Do most people think..........

Forum: Forty Something (and Plus) Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Forty Something (and Plus) Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2008, 01:23 PM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
you are younger or older then what you really are???

April 2nd, 2008, 03:11 PM
I think people probably think I am older then what I am...{mostly because of the age of my 3 older kids!}

April 2nd, 2008, 04:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Blondzilla
Most people think I am in my early 40's. I turned 50 last month! I am starting to age, tho. GRRR. lol Most people are very surprised to find out I have a 24 yr old son. It's nice, but I always blow it by saying "I'm 50! But don't tell anyone. lol" Yeah, don't tell anyone...leave that to me. lol
Dani
April 3rd, 2008, 04:43 AM
T&Ts mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yep younger all the time
mostly because i havent gotten any wrinkles yet i think?
most my gf are younger 2 are 30 and they are always saying it
i really dont know why and i dont hide my age
and i tell everyone im a grandma -which i get NO WAY..i say yes i am geeesh
April 3rd, 2008, 12:54 PM
People always find it hard to believe I`m a Maw Maw {Grandma} too! They always think my Grandsons are my Children. I think it`s cute! My oldest Grandson Jalen will be 13 in August So,I`ve been a Grandma for some years now!!! And I love it so much!!!!
My oldest Grandson actually likes when people think he is my Son... He has been told that he looks like me too!

April 3rd, 2008, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Most people think I am in my early 40's. I turned 50 last month! I am starting to age, tho. GRRR. lol Most people are very surprised to find out I have a 24 yr old son. It's nice, but I always blow it by saying "I'm 50! But don't tell anyone. lol" Yeah, don't tell anyone...leave that to me. lol
Dani[/b]

When I took my Grandson Jalen to the doctor for my Daughter because she had to work...The doctor thought I was Jalens Aunt {my Daughters Sister} He told her right away no This is my Maw Maw..

April 4th, 2008, 05:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Blondzilla
People used to do that with my mother and me. I guess slow aging just runs in the family. But you're right. It used to drive me nuts! When I was young, I always looked older. Now that I am older, I am sure glad that trend didn't continue! lol All in all, I think it's a mindset. I think if you feel and act old, you look old. If you're like me and simply refuse to grow up...well ok at some point you look like an idiot but that's a long way off, right? Right? RIGHT?
When it gets right down to it, what matters is not how young or old you look, but how you feel. Not how attractive you may or may not be, but how you live your life. Not how much money you have or what material things you own but how much you love and are loved by the people around you. I am truly blessed. I have people who love me and whom I love and I am happier than I have ever been before! With my first marriage, I had all the stuff. New cars, big houses, trips, money to spend on more stuff. I was miserable. Now I have an car that is paid off though not new, a home instead of a house, friends and family that care about me and not what I can offer them in the way of status, and enough money to meet my needs and still keep me appreciative of the things I have. I've gone from spending money to fill up time and this empty feeling in the pit of my stomach to spending time with loved ones and savoring every minute that I do. I don't worry anymore that someone might stop by and find me in my nightgown with no makeup on and a messy house. Now I welcome them and put on a pot of coffee! Sometimes I just sit back and think how lucky I am to be this flawed, slightly wackie person that I am. I'm the luckiest person in the world...in spite of my flaws...or maybe because of them!
Dani
April 4th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Quote:
People used to do that with my mother and me. I guess slow aging just runs in the family. But you're right. It used to drive me nuts! When I was young, I always looked older. Now that I am older, I am sure glad that trend didn't continue! lol All in all, I think it's a mindset. I think if you feel and act old, you look old. If you're like me and simply refuse to grow up...well ok at some point you look like an idiot but that's a long way off, right? Right? RIGHT?
When it gets right down to it, what matters is not how young or old you look, but how you feel. Not how attractive you may or may not be, but how you live your life. Not how much money you have or what material things you own but how much you love and are loved by the people around you. I am truly blessed. I have people who love me and whom I love and I am happier than I have ever been before! With my first marriage, I had all the stuff. New cars, big houses, trips, money to spend on more stuff. I was miserable. Now I have an car that is paid off though not new, a home instead of a house, friends and family that care about me and not what I can offer them in the way of status, and enough money to meet my needs and still keep me appreciative of the things I have. I've gone from spending money to fill up time and this empty feeling in the pit of my stomach to spending time with loved ones and savoring every minute that I do. I don't worry anymore that someone might stop by and find me in my nightgown with no makeup on and a messy house. Now I welcome them and put on a pot of coffee! Sometimes I just sit back and think how lucky I am to be this flawed, slightly wackie person that I am. I'm the luckiest person in the world...in spite of my flaws...or maybe because of them!
Dani[/b]
I know what you mean Dani...I had a rough 23 year marraige with my 3 Older Kids dad...{So thankful that I finally walked away from him and all the mental & physical abuse!} My life is soooooooooooooo wonderful now! I never ever thought I could be so happy! Like you,in my other life{marraige} I had a brand new car [my ex works at GM} I had a nice home & money....Actually I still have all of that with my Wonderful Hubby John...But, have soooooo much more...The Respect & Love from a real Man...My Hubby John doesn`t drink or abuse me in any kind of way! I have a very Peaceful life now! I THANK GOD EVERYDAY FOR MY LIFE!!! My cup runnith over! And the fact that he Blessed John & I with our Sweetie Miranda is another huge Blessing he has given us! I`m soooooooo grateful!!!

GOD IS GREAT!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search