Please...

Forum: Forty Something (and Plus) Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Forty Something (and Plus) Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2008, 02:31 PM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
keep my Youngest Brother Brandon {36} in your Prayers he left for Afghanistan on Saturday...He will be there 4 months. Brandon is a Cheif at the Fire Department on the Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton,Ohio..He is a trained EMT...Was a SEABEE in the Navy...Joined right after he graduated High school...So he has been here & there since he was young...I just worry about him..I know there is alot going on over there! Please keep him in your Prayers...Thank you!

He has an 8 year old Son, Dylan...Please Keep Dylan & his Mom Sally in your Prayers too! Thank you!

April 29th, 2008, 02:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Blondzilla
Having a son in Iraq, I know all too well the fears you have. I will keep him and his family in my prayers. God bless him for serving his country!
April 29th, 2008, 09:34 AM
T&Ts mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
[quote] I will keep him and his family in my prayers. God bless him for serving his country!

consider it done
April 29th, 2008, 11:47 AM
DANI, GOD BLESS YOUR SON TOO... Makes you so proud of the men in your family to serve our country,I know beings that my family has a long line of military back ground!...but, the worry goes right along with it! </span>

April 29th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Cindermella's Avatar Freakin Know it all
That is so hard to have someone over there.

I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"

I put the "D" in lysdexia

Sanity is a cozy lie.

Click here to remember Donovan
May 4th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Super Mommy
I got this forwarded to me:

One of my sons serves in the military, he is stationed in Ontario, Canada . He called me yesterday to let me know how warm and welcoming people were to him and his troops everywhere they go. Telling me how people shake their hands and thank them for being willing to serve and fight, not only our own freedoms but so that others may have them too.

Then he told me about an incident in the grocery store he stopped at yesterday, on his way home from the base. He said that several people were in the line ahead of him, including a woman dressed in a Burkha.

He said when she got to the cashier, she made a loud remark about the Canadian Flag, lapel pin, the cashier wore on her smock. The cashier reached up and touched the pin and said, 'Yes, I always wear it proudly, because I'm a Canadian.'

The woman in the burkha then asked the cashier when she was going to stop bombing her countrymen, explaining that she was Iraqi.

Then, a gentleman standing behind my son stepped forward, putting his arm around my son's shoulders and nodding towards my son, said in a calm and gentle voice to the Iraqi woman:

' Lady, hundreds of thousands of men and women like this young man have fought and died so that YOU could stand here, in MY country and accuse a check-out cashier of bombing YOUR countrymen. It is my belief that had you been this outspoken in YOUR own country, we wouldn't need to be there today. But, hey, if you have now learned how to speak out so loudly and clearly, I'll gladly buy you a ticket and pay your way back to Iraq, so you can straighten out the mess in YOUR country, that you are obviously here in MY country to avoid.'

Everyone within hearing distance cheered!

IF YOU AGREE... Pass this on to all of your proud Canadian friends.

May 7th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Quote:

One of my sons serves in the military, he is stationed in Ontario, Canada . He called me yesterday to let me know how warm and welcoming people were to him and his troops everywhere they go. Telling me how people shake their hands and thank them for being willing to serve and fight, not only our own freedoms but so that others may have them too.

Then he told me about an incident in the grocery store he stopped at yesterday, on his way home from the base. He said that several people were in the line ahead of him, including a woman dressed in a Burkha.

He said when she got to the cashier, she made a loud remark about the Canadian Flag, lapel pin, the cashier wore on her smock. The cashier reached up and touched the pin and said, 'Yes, I always wear it proudly, because I'm a Canadian.'

The woman in the burkha then asked the cashier when she was going to stop bombing her countrymen, explaining that she was Iraqi.

Then, a gentleman standing behind my son stepped forward, putting his arm around my son's shoulders and nodding towards my son, said in a calm and gentle voice to the Iraqi woman:

' Lady, hundreds of thousands of men and women like this young man have fought and died so that YOU could stand here, in MY country and accuse a check-out cashier of bombing YOUR countrymen. It is my belief that had you been this outspoken in YOUR own country, we wouldn't need to be there today. But, hey, if you have now learned how to speak out so loudly and clearly, I'll gladly buy you a ticket and pay your way back to Iraq, so you can straighten out the mess in YOUR country, that you are obviously here in MY country to avoid.'

IF YOU AGREE... Pass this on to all of your proud Canadian friends.[/b]
{{{{Thank you for sharing this}}}} How are you doing??? I sure miss you on here!

May 8th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:

IF YOU AGREE... Pass this on to all of your proud Canadian friends.[/b]
{{{{Thank you for sharing this}}}} How are you doing??? I sure miss you on here!
[/b]
You have no idea how much I miss you. I'm done packing up the house, now I gotta paint and fix and put it on the market. I barely have time to check in here. I do miss ya, though.
May 10th, 2008, 12:45 AM
CyprusMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
All your sons, proud Moms (you know who you are ) and families will be in my prayers!!

May 16th, 2008, 02:00 PM
My Mom, Miranda & I went to see Sally & my Nephew Dylan...I drove to Dayton yesterday..We had a really good visit...We took pictures..I will post them at a later date! Please continue to Pray for all of them..THANK YOU

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search