42 and want another baby, anyone else?

Forum: Forty Something (and Plus) Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Forty Something (and Plus) Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 17th, 2009, 07:11 PM
I'm new here.
I had my 1st child at 37, at home with a water birth. She was so challenging as a baby and toddler that I didn't know if I could ever have the strength for another. But things got easier, and I was pregnant spring 2008. My 2nd was born when I was 41, but he was 2 mths early and has ongoing health concerns since. Starting to resolve, but it's been a very difficult 11 mths. My husband and I barely look at each other after all this stress, and I don't know how I'd get motivated to do the actual ttc part - but despite the health concerns this baby has been such an easy going little guy, and I feel like the stuff i handled with my 1st was so much easier than what i've dealt with this time - i really really want another one. but my doc said that complication i had with my pregnancy might have been due to my "advanced age", and i don't want to put another baby through all the medical crap if it's becuase of my age.
i want more kids. i'm old. don't know what to do. anyone else over 42 not worried about health risks of having a baby at this age?
Baby Maxwell, born 2 months early, Jan. 16 2009
-----
January 27th, 2010, 06:59 PM
missy123's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi. I am 40 and have really thought about this. If I do get pregnant I will not do any genetic testing as I am prepared to raise my baby no matter what.

There is a TTC older members board here where there are a few girls 40+ TTC and having their babies really soon!

Pregnancy Loss April 2009, September 2010
CP 10/2008, 1/3/11 {missing my babies every single day}Mommy to 4 Children - 3 boys ages 22, 21 and 18 & baby Scarlett
After 2.5 years TTC with 4 losses our Family was given the gift of Miss Scarlett
Do not ever give up hope...

Miss Scarlett... Our miracle girl still brings happy tears to my eyes.

February 5th, 2010, 08:09 AM
mousemomof3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to mousemomof3
I am not 40 yet but my friend just had her 4th child at 42 and he is just fine. As long as you have a great dr you should be fine. I had my first at 28, second at 34 and my third when I was a month shy of 37. Love your daughters name. My oldest has the same name even spelled the same.

February 22nd, 2010, 07:38 PM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
I had my first (and only) the day after I turned 38. I just turned 40 last month. I've toyed with the idea of having another, but I need IVF to get pregnant and have pretty much decided I'm just not up to going through that all over again and I am happy with my family as is. The IVF thing was really the big tipping point, but I do admit that I also had concerns about a pregnancy over 40 because I would worry about the health of the baby. The statistics are hard to ignore, it is definitely high risk. That being said, there are many perfectly healthy babies born to those 40+

Good luck with whatever you decide!

March 1st, 2010, 05:25 AM
I'm 41 and will be 42 on June 3rd and would love a second child I had lexi when I was 35ish and she came a month early with minor complications as I it took us 2 years to conceive-
March 8th, 2010, 12:52 PM
Isabelle's Avatar 3 Princes & 1 Princess
I'm 41. We just lost a baby at 7 weeks pregnant. We immediately jumped on the TTC wagon again. We want just one more. I'll be over 42 if/when we have our 4th baby.

We have a 3.5 year old, 2 year old and a 1 year old.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search