/26). We knew we were done but realizing we couldn't have any more was a bit jarring, more for me than for DH. I have just reminded myself of all the wonderful, generous people I know who are only children. I know that sometimes onlies get a bad rap, but I know as many generous people who don't have siblings as I know selfish to the core people who have siblings.
Happy Valentine's Day Ladies, hope your sweeties give you all the wonderful things you deserve.
Just_Marie likes this.

February 14th, 2013, 10:07 PM
Happy valentine's day!
February 21st, 2013, 03:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Ladies! DH told me yesterday evening that he is officially 'shooting blanks'. Two negative tests so we should be clear. Doing the happy dance!

February 25th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
HaHa Beth, I'm glad you are at peace with your decision. And there are wonderful kids who are only children and there are good kids from big families. Whatever we look for we will find. Miss Katie has a good example as a Mama and I don't worry that she will grow up great

We had a 3 hour roundtrip today to see a doctor in our network for our daughter. That's crazy. But gotta love insurance So the littles missed their nap, didn't nap in the van and by 4pm it was not a pretty sight around here!

DH is staying busy and we are loving being on our own! It's a lot of work, but so far so good. We are paying bills and are hoping to save enough to pour cement this summer in the shed so we can insulate and heat it. But time will tell.

Laundry buzzed, I better go! Hope you all are well!

March 3rd, 2013, 10:28 PM
Its been awhile, quiet bunch!
Had school this weekend, then today took the four bigs to a movie-lots of fun! I can't believe the twins turned four last week! I've got three four year olds until April 6th!
March 4th, 2013, 06:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Ladies! Did March come in like a lamb or a lion in your part of the world? We had frigid (for us) conditions and blowing snow. I am so sick of winter! Of course, this weather has helped DH, Katie and I all experience full blown colds. I think Katie got it from one of the girls at Sunday School last week and shared it with Mommy and Daddy. What a good little sharer she is.

March 4th, 2013, 06:59 PM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
((Hugs)) Beth, I hope you all feel better soon. Mark has shared several colds with us this year to.

DH has been sick lately to. It has not been a good winter for our household. Mark would love some snow but after this week where he should finally get some & then I will be ready for spring. Mil returns to Greece in early April so we are prepping for that at home. It's keeping us very busy.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
March 4th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Feb and March have been unseasonably mild for us, love it!
Hope all the sickies are better quickly!
I would love to go to Greece with your MIL
March 14th, 2013, 05:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Ladies! Weather is still crazy here. Yesterday it snowed while the sun was shining. Katie is meeting a cousin for the first time this weekend. DH's stepsister, her DH and their daughter are coming for a visit along with FIL and SMIL. I will post a photo of the girls together if I manage to get good one. Hope all is well with everyone.
Becky~ How does Mark deal with his grandmother being in Greece part of the year?

March 14th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies.
March here has been cold and snowy. I know that's not unheard of, but our average should be about 45 and I heard for the month, we are at 28. Yucky. Everyone is really getting cabin fever here, especially me. It's hard having 9 kids at home 24/7 going on month 6 of winter Not trying to complain, but we are ready for a least normal temps!

As for me, I'm almost 33 weeks and starting to slow down. Getting more contractions, and just in general tired. I had an appt yesterday and all was good, so I'm thankful.

Hope everyone is well.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search